• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

To be fair I didn't think the trailer looked terrible (saw it before Batman vs Superman).
It did show...well, essentially the entire film, though, so I've no interest in seeing it.

Was surprised to see Ron Weasley wasn't the main character, I'm sure I heard he was cast in it? Though that was years ago.

To be fair I didn't think the trailer looked terrible (saw it before Batman vs Superman).
It did show...well, essentially the entire film, though, so I've no interest in seeing it.

Was surprised to see Ron Weasley wasn't the main character, I'm sure I heard he was cast in it? Though that was years ago.

It's a biopic about Eddie the Eagle not exactly a will he won't he make it type film is it. considering we already know he does.

True, but it really did show a **** ton of the film.

I don't understand the current trend of showing 99% of the storyline in the trailer. Like Batman vs Superman had literally zero surprises in the films because it was all in the trailer.

True, but it really did show a **** ton of the film.

I don't understand the current trend of showing 99% of the storyline in the trailer. Like Batman vs Superman had literally zero surprises in the films because it was all in the trailer.

Agreed!

Batman vs Superman was the worst. Watching the film was more like ticking a checklist.

2 cents...Batflect was probably the best bit of the movie for me, i'd watch a stand alone version...not a bit superman fan...or lois lane...or the rest

the dream sequence...is weird! they had already established he was paranoid, it was not needed....but i did really like the sequence as a stand alone, think its the one thing that really spoke the "the world greatest detective" vibe. so many of the movies make Batman out to be the arse kicker where in the justice league stuff he is more often in the back ground working stuff out, i like the idea of him going on a mission into the desert. not hiding what he is but but ditching things like the cape which is pretty old school, a fight breaks out and he can defend himself (and more) but theres more too it

wife took me to the latest divergent film...wow that's bad...just wow....

Last edited:
I went to see Batman vs Superman with a few of the samoan/fijian boys I played rugby with at school. First time seeing some of them in 6 years. 3 of them fell asleep within an hour of the movie. It was horribly bad. Ben Affleck was the only saving grace of the movie.

The worlds greatest detective leaving a Kryptonite spear in some random warehouse tho? Come on.....

Watching TFA again on blu ray.

It's very good but the plot could of been so much more original instead of a nearly a complete New hope rip off.

I guess I'm a fan of the prequel trilogy thought it added a lot of good stuff to the Star Wars universe. I just thought this was a bit too much show not enough substance And wasted a few characters and rushed the ending IMO.

You got to remember that the New Hope was made in 1977. With Disney buying the rights, their aim is just to bring/rehash the same old to a new generation, but also know the old generation which grew up with the originals will also watch it again regardless, probably introducing their kids to it.

How many really original films has Hollywood released recently?

Watching TFA again on blu ray.

It's very good but the plot could of been so much more original instead of a nearly a complete New hope rip off.

I guess I'm a fan of the prequel trilogy thought it added a lot of good stuff to the Star Wars universe. I just thought this was a bit too much show not enough substance And wasted a few characters and rushed the ending IMO.

You dont mean Phantom Menace etc?

My 10 years old likes them, on their own they are mildy entertaining sci/fi films. Compared to the New Hope etc they are utter ****, badly acted, poor characters and 3 films that are basically animation.

Well... I was 8 years old when TPM was released, an 14 by the time ROTS came out.

I am a fan of the prequels too.

Thank you
What I liked about the prequels
Darth Maul
Jinn
McGregor
Pod Racing
Senate
GG
Clones
The clone wars TV show
Jedi Council

Bad points
Trade federation
Anakin
Young actors both crap
Killing Darth Maul
Script writin mainly in TPM
Jar Jar

I thought TRoTS was a pretty good film.

Thank you
What I liked about the prequels
Darth Maul
Jinn
McGregor
Pod Racing
Senate
GG
Clones
The clone wars TV show
Jedi Council

Bad points
Trade federation
Anakin
Young actors both crap
Killing Darth Maul
Script writin mainly in TPM
Jar Jar

Yes the commentry team they came up with for that was not at all cringeworthy

Didn't realise Wayne's World 2 was on Netflix, thought they just had the first.
Soooo I've cracked that on. Absolute classic (as is the first).

Latest posts