• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Glitch / Problem Thread

playin co-op and 'the running back to in goal' glitch happened twice then a player disappeared.

just wondering if you get yellow/red carded then replace the player because he's in a critical position, eg prop. Does that then activate the 'invisible player' glitch?
(its actually quite fun watching the ball float around the pitch)

They want you do the challange to win the world cup on HARD with Namibia yet this is impossible as every time you play a decent team they turn the ball over on every single ruck!! how annoyyying. I also noticed the unplayable ball in maul even after you have thrown the ball. Just seems to me very lazy programming and just released as a easy money grab :/

the game sporadically crashes on me, and the disc is in perfect nick, and my console certainly doesn't crash on any other game.

If people aren't going to outline which console they are using, which update they have installed and wander off the point of what glitch they have into critiquing the game, they may find that their post is not here.

This thread is specifically for information regarding bugs and glitches. It'd help if HB knew everything that was specific to your game like who you were playing as, how long the game was for, which difficulty etc. If there's time to go off topic there's definitely time to put in relevant information. :)

If people aren't going to outline which console they are using, which update they have installed and wander off the point of what glitch they have into critiquing the game, they may find that their post is not here.

This thread is specifically for information regarding bugs and glitches. It'd help if HB knew everything that was specific to your game like who you were playing as how long the game was for, which difficulty etc. If there's time to go off topic there's definitely time to put in relevant information. :)

The more information the merrier with any issues. Thanks CA Iverson.

Sometimes when you do a drop goal, ball sails between the posts but no three points registered. Instead the opposition get a 22 metre drop out. Very frustrating.

The game has crashed three of four times in tour mode (versus Namibia and Argentina) I have X-box 360, disk is new and in perfect condition.

Does x to pick up the ball actually work? I have tried it but never once managed to pick the ball up - AI however does it every time.

Running at certain angle, defenders seem to forget to tackle.

I get 'Ball unplayable in the maul' message when the ball has already come out of the maul. Again extremely frustrating.

Other observations:

Support runners are appalling in this game - they hang far too far back - if you pass the ball to them they get swallowed up by a bunch of defenders. You need to get support runners much closer to the man with ball.

AI kicking it way too accurate - hitting middle of 22 everytime from their own 22.

AI plays FAR too many set plays - in fact most of their moves are set plays. Repetitive.

Passing slow and unresponsive - sometimes you have to press the button several times before the ball goes anywhere

Can't pass when you get locked into an animation - impossible to string good passes together on hard mode beyond the initial 'down the line'

I think the whole game needs to be slower to give the player the chance to actually string some moves together. Before you know it the AI has smashed into you. No time for tactics.

Only a few problems I've found (X360 patch).

Advantage seems too long for the AI and too short for the player, and advantage should usually end after possession is kicked away (it's really annoying to catch the ball and the ref calls no advantage).

A couple of the kits seem to be missing from international test mode after applying the patch/code.

XBOX360 - Achievement Glitch (Down South)
I have succesfully completed all three warm up tourneys on hard and it did not give me the achievment. Thinking I may have changed the settings accidentally i replayed through all three again, making sure the difficulty was set to hard and still no achievement. I will add that I cleared my system cache before replaying the tour and had auto-save turned off.

Last edited:
Hey guys here is a tip I found very useful-Select a crosskick from a setpeace but don't kick the ball but rather pass the ball to your centres(there will be a huge gap in the defence in midfield).

Hey guys here is a tip I found very useful-Select a crosskick from a setpeace but don't kick the ball but rather pass the ball to your centres(there will be a huge gap in the defence in midfield).

I use to do that on the demo, but since playing on hard with the full game I find the defence manages to cover it off. Although thats with England so teams with faster centres may still be able to exploit this

i cant invite friends to play in custom mode it keeps saying session unavailble ??? help pls

so is the hightackle near opponents 22 leading to a penalty kick at halfway issue being fixed?

It is not really a bug but rather a sad feature. After playing an online game you cannot rematch, there is no leader board to rate yourself, and it throws you back to the main menu :-(

Platform: Xbox 360
Was playing against Samoa as Wales, game kicks off George North catches and in true Samoan fashion :p gets clotheslined by Alesana Tuilagi (or at least the Samoan bloke I renamed to be Alesana) Straight away the red card icon popped up under Samoa's name on the scoreboard when I kicked the ball out, but the cut scene told me Shane Williams had been sent off!
Not a huge glitch, as it was defintely the Samoan no 11 and not Shane that got red carded, just confused and panicked me for a moment :p

issues

Advantage from a knock on results in a 50m advantageWhen going through phases, ball takes too long to come out the ruckWhen tackled, team mates just stand and stare and ball is stolen, that is annoying!Tip tackles are apparently legal now.Penalties when selected to run the ball, by the time you've tapped the ball you're already tackled.When kicking for touch off a penalty viewing angle doesn't rotate, can't see where the ball is going.Ps3 console, no ptach installed (the reason I purchased a ps3 to avoid the inconvenienceOf fixing the developers faults)

Last edited:
Xbox with latest patch.

Quite a few people saying the the advantage for AI is a lot longer than the player but yesterday I had different. Was playing SA vs Georgia and I had advantage from my own 22. I ran to the halfway line where I met the FB and tried to chip him. He caught the ball and I got called back to a scrum back in my 22 after running 30m.

Yesterday I played with my edited Australia team vs. Georgia in the NH tour. and one serious glitch the game has, is my "edited" Quade Cooper actually made a tackle! he didn't hide behind any forwards or swapped places with Ioane or Beale!

i have a PS3. i didn't edit the stats though!!

When you kick into the opponents 22 the fullback most of the time tries to run the ball back,this makes it easy to get into the opponents half and stay there.

Last edited:

Latest posts