• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Just watched Star Trek Beyond. Loved it, it felt like a big budget episode from any of the series past. The setup, the problem, the solution and the solution in action. Very structured but in doing that it never got lost in what was happening next.

Best one of the modern series of films by far

Just watched Star Trek Beyond. Loved it, it felt like a big budget episode from any of the series past. The setup, the problem, the solution and the solution in action. Very structured but in doing that it never got lost in what was happening next.

Best one of the modern series of films by far
As a massive Trekkie I respectfully but utterly disagree in fact by the time the Beastie Boys was played for a second time I just kept hoping for my Star Trek back. Actually one of the most annoying aspects was there was a really interesting Star Trek film in there that they completely chucked aside in the name of action and superficial nonsence. I tried watching it a second time recently and just found it utter drivel still.

Its kind of the point to me, these aren't the Trek films of old. A good thing because most weren't actually that good. I'd take Beastie Boys (itself being a nod to the 2009 Film) over those feckin' whales in whichever one it was.

Bad Santa 2. Its crude and not very intellectual but its a good laugh and continues on from the first film. Billy Bob Thornton is brilliant as the down and out drunk who is in a constant battle with himself to do good instead of evil. If you want a good laugh and want to switch off the brain, this is worth watching.

Hell or high water. I really enjoyed this. 2 brothers go on a bank robbing spree to recover the money they feel the banks stole from them. They're chased by a detective played by Jeff Bridges, who is excellent as always. Its a slow paced film set in Texas and it manages to squeeze in some funny moments and some action. The acting is very good and the ending isn't as predictable as similar type film.

Watched Jason Bourne. Proper Bourne movie. Nothing much differing from the previous ones (with Damon). Also a wonderful advertisement for wearing crash helmets on motorcycles. (If you've seen it, you should remember the scene and sound)

Suicide squad - I think they've forgotten that movies are supposed to be entertaining. So glad I didn't hand over any money for that dreck.

Not seen the latest trailer but mightily looking forward to it, I mean I'm sold at Christopher Nolan but I can imagine it will something special.

Saw The Judge last night, have wanted to watch it for a while. Good film, nice to see Robert Downey Jr in a more serious role

Looks good. See Christopher Nolan directed this. He's included two of his favourites in Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. Surprised Michael Caine isn't in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts