• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Nate, we've had this talk before mate, you really have to stop using pictures of me without consent! :p

I just saw Inglorious Basterds too, and while the film did have some hilarious moments ("Bonjourno!") I've gotta agree with Jericho! Just too long! 5/10

kickass3_gallery_primary.jpg

Kickass. Pretty damn awesome. 8/10.

Cairns-WebWide-CP18SEP08P999-FF259311-TIMEOUTSE.JPG

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Obnoxious and unfunny, though Aaron Johnson makes up for it. :rolleyes:

stealth_front_cover.jpg

Stealth- A typical blokes film. Fast planes, lost of guns and explosions and Jessica Biel in a bikini. Don't watch it for quality of acting or plots, it's not that sort of film.

EDIT- Oh look, 1000 posts.

Clash of the ***ans - Would have worked better as a Trilogy. Felt rushed. Think all 3 Lord of the Rings films crammed into 2 hours. Still, i enjoyed it. 7/10

Kickass - Slow start, awesome second half. 8/10

Tooth Fairy - Rubbish. 4/10

Iron Man 2 - Should be renamed Tony Stark 2. Not as good as the first. 6/10

Where the Wild things are - 2 hours of a kid you want to constantly punch in the face. Way too imaginary for me, and ultimately has no point. 3/10

Suspicion%20Cary%20Grant%20Joan%20Fontaine%20Hitchcock%20pic%201.jpg

Suspicion. Good Hitchcock that has a clever sense of humour and a lot of drama. Fontaine and Grant are great, and the only short-coming of it is its cop-out ending. 9/10

blood_simple.jpg

Blood Simple. The first Coens' picture. It's a shame that the picture for the British version of this is so grainy and ****, because its an excellent movie. Very tense and very well shot. 9/10.

Rope:
Felt like a geek for noticing the extremely long shots and the smooth transitions from one shot to the other, until I heard that was the whole idea of the thing. Didn't feel Jimmy Stewart was at his most convincing in this one, but the film overall is quite good.

Marnie:
Must be the seventh time I saw it, despite the sometimes poor acting (overacting much? Then again, she's deranged so it sort of makes sense) this remains my favourite hitchcock so far. Can't get a hold of the book, would love to read it some day.

Kick-Ass:
Not sure it was what the makers had in mind but I laughed my arse off, found parts of it hilarious. Wouldn't mind seeing it a few more times, so a good film in my opinion.

V for Vendetta:
Seen once more for nostalgic reasons, I never get bored with it.

Re-watched Fritz Lang's Metropolis yesterday for my exam today, but since I already watched it before and I didn't want to 'waste' too much time and simply get the narrative in my head once more, I set the speed to *3. It was hilarious, sounded like a merry-go-round that's about to explode.

Never had much patience with silent films :s

Can't seem to properly add an image. Meh.

Attachments

• metropolis..jpg
    metropolis..jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2
Watched "The Road" last night.

Not a film to "enjoy" as such, such a horrible post-apocalyptic story brilliantly portrayed. Really was surprised and it got me thinking about it for several hours until it'd finished. Interestingly, the reason for the apocalypse is never explained and that to a certain extent makes you even more anxious as a viewer as to "why is this happening?"

Excellent movie.

I just remembered i bought the book of that!
Completely forgot about it, will have to give that a read

Toy Story 3, I loved it as much as the first one. The film had a darker tone to it, which I liked. I only wish there were more scenes with Timothy Dalton and Kristen Schaal's characters.

9.5/10

Toy Story 3, I loved it as much as the first one. The film had a darker tone to it, which I liked. I only wish there were more scenes with Timothy Dalton and Kristen Schaal's characters.

9.5/10

Meaning you didn't enjoy the second one?
Still haven't seen Toy Story 2, planning to see it before I head for the theatre to see the third installment.

Saw Stardust the other night, looking for some light entertainment, first time I noticed that the swordfight is synchronized to match the music, quite impressive. As with all things, the book has more to it, but it's certainly one of the better adaptations I've seen so far. Only thing I don't get is why they had to make De Niro's character such a spectacle.

Hatchi

http://www.imdb.com/***le/tt1028532/

It was a very touching movie that may or may not have made me tear up a little. :p

I watched invictus last night.
I thought it was pretty good and matt damon was actually surprinsgly rather good at playing Francois Pienaar. Morgan Freeman of course was all class as Mandela. the only real downside is that some of the lookalikes they got in to be the all blacks etc weren't that great. overall though it's a pretty good movie and I would highly recommend to everyone on this board that hasn't seen it yet.

2012 - Amazing visuals, but that's it. Load of crap. 3/10.

Predator - Good film. Effects pretty dated now, and what was an 18 in 1987 would probably be a 12A now. 7/10.

Timecrimes - Spanish language time-travelling thriller. Still don't really know what it's ultimate purpose was, but it was intriguing and cleverly made. 7/10.

I watched "The Lovely Bones" over the weekend. Very hood movie! Recommended for everyone who has 3 hours to spare

Latest posts