• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I cannot wait to watch 127 Hours and also TRON, although in Aber they will take years to come :lol:

Prince of Persia :)

there was everything to love: my (historical) favorite Empire of Persia, Asia as a whole, Mountains of Hindukush :) but still too Hollywood movie with dialogs looking much alike the modern ones- questioning Strike on Iraq and missing Weapon of mass destruction :D

Hangover, with the actor that plays Face in the A-team.
Good movie to cope a hangover. :)

127 hours...Brilliant piece of cinema ..went to see it with the lads...pretty gruesome at parts but definitely worth the watch.

Salt

I just watched Salt last night for the first time. I hate Angelina Jolie as an action star but surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. The storyline and how it all comes together was pretty good.

Tomorrow: When the War Began.

Those avid readers out there might recognise John Marsden's work - not a bad film, Aussie made but not sure if it's been released internationally yet!

the taking of pelham 123 last night, really enjoyed it great performances by travolta and denzel

Took the Girlfriend to "Black Swan" on a recommendation as it's "a good thriller".

What I thought really that it was a poor mans Fight club aimed at girls. And even the girlfriend didn't like it.

Still, at least Natalie Portman does some excellent lezzing out during the course! :lol:

The Other Guys ... FANTASTIC!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Paul yesterday. So funny. Pegg and frost are Geniuses and Seth rogan is brilliant as the alien. 9/10 personally, although the snobby 'critics' slated. Definatly reccomend.
Big fan of seth rogan, and seeing this has made me re watch some of his great films. Just finished Superbad, which i love, as it reminds me of a typical weekend with the lads on the quest for booze and babes.

Saw Paul yesterday. So funny. Pegg and frost are Geniuses and Seth rogan is brilliant as the alien. 9/10 personally, although the snobby 'critics' slated. Definatly reccomend.
Big fan of seth rogan, and seeing this has made me re watch some of his great films. Just finished Superbad, which i love, as it reminds me of a typical weekend with the lads on the quest for booze and babes.

Its the worst film Pegg amd Frost have done, but thats like saying Maserati are the worst maker of Italian supercars. I loved it, the key with all three films is theyre all funny in different ways, its jokes differ from Fuzz and Shaun. Deffo one to see

Phone Booth

Excellent movie, very suspenseful,

I'm literally watching that right now...

Liking it so far

In the Police forensics department "You know what they call it when they do that? It's called a Soup Kitchen!". Then the note that says, "Thanks for the F-Shack!".

Then later on.

"Heeey! Are you Dirty Mike & The Boys?"

(Then Mike says what he says, followed by): "It's gonna be a nice evening".

Just watched Due Date,
I expected it to be a poor ripoff of Planes, Trains & Automobiles,
While it is a ripoff of P,T&A, it's actually surprisingly good, and I'd recommend it

oh i wanna see that pretty bad. that guy with the beard is so funny.

I have recently watched the movie Rango, an animated flick...

Definitely going to watch this when it hits theaters here. I just watched The Green Hornet and it was actually better than I thought it was going to be.