• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Movie news, rather than seen, but...

Kit Harrington cast into the MCU, strongly rumoured as Wolverine (hah!), even though we've been told they won't reboot the X-Men particularly soon... Which leaves Deadpool 3 as the obvious place for him...

I'm imagining someone kidnapping Hugh Jackman (the Broadway actor), thinking that he's wolverine, Wade teams up with Harrington's wolverine to rescue the damselled Hugh Jackman.

Wade and villain are utterly confused, no-one else knows why. References to Origins. Hilarity ensues.

Movie news, rather than seen, but...

Kit Harrington cast into the MCU, strongly rumoured as Wolverine (hah!), even though we've been told they won't reboot the X-Men particularly soon... Which leaves Deadpool 3 as the obvious place for him...

I'm imagining someone kidnapping Hugh Jackman (the Broadway actor), thinking that he's wolverine, Wade teams up with Harrington's wolverine to rescue the damselled Hugh Jackman.

Wade and villain are utterly confused, no-one else knows why. References to Origins. Hilarity ensues.

I've also heard he could be Black Knight... I won't be happy unless this guy gets the Logan role:

upload_2019-8-24_18-2-20.png

Top advice to be fair, although a crap day at the cinema with kids is still more rewarding than a good day doing **** all without kids

Fair enough, it's too late for me now but even if it wasn't I'm not sure I would.

...Joker looks like it could be a good movie...just dont see how batman could fit into it in follow up movies....and the Joker without batman?....i dont know

To all the guys talking Gangster movies a week or so ago, I forgot an absolute classic... if you haven't seen Millers Crossing do yourself a favour and create a couple or hours window in your day for it.

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday, and watching Rocketman today.

Saw IT 2 with BG8 yesterday. Thought it was complete gash honestly. The artifact seeking part bored the pants off me and the ending just tired me out. I enjoyed the first one and love horror, but this one just felt wrong for the big screen. The scares were easier to predict than a pass from Dan Biggar, and the adult cast didn't have much on the kids (Richie aside) I felt. It had its moments but it did not need to be nearly that long

Last edited:
Saw IT 2 with BG8 yesterday. Thought it was complete gash honestly. The artifact seeking part bored the pants off me and the ending just tired me out. I enjoyed the first one and love horror, but this one just felt wrong for the big screen. The scares were easier to predict than a pass from Dan Biggar, and the adult cast didn't have much on the kids (Richie aside) I felt. It had its moments but it did not need to be nearly that long
I'm gonna **** you up.

That said the book has been my favourite book since I first read it 15+ years ago, so any vaguely faithful adaptation was gonna be a big win for me.

I didn't mind the adult actors but think McAvoy was a poor choice - the child actor of Bill was tall/lanky and McAvoy is a manlet

Last edited: