• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The IRB Player of the Year nominations: Who are we thinking ?

Taking on club level as well, how would one go about it and how can you compare say, the Top 14 with the Japanese top league or the Currie cup and why stop there, why not go to schools rugby. The IRB sees test rugby as the pinnacle of the sport and it's hardly an unfair view take.

Well it is not a matter of national championship ! Of course the top 14 or Japanese league could not be compared to Currie cup, but Hcup could be to Super XV ! And the Hcup best player and Super XV best player deserve to be nominated in the IRB awards. They are the 2 major international club competition with only high level teams after all !!!

Not too sure the ABs would trash Toulon. They would probably win but not that high. Remember that Toulon plays every week toghether. That makes a huge difference.

I was thinking about that during the 2013 season about Clermont. I thought maybe they had a chance of beating the AB, I know they "choked" on both fronts but they were really quite something that season...Toulon this year at home in Mayol on top form could most definitely give the AB a scare, no doubt. Perhaps more.

Anyways, can't believe I forgot Ben Smith !!

Latest posts