• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Masters

Statement from Tournament Headquarters
Yesterday afternoon, the Rules Committee was made aware of a possible Rules violation that involved a drop by Tiger Woods at the 15th hole.
In preparation for his fifth shot, the player dropped his ball in close proximity to where he had played his third shot in apparent conformance with Rule 26. After being prompted by a television viewer, the Rules Committee reviewed a video of the shot while he was playing the 18th hole. At that moment and based on that evidence, the Committee determined he had complied with the Rules.
After he signed his scorecard, and in a television interview subsequent to the round, the player stated that he played further from the point than where he had played his third shot. Such action would constitute playing from the wrong place.
The subsequent information provided by the player's interview after he had completed play warranted further review and discussion with him this morning. After meeting with the player, it was determined that he had violated Rule 26, and he was assessed a two-stroke penalty. The penalty of disqualification was waived by the Committee under Rule 33 as the Committee had previously reviewed the information and made its initial determination prior to the finish of the player's round.
Fred Ridley
Chairman, Competition Committees

Woods, shot himself in the foot then. Wonder if that will cost him a green jacket?

Well, its not the first time Woods has put his balls in the wrong place.

To be honest, I feel he should of been disqualified... its happened to others before including myself in a competition

To be honest, I feel he should of been disqualified... its happened to others before including myself in a competition

As you will see from an earlier post, I am no fan of Woods but it was the right decision as it was "investigated" by the stewards before he signed his card. Had this "investigation" not happened and then he had been found to be at fault he would have been disqualified so, really, it was a good thing that this "investigation" had been carried out! God bless timely "investigations"......................

Anyone watching this?

Is it me or is it a bit flat this year?..................hopefully it will pick up a bit now they are reaching the last nine on Sunday!!

It would appear that you are not allowed to bring your own umbrella to the Masters now as they all look uncannily the same!!

Cabrera going into the 18th as Joint leader...

Unless something happens Day looks like he has finished in 3rd... between Scott and Cabrera now...

Scotts just nailed a fantastic putt on the 18th... 9 under, with Cabrera still to finish on the 18th... Cabrera needs a Birdie or Eagle...

What a shot by Angel!

Last edited:
Adam Scott, you little ripper!!!

....and who's his caddie, aye?

Latest posts