• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Good to see it mess up I can't stand the Oscars, it's one big circle jerk for the movie industry and people still somehow put there insecurities into it on social media.

Majority of films that get nominated are pretty meh a lot of the times.

Literally the most annoying event in the movie industry, that is taken way to seriously by a lot of people.

Watched Fantastic Beasts last night.
Enjoyable and not terribly deep - much as expected; felt very much like one long prologue - which it kinda is I guess.
Why Jonny Depp? that's a horrible piece of casting.

I'm glad it happened to La La Land maybe they know how I felt after the ending for that film. If there was ever a case of an ending ruining a perfectly good film it would be that. I went to see it because I thought I'd enjoy a light hearted musical sadly it wasn't that despite being sold that way.

The oscars wind me up as well and gave up on them years ago a few times genuinely good films get by but some are completely overlooked for either not being mainstream enough or too mainstream.

I do however want to watch Moonlight mainly because I find Mahershala Ali very watchable.

After the fuss the African American Actors kicked up last year for not getting nominated, not surprised that the Academy felt compelled to give it to Moonlight this year to make up for it. Still, not saying it didn't deserve it on merit as haven't seen either La La Land or Moonlight yet, but going by what people have said about the former wasn't that great a film. Politics does play a part in the voting of winners.

Last edited:
Just watched Inferno - of the 3 Dan Brown books-to-films its the best film of my least favourite book

The shallows

Despite the initial disappointment of it not being Blake Lively in the Swollows, it was a fun film the last 10 minutes annoyed with the poor CGI and being way too ambiguous for what it needed to be.

Just watched "Fittest on Earth", a documentary about the 2015 crossfit games.
Not a fan of crossfit at all but it was pretty interesting, and the women in it (especially the Icelandic ones) are unreal.

Just watched "Fittest on Earth", a documentary about the 2015 crossfit games.
Not a fan of crossfit at all but it was pretty interesting, and the women in it (especially the Icelandic ones) are unreal.

On netflix is it? Not a fan myself but they are extremely fit and I respect anyone doing crossfit

Oh crap. These kid actors need to apologise to everyone when they reach the age they can watch this movie.
27yrs after the original one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh crap. These kid actors need to apologise to everyone when they reach the age they can watch this movie.
27yrs after the original one.

The original was a classic. 1 of my favourites

Last edited by a moderator:
The original was a classic. 1 of my favourites

The book is, in my opinion, his best. The fact they've made sure this is released 27yrs after the original is the ultimate compliment to it.
How can you outdo the original Pennywise?
Easy - target the parents who watched the original one.
Eek!

It is one of my favourite books, I really really can't wait for September

Pretty funny they got Finn Wolfhard to play Richie, because the first thing I said after watching Stranger Things was I got a big "It" vibe from the kids

Latest posts