• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Hakas

S

ScrumieHippie

New zealands the only haka thats in the game? cause i've played with a few other teams that do hakas and new zealands the only ones that Ive seen so far I could be wrong.

Nah, the Maoris don't, which is stupid because they motion captured, and voiced the Haka for the All Blacks.

I thought that's what happened cos carlos sounds nothin like himself when leading haka. Also have u noticed that if carlos not in starting line up the flyhalf will always lead it. Always sound the same. They should voice each person that may have a chance of leading the haka because of background etc.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 1 2005, 07:24 PM
I thought that's what happened cos carlos sounds nothin like himself when leading haka. Also have u noticed that if carlos not in starting line up the flyhalf will always lead it. Always sound the same. They should voice each person that may have a chance of leading the haka because of background etc.
Frankly that is ridiculous.

Totally ridiculous....jesus.

First of all...the Haka is a Maori Haka - f***ing think about it.

Second - the voice isn't different? What a nitpicking, little....#$@%!

I knew I'd forgotten something. I skip the intro every time and haven't actually seen this haka business yet in the game.

this happens with everybody. And i agree with los lover i am about to go to Rugby 2006 Wishlist to post my disappointment.

why have they chosen carlos ? umaga isn't supposed to lead the haka, most of time ?

I thought that a maori would lead it, given the fact that it is a maori thing isnt it? and spencer doesnt look like someone of maori decendancy.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 2 2005, 03:22 PM
I thought that a maori would lead it, given the fact that it is a maori thing isnt it? and spencer doesnt look like someone of maori decendancy.
I might be wrong, but I think he is a maori, or at least as close as you get these days. He uded to play for the NZ Maori quite a bit.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 3 2005, 02:22 AM
yep, that's also what i thought. woodie answered to it....

Originally posted by woodie+Apr 3 2005, 02:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Apr 3 2005, 02:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-edinburgh_gunner
@Apr 2 2005, 03:22 PM
I might be wrong, but I think he is a maori, or at least as close as you get these days. He uded to play for the NZ Maori quite a bit. [/b]
I don't know if he is a maori...maoris tend to be dark skinned or black like rockococopops or umanga, not white like spencer.

ahh with you now, I always thought that the maoris were dark skinned and whose ancestors were the natives of NZ and the white skinned were descendants of the settlers who came over there.

But, the are aboriginals that look like sttlers in australia. It just means he's got maori roots. Maybe his great-great-great (etc.)grandfather married a settler and children kept marrying settlers until Spencer. I'll tell u that the tell tale sign of a maori is a tattoo. Spencer has a tribal one down his arm.

Latest posts