• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Glitch / Problem Thread

Had one last night playing online - Opposition made a break, and my fullback would only run backwards
It was like he was tracking back to get onside, but when I took control he'd still only go backwards, and running backwards is like 25% of running speed, so it was an easy try for him - It was as if the strafe button was held down or something

Only happened once though

I was playing with Ireland in the world cup against Australia in the pool stages. I was losing to them as the time on the match approached 80 minutes. Then when time was up I managed to get a try with Tommy Bowe and then won the game as a result. However after the match I went to look at the standings and when I did it said that Australia had played 4 games and won all 4 whereas for Ireland it said that I had played 4 games and won 3. I also checked the fixture list and it clearly said that I had beaten Australia. This resulted in me finishing second in the group.

The late tackle rule isn't there I don't think. I keep getting nailed after I put in grubbers

I was playing against Ireland as Wales, the game reached 80mins and Ire were about to go over for a try and the game suddenly stopped and said I was handling in the ruck then half of the Irish team froze then started running backwards then the game froze.

i was playing world cup mode and i won all my games but on the pool table it said i lost 1 game even though i didnt ...so instead of having 4-0 i had 3-1. :/ . so i ended up second in the pool.

RE : seanoc
exact same happend to me bud

Posted this elsewhere before this thread had been set up:
While playing the demo, I took a quick throw in and the recieving player ran straight into touch by himself and then nothing happened. All of the players lined up on both sides while the clock just kept going. Had to quit the game.
Another thing I noticed while playing the demo was when receiving the kick from the kick off. The forwards would take the ball, a maul would form and the scrum half would join the maul. Then, you couldn't play the ball at all and the opposing team would get the scrum.

ideas for next patch:

*theres still the penalty glitch from the 5m line where it takes it back to the 50.
*when theres a knockon advantage ur way and u take it into touch, the opposition gets a lineout

*the late tackle after a chip n chase kills the moment

*any chance of having an option of turning dangerous tackles off/on so we can use em without getting penalised.

**PLEASE MAKE THE FIJI PLAYERS DARKER** or at least put scrum caps(headgear) on the flankers and second rowers of the unlicensed teams..

Last edited:
-on last game of eastern tour, the game froze trying load match vs Japan

-for me, everytime the opposition tried a cross kick they'd win and score a try. No way of stopping it. (as France Vs NZ on hard) they managed it five times in rwc and left me feeling cheated

-opposition also wins their own kick-off (taken closely) like 95% of the time.

- quick penalties take forever to take, ruining the idea of a quick penalty

-your player slows down to walking pace when taking a grubber kick

Last edited:
-for me, everytime the opposition tried a cross kick they'd win and score a try. No way of stopping it. (as France Vs NZ on hard) they managed it five times in rwc and left me feeling cheated

I found this too. Here's my tip. Position your winger correctly and let the opposition winger take the ball uncontested. Then tackle him when he gets it. Got the oppostion winger into touch a few times doing this.

Please to give some minor sort of editability to this game, please add a hair and skin colour editor to the editor. You only need around 4-5 skin colours and 5 hair colours (blonde, ginger, light brown, dark brown and black). This would also help if people find that they have players that are grossly inaccurate in even the licensed teams.

Besides that the only bug I have had is the when I was pressing on my oppositions line and they were penalised. When it went to the penalty the scrum for me was back at halfway. Sure I had the feed but that was just plain annoying.

Advantage play is very long. Sometimes, from your 22 to the oppositions 22 (without kicking only running the ball)

Played as SA last night vs. Ireland on Medium in a 20 minute match. whenever they did a set move close to my goal area they would use the move where they pass to the outside centre (BOD) and then he'll chipkick into my goal area, and every time D'arcy is coming from the dead ball line backwards diving on the ball scoring the try... he's standing next to Frans Steyn when BOD makes the kick.

Read through that whole thing to make sure this hasn't been posted.

I chose Foden to be subed off but the end of play came when I called a mark with Foden. As he was no longer in the team I couldn't choose to do anything and ended up giving away a free kick for time wasting.

EDIT On Xbox with Patch :)

Last edited:
Is anything actually being done about thee glitches? I just don't understand how the game has so many glitches and mistakes.

I put a perfect chip through yesterday, recovered and play was stopped because i 'knocked it on' which i clearly didn't.

Has the patch automatically been updated on my game? I am connected to Xbox Live

Just had the game crash on me. Playing Full World Cup mode and I was playing as NZ and was playing the opening game vs Tonga on Hard 10 Min Halves. I made 3 Subs in the second half all fine. Then 5 min later I made another 3 subs and game shows the subs then hangs on when showing the crowd and the subs occuring. What the hell is up with this ? There seems to be a lot of isssues around making substitutions in this game. HB can you please address the issue and fix. I hope you guys aren't going to abandon the game now that it's been released. Granted you made one patch on release day .. but given I've not heard anything from you guys regarding all the issues that are popping up I get the sinking feeling that Sweet FA will be done about any more patches. I hope this isn't the case. Poor testing by you guys.

EDIT: It's happened again ... second game aginst Japan ... this is becoming unplayable ... I think I have sussed out what the problem is. everytime you have a knock on for a scrum and if you have to substitute a player be it tactical or for injury the game hangs and just keeps showing the crowd in the stadium. HB you guys are a bunch of clowns ... lazy programming!!!

Last edited:
The dangerous tackle glitch is by far the most annoying one of them all, I go to tackle a player just a second before he gets the ball and then it gives a penalty away, its crap tbf.And the most annoying thing is if you did it at their 22 , they get the penalty at Half way! HB Studios im really disappointed.

half time in the world cup final and im winning with fiji 12 - NZ 0 on hard...then it shows the end of the game clip with my fiji team celebrating. What was even more weird was that i earned the accomplishment Brick Wall. I pressed A then it went to the kickoff but i didnt kick..it just let me run to the try line, also time wasnt even running..then the ball went out everyone grouped around staring at eachother.

when's the next patch coming out?

I am seriously getting ****** off with the lag!!!! Its almost impossible to play the game properly with it!! There is no enjoyment with it.

mine randomly froze twice today.

once after a scrum, turned it back on....then froze when Bradley Davies went off injured when i was making a sub!

WTF...there is so much **** wrong with this game. Can't wait for RC

mine randomly froze twice today.

once after a scrum, turned it back on....then froze when Bradley Davies went off injured when i was making a sub!

WTF...there is so much **** wrong with this game. Can't wait for RC

See earlier in the thread ... exact same thing happened to me. Subs when theres a scrum causes the game to throw a wobbly.

Latest posts