• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I'm so ****** that Mad max and Terminator are PG-13's

Mad Max though looks good but why not R/18.

The pics from the terminator film look crap.

Has anybody ever seen the film Mary and Max? Its long been a favorite of mine and think it's an absolute masterpiece. Me and my ex girl must have watched it about 7 times at uni... Would especially be interested in what any Aussies think of it, seeing as it was produced there.

Really recommend it if you're a fan of adult-friendly animated films and or Wallace and Gromitt, this does not disappoint.

Watched the Monty Python Live DVD from the shows they did in the summer. Funny stuff, got funnier as it went on. Only bit I wasnt to happy with as I think it spoiled the flow was the "celebrity" cameos who didnt really get involved with the sketch (Eddie Izzard in the Bruces sketch and Mike Myers in the Blackmail one) as they just gushed over being on stage with them, I get its a big deal but it really ruined the flow of those sketches.

Its also caused me to hum the "sit on my face song" at work today. Not exactly appropraite :lol:

Watched 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.

Really enjoyable, and laugh out loud funny in parts.

Still cannot for the life of me see why they chose to make a movie out of one of the more obscure Marvel Comics though.

Watched 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.

Really enjoyable, and laugh out loud funny in parts.

Still cannot for the life of me see why they chose to make a movie out of one of the more obscure Marvel Comics though.

The answer is in your post.

Reynolds confirmed to be playing Deadpool in the new film. Along with Doctor Strange confirmed to be released.

Cumberbatch confirmed as Strange as well.A lot of stuff announced about the new Bond film as well. Will be called SPECTRE and Christoph Waltz will be the villain. Monica Belluci is in it and Andrew Scott (Moriarty from Sherlock) will also have a role. Aston Martin have made a DB10 specifically for it as well. All sounds pretty good for me.The new Terminator's trailer was also released yesterday. Seems to be getting a lot of hate on the internet but I liked it well enough.

I really wish they'd do one with Smersh as the main villains. That'd be awesome - i know SPECTRE is SMERSH but how it becomes what it becomes is pretty integral to how Bond becomes the utter b*stard that he is - they are going there, with the alcoholism and so on, but even so.

Also the cast is fantastic, Monica Belluci is gorgeous, and Waltz is a fantastic actor and who i was gonna suggest as the villain in the star wars movies....

Seen St. Vincent. Thought it was comedy but it more a funny drama but very enjoyable. Bill Murray plays lead role excellently.

I really wish they'd do one with Smersh as the main villains. That'd be awesome - i know SPECTRE is SMERSH but how it becomes what it becomes is pretty integral to how Bond becomes the utter b*stard that he is - they are going there, with the alcoholism and so on, but even so.

Also the cast is fantastic, Monica Belluci is gorgeous, and Waltz is a fantastic actor and who i was gonna suggest as the villain in the star wars movies....

I'm so up for Christoph Waltz as a Bond villain. They've had three real villain goldmines pitted against Craig now with Mikkelsen and Bardem previously.

Adam Driver as a cynical villain is actually the main reason I'm looking forward to Star Wars. I've been a huge fan of his since I first saw him in Frances Ha (I know The Rugby Forum is probably the wrong place to discuss an indie movie about a New York dancer watching her dreams get crushed, but it's my favourite film of the last few years), and the thought of him getting to do a bit of old-fashioned scenary chewing sounds like a dream come true to me.

Hold on SPECTRE was a international criminal organisation and am I right in saying SMERSH was part of the KGB? Edit: Smersh is part of the KGB and nothing to do with Spectre..honestly GN10 call yourself an Englishman!

Watched Lawless today and loved it.

Last edited:
New Bond film HAS to be better than that steaming pile of poop 'Skyfall'.

Unfortunately Mendez is back as director, so expect more 'critically acclaimed' crap.

i dont understand... they going old school again by bringing in Ralph Fiennes getting rid of Judy Dence, Bringing back SPECTRE... but they making a new Aston??? where is the DB5??? I hope there are going to be some gadgets :? but then again they were all used in the 60s...

Equalizer...

i dont know, it feels like Denzel does not fit the role...

maybe that is what makes it a good movie, because you don't expect it from his character...

you see this "old man" and the movie starting off slowly and you think... man, fck this... but then when he goes to the russians and fcks them up 6-love u like... "hold up - dafuq did i just see (o_O)"

Predestination - massively f##ed up, but very engaging and enjoyable all the same. Like looper with way messier ethics...

Equalizer...

i dont know, it feels like Denzel does not fit the role...

maybe that is what makes it a good movie, because you don't expect it from his character...

you see this "old man" and the movie starting off slowly and you think... man, fck this... but then when he goes to the russians and fcks them up 6-love u like... "hold up - dafuq did i just see (o_O)"

I don't think anyone but Denzel could have played the part. He always seems to own his characters for me.

Just watched the interveiw. James Franco is ****en hilarious same with the guy who plays Kim Jong Un.

Unbroken. Not sure what to make of it. I don't think it lives up to the hype. It kind of started and then ended. Bunch of events thrown together but didn't touch me the way I think it was trying to. Also a strange choice of actor for the Japanese character "The Bird".