• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The joke that is the BBC rugby website

F

feicarsinn

rant on/

So I went to have a look on the old bbc site to day to see what the haps was in the wonderful world of pro and amateur in our fair island. Well it looks like the Irish rugby Union page on caters to the Northern part of our land with the top story, all 3 video things, the 606 debate, 6 of the storys along the side and the feature and comment bit all being devoted to Ulster( as well as Ballinahinch getting an article). Truely representitive I say!

\rant off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 2 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
rant on/

So I went to have a look on the old bbc site to day to see what the haps was in the wonderful world of pro and amateur in our fair island. Well it looks like the Irish rugby Union page on caters to the Northern part of our land with the top story, all 3 video things, the 606 debate, 6 of the storys along the side and the feature and comment bit all being devoted to Ulster( as well as Ballinahinch getting an article). Truely representitive I say!

\rant off.[/b]

Well the clue's in the ***le. BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation.

You lot decided you didn't want to be British some time ago. Maybe you wouldn't have been so rash if you'd known you'd get missed out of the Rugby website's coverage...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 2 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 2 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rant on/

\rant off.[/b]

You lot decided you didn't want to be British some time ago. Maybe you wouldn't have been so rash if you'd known you'd get missed out of the Rugby website's coverage...
[/b][/quote]

He's right you know

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 2 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 2 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rant on/

\rant off.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

shame that Dev didn't have that foresight!

Sorry, have to stop laughing here. Wait. Give me a moment. Oh god...

...just a moment...hee hee hee...

...oh god, okay, okay I'm ready now. Sorry about that.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with any bias towards Ulster or Northern Ireland or any draconian evil British/English meddling. Nothing. Absolutely nil. You even mention anything related to Anglo-Irish history, wars, etc to a BBC <strike>man</strike> person and they'll stare at you for a verrrrrry long time like Peter Griffin or Homer Simpson* before saying "er.....I like Guinness? Oh! And I think Dara Ã" Briain is very funny!" They honestly haven't a clue. I've seen trailer trash in Idaho with more situational awareness and less ignorance than your average, PC'ed up to the gils BBC person.

So when they design a website for a sport they barely know even exists (because watching the "beautiful game" is a must for any respectable BBC person, yay, hurrah North-East Ham United City Athletic) and they get asked to do a section for "Irish" rugby they have a bit of a think, perhaps search for "Northern Ireland Rugby" and find "Ulster Rugby", go "wow! I never knew Ulster existed!" And then just cater for them.

Imagine the shock when they get told about a team called "Connaught"! F**k, well that changes everything.

* i.e. like so:

HomerSimpson9.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 2 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry, have to stop laughing here. Wait. Give me a moment. Oh god...

...just a moment...hee hee hee...

...oh god, okay, okay I'm ready now. Sorry about that.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with any bias towards Ulster or Northern Ireland or any draconian evil British/English meddling. Nothing. Absolutely nil. You even mention anything related to Anglo-Irish history, wars, etc to a BBC <strike>man</strike> person and they'll stare at you for a verrrrrry long time like Peter Griffin or Homer Simpson* before saying "er.....I like Guinness? Oh! And I think Dara Ã" Briain is very funny!" They honestly haven't a clue. I've seen trailer trash in Idaho with more situational awareness and less ignorance than your average, PC'ed up to the gils BBC person.

So when they design a website for a sport they barely know even exists (because watching the "beautiful game" is a must for any respectable BBC person, yay, hurrah North-East Ham United City Athletic) and they get asked to do a section for "Irish" rugby they have a bit of a think, perhaps search for "Northern Ireland Rugby" and find "Ulster Rugby", go "wow! I never knew Ulster existed!" And then just cater for them.

Imagine the shock when they get told about a team called "Connaught"! F**k, well that changes everything.

* i.e. like so:

HomerSimpson9.gif
[/b]

Isn't that the same look Irish Rugby give when you mention Connacht?

Its definitely the same look Munster fans give me when I ask why they're all wearing Leinster jerseys this season...

Funny thread. I've tried to respond twice now and cant.
So my response is just to say that I cant respond. Its funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 2 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Funny thread. I've tried to respond twice now and cant.[/b]

Well, thats because I'm watching you and every time you try and reply, I lock the thread.

Its law in the UK that every Englishman must commit at least two acts of evil a week against an Irishman . Sorry man, just filling my quota or I'll get fined twenty shillings. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 2 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 2 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny thread. I've tried to respond twice now and cant.[/b]

Well, thats because I'm watching you and every time you try and reply, I lock the thread.

Its law in the UK that every Englishman must commit at least two acts of evil a week against an Irishman . Sorry man, just filling my quota or I'll get fined twenty shillings. :(
[/b][/quote]

Do you get a bonus for going beyond the quota?

Yes, I get a King James I & Cecil Rhodes "highland clearance & Boer Concentration Camp" medal of acheivement! ^_^

If I try really hard enough, I get to tie a Chav to a cannon and blow him apart Mughal style!

EDIT: THIS IS ALL A BIG JOKE BY THE WAY, NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! I'M JUST PANDERING TO THE EVIL ENGLISHMAN STEREOTYPE WHEN ACTUALLY WE'RE ALL UNEDUCATED IGNORANT BERKS!

Latest posts