• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Italian National Team Thread

Italy U20 played very well,instead of the "A" selection...It os maybe the strongest Italian second selection ever made but they didn't play well...Anyway I hope to see Orquera in the First National Team.He is a really good Fly Half,even if I prefer Marcato...
[/b]

I don't like Orquera very well :bleh!: I prefer Marcato
Italy U20 played very well against Scotland and in all this 6 nations, there a lot of interesting player for the future of our team, Bocchino be able to a good fly half in a future and player as Chiesa is now better than the actual Canale :wall:

Casale sul Sile, 19 marzo 2008
Europei U18, semifinale
ITALIA â€" FRANCIA 15-22 (6-7)
Italia: Trevisan; Rodwell (11’ st. Zorzi), Ricciardi, Benvenuti, Venditti; Benettin (35’ st. Zanet), Chillon; Cicchinelli, Belardo (8’ st. Scanferla), Ferrarini; Santelli (33’ st. Stinchelli), Cazzola (8’ st. Ciochina); Denti, Manici, Zamparo (27’ st. Corradi)
Francia: Sicari; Lagain, Petre, Barthelemy, Sinzelle; Godrand (8’ st. Bosch), Bales; Gourdon, Roulin, Molcard; Taufifenua, Gay (8’ st. Chiocci); Lamache (22’ st. Guidicelli), Parquet, Boussetta (22’ st. Revol)
Arbitro: Ramage (Inghilterra)
Marcatori: p.t. 18’ m.Boussetta tr. Barthelemy (0-7); 21’ cp. Benvenuti (3-7); 35’ cp. Benvenuti (6-7); s.t. 2’ cp. Benvenuti (9-7); 4’ drop Godrand (9-10); 10’ cp. Benvenuti (12-10); 21’ cp. Benvenuti (15-10); 32’ m. Petre tr. Barthelemy (15-17); 37’ m. Bosch (15-22)

I don't like Orquera very well :bleh!: I prefer Marcato
[/b]

Orquera is a great FH.Believe me. :D

Italy U20 played very well against Scotland and in all this 6 nations, there a lot of interesting player for the future of our team, Bocchino be able to a good fly half in a future and player as Chiesa is now better than the actual Canale :wall:
[/b]

:cryy: :cryy: :cryy: :cryy: :cryy:

ma cè qualkuno che parla italiano???
non riesco ad entrare nella sezione per scaricare i modsper rugby08...
ma è vero che devo rispondere a 10 post prima???

ma cè qualkuno che parla italiano???
non riesco ad entrare nella sezione per scaricare i modsper rugby08...
ma è vero che devo rispondere a 10 post prima???
[/b]

Parliamo si italiano,ma qui c'è l'obbligo di parlare inglese,essendo un forum internazionale. :)

November test matches:
08/11 - Italia-Australia @ Padova (Stadio Euganeo)
15/11 - Italia-Argentina @ Torino (Stadio Olimpico)
22/11 - Italia-Pacific Islanders @ TBC

I can't miss them!!

<div class='quotemain'>
15/11 - Italia-Argentina @ Torino(Stadio Olimpico)
[/b]

Why don't do it in Genoa again? <_<
[/b][/quote]
I agree, Luigi Ferraris (Marassi) is the most "rugby looking" stadium we have in Italy.
And it's also the most british field to play a soccer game, considering the poor ones we built here.

Bye to all the italian rugby fans :cheers:

I agree, Luigi Ferraris (Marassi) is the most "rugby looking" stadium we have in Italy.
And it's also the most british field to play a soccer game, considering the poor ones we built here.
[/b]

And I'm also Genoese! :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotemain'>
15/11 - Italia-Argentina @ Torino(Stadio Olimpico)
[/b]

Why don't do it in Genoa again? <_<
[/b][/quote]

Because here in Italy we have to improve Rugby's consideration and success.
So we have to try new stadiums around our nation...

