• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The NFL Thread

Originally posted by DC13@Feb 6 2006, 09:31 PM
the superbowl gets good in the second half, the first half sucks.. second half actually kept me interested
Cool - going off to watch it now!

i lvoe the way they make detroit look like such a nice city on there, its so dumpy, its probably one of the most rundown cities in the united states!

Originally posted by harrison2468+Feb 7 2006, 10:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Feb 6 2006, 09:31 PM
the superbowl gets good in the second half, the first half sucks.. second half actually kept me interested
Cool - going off to watch it now! [/b]
This years Superbowl isn't exactly the best game for a newcomer to the sport to watch, Watch those clips that Cavan posted before, especially the Rose Bowl highlights.

if you are new to watching american football or trying to introduce someone to the game the best thing to do first is watch highlight tapes or game montages. Then once your appetite is wetted begin focusing on the rules, and then onto tactics and strategies. You can then appreciate just how deep and itense the sport is.

oh yeah i forgot to tell ye that eventhough i've been an NFL team for a few years I've never really sided with any one team even despite visting the 49ers, Raiders and Chargers' stadiums. Lots of my friends are now getting into the game and are picking teams to follow for various reasons. I don't want to join the bandwagon of any over successful teams at the moment like the steelers, patriots etc.

I've decided to pick a player in the upcoming draft and then will begin supporting the team that drafts him with true zeal.

I'm thinking of perhaps someone like AJ Hawk of OSU, D'Brickshaw Ferguson of Virginia or LenDale White of USC. I want to avoid the likes of Leinart, Young or Bush. I possibly would have chose Brady Quinn but he is returning for his senior year.

What do you guys think of my plan?

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 10 2006, 08:05 AM
ya they predict Green Bay, San Fran or Redskins will draft him!
Pick someone who's going to be an instant starter.

You should just pick one of the wildcard teams in this years playoffs, I would probably go with the Bucs... or just pick a player already in the League.

I'm a Peyton Manning fan, so I just picked the Colts during the Play Offs and in the AFC, mainly because I can finally have someone to cheer for on TV (the Rams are rarely on Sunday or Monday night football anymore)

Nah man i don't wanna jump on any band wagon's. I'm gonna follow my team for life through thick and thin. I'd actually rather they'd be a rebuilding franchise right now such as the Browns, Cards or 49ers and hopefully some good years will follow for me. And the idea of picking a rookie means I'll hopefully get 10 or so years outta them and I can follow their careers.

Pick the Cards then, the Browns have been damned that aslong as they wear Orange Pants they will suck and the Gold Rush days for the 49ers are over for a long, long time.

Lots of activity in the free agent market:
Edge James to Arizona
Brees to New Orleans
Culpepper to Miami
Randle El, Archuleta, Lloyd to Washington
Browns, ***ans have been busy also.

It seems any team with salary cap room is pretty much doing their best to get rid of it!

According to Maddenmania the Cards will be 67 million under the cap next year...

If they spend it all/spend it wisely look out,

yea they will cuz collective bargaining on the 8th pushed the cap up some 20 mil

my hometown shitty browns went out and picked up some good players

jurevicius,mcginnest,bentley

finally spending some money

cards picked up edgerrin james

Looks like T.O is going to be dancing in the star more often...

Word on the street he's just agreed to a 3 year deal with the Cowboys.

yea he has i saw it on sportscenter last night, he's a great player, just that he's way to mouthy and outrageous

I think Parcells will be able to handle TO's shenanigens.

All TO has to do is score touchdowns and he'll be loved in dallas.

theyll like it, cuz he is playing for their team this time

funny how a few years can make all the difference in a fans attitude

well nfl draft today, not really watching it cause the draft is boring lol, but as of right now some names have been drafted
lets see

reggie bush went 2 cause houston are a bunch of idiots
aj hawk went 5th thats my boy from OSU!
donte whitner went 9th another one of my boys from OSU!

watch out the U cause ohio state is going to set first round draftee's record!

hey DC, of today i am a Green Bay Packers fan due to them drafting AJ! The first game next season is against the Bears which are best friend's fav team! I think it has worked out good. Texans were mad to overlook Bush, what are they thinking? If Mario Williams dosen't get at least 10+ sacks this year he'll be considered a bust!

Latest posts