• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Hakas

S

ScrumieHippie

New zealands the only haka thats in the game? cause i've played with a few other teams that do hakas and new zealands the only ones that Ive seen so far I could be wrong.

K

kaftka

Nah, the Maoris don't, which is stupid because they motion captured, and voiced the Haka for the All Blacks.

M

Mr. Laxative

I thought that's what happened cos carlos sounds nothin like himself when leading haka. Also have u noticed that if carlos not in starting line up the flyhalf will always lead it. Always sound the same. They should voice each person that may have a chance of leading the haka because of background etc.

L

Los Lover

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 1 2005, 07:24 PM
I thought that's what happened cos carlos sounds nothin like himself when leading haka. Also have u noticed that if carlos not in starting line up the flyhalf will always lead it. Always sound the same. They should voice each person that may have a chance of leading the haka because of background etc.
Frankly that is ridiculous.

Totally ridiculous....jesus.

First of all...the Haka is a Maori Haka - f***ing think about it.

Second - the voice isn't different? What a nitpicking, little....#[email protected]%!

W

woodie

I knew I'd forgotten something. I skip the intro every time and haven't actually seen this haka business yet in the game.

M

Mr. Laxative

this happens with everybody. And i agree with los lover i am about to go to Rugby 2006 Wishlist to post my disappointment.

B

beUf

why have they chosen carlos ? umaga isn't supposed to lead the haka, most of time ?

E

edinburgh_gunner

I thought that a maori would lead it, given the fact that it is a maori thing isnt it? and spencer doesnt look like someone of maori decendancy.

W

woodie

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 2 2005, 03:22 PM
I thought that a maori would lead it, given the fact that it is a maori thing isnt it? and spencer doesnt look like someone of maori decendancy.
I might be wrong, but I think he is a maori, or at least as close as you get these days. He uded to play for the NZ Maori quite a bit.

B

beUf

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 3 2005, 02:22 AM
yep, that's also what i thought. woodie answered to it....

E

edinburgh_gunner

Originally posted by woodie+Apr 3 2005, 02:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Apr 3 2005, 02:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-edinburgh_gunner
@Apr 2 2005, 03:22 PM
I might be wrong, but I think he is a maori, or at least as close as you get these days. He uded to play for the NZ Maori quite a bit. [/b]
I don't know if he is a maori...maoris tend to be dark skinned or black like rockococopops or umanga, not white like spencer.

E

edinburgh_gunner

ahh with you now, I always thought that the maoris were dark skinned and whose ancestors were the natives of NZ and the white skinned were descendants of the settlers who came over there.

M

Mr. Laxative

But, the are aboriginals that look like sttlers in australia. It just means he's got maori roots. Maybe his great-great-great (etc.)grandfather married a settler and children kept marrying settlers until Spencer. I'll tell u that the tell tale sign of a maori is a tattoo. Spencer has a tribal one down his arm.