In my opinion Luigi Ferraris is the best stadium in Italy for a rugby match. :cheers:

Because here in Italy we have to improve Rugby's consideration and success.
So we have to try new stadiums around our nation...

In my opinion Luigi Ferraris is the best stadium in Italy for a rugby match. :cheers:
[/b]

That's right,but there are only 150 km between Genoa and Turin!The Federation should have chosen other cities as Naples or Milan,where rugby isn't much considered...

But on the other hand Rugby have a much greater foothold in northern italy (by the way i'm from Biella...and will surely be in Turin that day :D )...i don't think it's a good idea to "over extend" the goals of italian rugby. I think we must consolidate the presence of it where there is a fertile soil for it.

What's your opinion about Riccardo Pavan? I've known him since we were kids, he and his twin brother Gilberto (they both play with Overmach Parma) always had a great passion for the game, and now he's doing great plays in the Super 10.. In my opinion he has a bright future with the National team!

Pavan is playing quite well this super 10 season but if he wants to improve his rugby he needs to play more high level games.

The problem is there is not multiphase game in Italy that's why our players are not used to stay in the game in 6N. Super 10 level is poor compared to other european competitions.

Overmach Parma will not give him the chance to become a player of international level, they don't even play HC.
Maybe they will play in Challenge Cup next year and this would help him and help other youngsters of the squad to improve their skills facing premiership and top 14 club in the european competition.

In my opinion the young talented players (like Pavan, Sgarbi, Patrizio, Marcato, Pratichetti, Zanni, Reato and Cittadini) should leave Italy and go over the Alps playing for english premiership, magners league and top 14 clubs.

Maybe the "Celtic solution" of creating two or three italian selections for the magners league would help our youngsters to improve.

Yep... I agree with you, our youngsters need to face harder challenges to become great players...

Pavan is playing quite well this super 10 season but if he wants to improve his rugby he needs to play more high level games.

The problem is there is not multiphase game in Italy that's why our players are not used to stay in the game in 6N. Super 10 level is poor compared to other european competitions.

Overmach Parma will not give him the chance to become a player of international level, they don't even play HC.
Maybe they will play in Challenge Cup next year and this would help him and help other youngsters of the squad to improve their skills facing premiership and top 14 club in the european competition.

In my opinion the young talented players (like Pavan, Sgarbi, Patrizio, Marcato, Pratichetti, Zanni, Reato and Cittadini) should leave Italy and go over the Alps playing for english premiership, magners league and top 14 clubs.

Maybe the "Celtic solution" of creating two or three italian selections for the magners league would help our youngsters to improve.
[/b]

I totally agree with you. :cheers:

Rugby keeps growing day after day, and the italian passion does the same as well.

Italians love Football and many people who love the sports in general they do love other sports too like basket ball and volley ball.

This is a top 5 italian sports popularity chart:

1 Football
2 Basket ball
3 Volley ball
4 Cycling
5 Rugby

but

Italians also love winter sports and motor sports like Formula 1 and Moto Gp but they are only big fans and of course not many of those play these sports....

as I wrote before Rugby is becoming very popular, the italian olympic committee predicts that it will be at third place in few years...

In Football we're WC, in Basket we're one of the best team of Europe (with Spain Greece France Germany Croatia Serbia Russia and Lithuania), the same in Volley....beacuse italians love winning teams or players...

If the Azzurri will acheive some great victory instead of good losing performance, Rugby will become a very popular and loved sport.

I'm totally agree with camberabero: in Italy rugby is growing day by day, above all between the new generation of players; there are a lot of kids who decided to play rugby instead of footbal or other sport.
For example, two years ago the CRL( comitato rugby lombardia- Lombardy rugby committee) organised 35- 40 rugby match for week end; in 2007-2008 Season, the CRL had to organise an average of 55-60 matches each saturday.
I think that rugby has got an incredible opportunity to grow up in italy, is a duty of people who loves this sport to keep it growing day by day, year by year!

bye

Latest posts