• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The impact a Rugby World Cup has on society

St Mary's kids won't like the new crew, time for a face off!
Welcome to TRF all, should be extra credit to whomever can get the most rep ;)

We're on holidays but I suppose I'm up for a face off whenever.

Take up smoking kids, you wont regret it. And you'll look cool.

The RWC of 2011 didnt affect me much, if it did it was on a positive note. I did enjoy the over all win of the World cup, being a New Zealander. Also socially i was affected, getting with some friends and family to watch the big games. But as a football player the RWC wasn't one of my worries.

New Zealand was impacted hugely from the RWC and which was great but personally i was not interested or excited for our win for the RWC which was amazing but i just over thought it and just carried on with life as i was not effected.

Evening guys,

Thanks to those who have already posted in the forum - especially if you're not from 12PEA!

Just a reminder, if you can't manage to scroll back to the first page, what we're looking for from this forum is:

- how it impacted people personally
- stories of people they know, or their own
- thoughts about it on a larger national or international scale

and...

- what can England expect to gain from hosting the 2015 RWC?
- are there any potential negatives?

You will find answers to all of those questions within the 3 pages this forum has reached.
You will also find some things that have little to no relevance whatsoever.

There's some great information towards your achievement standard work in here, particularly on the first page.

We'll look into it more in our next class, and I look forward to the discussion continuing!

The 2007 WC increased the profile of rugby in France and subsequently the Top 14. Pushing it to non traditional areas and playing it in bigger non rugby stadiums (something which people keep whining about the England 2015 WC) gave it a more glamourous appeal.

Hopefully it will do the same for England and the Premiership after 2015.

On the international stage the 07 WC i think spread the game in Europe. Hopefully 2015 will do the same.

New Zealand was impacted hugely from the RWC and which was great but personally i was not interested or excited for our win for the RWC which was amazing but i just over thought it and just carried on with life as i was not effected.

Hi Cheauxyan, Although you are not a fan of rugby you must still have felt a little proud for your country, the place you call home are world champions at a very important sport throughout the world.

Last edited:
Evening guys,

Thanks to those who have already posted in the forum - especially if you're not from 12PEA!

Just a reminder, if you can't manage to scroll back to the first page, what we're looking for from this forum is:

- how it impacted people personally
- stories of people they know, or their own
- thoughts about it on a larger national or international scale

and...

- what can England expect to gain from hosting the 2015 RWC?
- are there any potential negatives?

You will find answers to all of those questions within the 3 pages this forum has reached.
You will also find some things that have little to no relevance whatsoever.

There's some great information towards your achievement standard work in here, particularly on the first page.

We'll look into it more in our next class, and I look forward to the discussion continuing!

Yeah, do your homework kids or you'll end up like...*insert name here*

Hi everyone,

The Rugby World Cup did not have a large impact on me.

The impact it did have on me was that I watched a couple of games on Television with my family.
The Rugby World Cup did not influence my attitude towards Rugby. I enjoyed watching the games I did.

kia ora
for me the rugby world cup did not really intrest me but yet it was still great to see the all blacks have a win! it impacted our society greatly with winning the world cup but also gaining a huge income from all the visiting tourist

Because of the RWC New Zealand received publicity from around the globe, this forum shows that, as people from different places and countries are responding.

Hey Kauri

i'm sure RWC 2011 did give NZ a lot of publicity due to the fact of them hosting and winning it, but i think NZ AB's already had quite a bit of recognition before the whole
hosting and winning RWC gig lol.

How do you think it gave more publicity?

Kauri Kauri Kauri Kauri!!!!!!

Reply m8 :)

Hello Mr Pineapple

What was your initial attitude towards the Rugby World Cup?

Personally I wasn't really affected, apart from the term lengths for
school because they were changed to accommodate the RWC final.

Hi Cheauxyan, Although you are not a fan of rugby you must still have felt a little proud for your country, the place you call home are world champions at a very important sport throughout the world.
Morning Daneo
i agree with you mate, i think as a society regardless of your thoughts towards the sport, you would still feel a sense of pride as i did.
I also am not a fan of the game, yet as the RWC was on and as my country won i felt pride for being part of the NZ society.

Cheaxyan and Daneo, were you involved with the RWC?
-watching it?
-Supporting on tv?
-or going to any games?

I think involvement creates excitement, what do you feel?
Love a reply guys! Cheers

Last edited:
The rugby world cup held in New zealand affected me because I have been a fanatic of rugby from a very young age because I grew up in a very rugby orientated country.

By purchasing merchandise, going to touristy services (eg. the giant rugby ball and the cloud which was at the port in Auckland) and watching rugby games live I contributed to nz's economy and the businesses who help sponsor these services.

Since I was advantaged by the rugby world cup I am interested to get external insight onto who is advantaged and disadvantaged by the rugby world cup and why???

thanks...

Hey Guys.

The rugby world cup didn't particularly interest me but it did interest people around me.

When the all blacks or other teams they supported were winning the moods were good.

But if a team lost the mood would be dampened.

Both of these moods reflected on how I was feeling.

Latest posts