• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The IRB Player of the Year nominations: Who are we thinking ?

Retallick or Hooper.

They'd prob just give it to McCaw again though.

I hope Ritchie McCaw is far and away the best player in the EOYT completely deserves the award and they give it to BOD for being half decent in the first half of the year. #Just13eforBOD #09wasasham #Tanaout

seconded!

well you can't second that which wasn't ever firsted. Hmmm...isn't that quite profound well no really it isn't at all.

Who, incidentally shares my surname :)

That's good, youth is the future, and is only more moving than it is ephemeral...to bear that as a surname is a blessing of health and prosperity, and I hope you utilize those mystical forces for good and never evil...
and Ben Youngs is the beauty his evil dwarven twin brother never could be. I'm envisioning glorious vistas atm, fantastic designs for a blockbuster movie poster with these two...

He's a playa! Does not qualify...

Would Handre Pollard be up for the nomination?

He played for both the U20 Springboks in the JWC and then made a massive impact when he got called up to the senior side...

Could be a decent bolter, but I don't think he'll make it. Definitely one for the future though, really special player.

In the time frame we're looking at Pollard has played 1 full game. I'd be very surprised if he gets a look in!

I'm going to wait for the EOTY to give my candidates...

I hope Ritchie McCaw is far and away the best player in the EOYT completely deserves the award and they give it to BOD for being half decent in the first half of the year. #Just13eforBOD #09wasasham #Tanaout

This EoYT doesn't count towards the 2014 IRB PotY. Look at last year;s EoYT.

cmac, McCaw is definately in with a shout; has been playing brilliant rugby of late. In that case they should give it to BO'D in any case- sharing with FdP- to make up for 2009! They was robbed!!

That is total crap ! Why only test players ? Matt Giteau and Jonny Wilkinson have been totally monstruous last season (top14 + Hcup) and will not be nominated because they are not in test games ? Wtf ? Tis IRB award is getting like FIFA Ballon d'OR : a bad joke !

Taking on club level as well, how would one go about it and how can you compare say, the Top 14 with the Japanese top league or the Currie cup and why stop there, why not go to schools rugby. The IRB sees test rugby as the pinnacle of the sport and it's hardly an unfair view take.

The difference between rugby and soccer is that in soccer the club is more prestigious than the country. I think most people would back Bayern Munich or Real Madrid to beat a full strength Germany or Argentina (need to do some cloning first). This is especially true in non-world cup years. In rugby the All Blacks would absolutely thrash Toulon if they played in a serious game so I really don't think it is comparable.

The difference between rugby and soccer is that in soccer the club is more prestigious than the country. I think most people would back Bayern Munich or Real Madrid to beat a full strength Germany or Argentina (need to do some cloning first). This is especially true in non-world cup years. In rugby the All Blacks would absolutely thrash Toulon if they played in a serious game so I really don't think it is comparable.

I want to see it! We need more mid-weeks (though that of course is not a 'serious' match).

I am going off topic now, soz.

Not too sure the ABs would trash Toulon. They would probably win but not that high. Remember that Toulon plays every week toghether. That makes a huge difference. Not too sure Germany or Argentina could beat Real Madrid or Barcelona !

Soccer used to be like rugby, but it is over since 2009 when they changed the Ballon d'Or criterias, to make it stupid now.

Latest posts