• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Surprised at that. Would have thought that was the prime market ie to bring it to new generation.
Yeah I'm surprised too most of my friends are massive nerds the D&D movie everyone went on about but no one is talking about Mario. Which suggests to me if any have seen it they're on the don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say element.

Speed Racer (2008). I re-watch this every couple of years with the kids and absolutely love every second of it.

The final race sequence, especially the last few minutes after he re-starts his car is close to perfection. Few sequences in film get me so emotional as Speed finally discovers his true potential. Inspirational clips from earlier in the film run through his head, the commentators squeel in adoration, and the whole sequence builds to a huge crecsendo.

Rating aren't great on IMDB or Rotten Tomatos, but I feel like many are missing the whole point of the film. It's an absolute over the top, light hearted blast. I don't think there are many better family flicks out there!

Nobody. Saul Goodman in a John Wick, Equaliser, Jack Reacher type justice film involving Russian Mafia. Not bad if you like this kind of genre.

Nobody. Saul Goodman in a John Wick, Equaliser, Jack Reacher type justice film involving Russian Mafia. Not bad if you like this kind of genre.
Just watched this too

Like you said: solid enough
In a world where almost 3hrs for a movie is pretty standard, sometimes a 90min action film hits the spot

Blade runner 2049. I should really watch the original.
watch the sequel with watching the original...? now you'll have to living with the special effects being very dated...style very similar, always said you could believe they were made back to back if not for the improved special effects

watch the sequel with watching the original...? now you'll have to living with the special effects being very dated...style very similar, always said you could believe they were made back to back if not for the improved special effects
Yeh will do when I can find the original. I think the storyline in the sequel would make more sense.

The King, on Netflix

A take on Shakespeare's fictionalised version of Henry V

Enjoyed it a lot, and it has a great cast - wasn't sure what I'd think of Timothee Chalamet as Henry but he was very good

The Knight on Knight fighting was really well shot, not sure I've seen it feel as real as that - looked and sounded heavy, very unglamorous

I don't really remember hearing anything about it when it first came out - feel like it deserved a full cinema release instead of being a Netflix original

Have you seen last duel?
watched that not long ago, read the book last year when i saw the film come out....both were hard work, fight scenes seems very real to an untrained eye (maybe to a trained one too)...but i dont think i considered either "enjoyable"

Amazing to think this thread has been going since 2008, it's nearly half as old as I am...

I just saw a movie called INSIDE starring Willem DaFoe. It's about a high rise art thief who gets locked inside a high security apartment building he was trying to rob. And he loses his mind after he runs out of food. The script drags on in parts, but DaFoe's performance kept me interested. I'll give it a 7 on a scale of 10. 👍

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Air - on the story of how Nike signed up Michael Jordan and both made an absolute fortune.

Not bad if you're interested in the story. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Jason Bateman.

The Menu is well worth a watch
Recently watched it. Weird film,to be honest
How did you understand it? What is the point of this movie?
I got an allusion to the consumer society and the "pretentiousness" of elites but..is there something besides it? Not sure I understood everything. The partner liked it a lot, while I was like "what did I watch?" :rolleyes: 🧐

Latest posts