• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official TRF International Shield

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 12 2008, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 10 2008, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
South Africa, Australia, England, France, Wales are the only countries in history to have defeated the All Blacks.  [/b]
Wow... I never knew that! :eek:
Awesome statistic.

[/b][/quote]
Yep...and Wales is the only country on this planet to have ever beaten NZ on their first meeting.  

Even if you guys did drag our player back after he scored.

Who else could've beaten NZ though?

I mean seriously, it's publicly known that Scotland and Ireland have never beaten NZ...

Which leaves Argentina, Italy, the Pacific Islands... Romania... Canada...

Dod anyone honestly beleive that another team had beaten the ABs?

It just when put into context is seems much better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 12 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 12 2008, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 10 2008, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
South Africa, Australia, England, France, Wales are the only countries in history to have defeated the All Blacks.  [/b]
Wow... I never knew that! :eek:
Awesome statistic.

[/b][/quote]
Yep...and Wales is the only country on this planet to have ever beaten NZ on their first meeting.  

Even if you guys did drag our player back after he scored.
[/b][/quote]

R.G.DEANS DID SCORE THAT TRY!!!!

In fact Morgan always admitted that Deans scored.

AUSTRALIA are really the first team to beat NZ 1910

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Nov 12 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I mean seriously, it's publicly known that Scotland and Ireland have never beaten NZ...

It just when put into context is seems much better.[/b]
Really...Ireland, Scotland and Argentina should have beaten NZ a few times in the past....it is because the AB's have this pride thing going.  So as a result the best these three teams have ever done have been draws.

Romania lost to us by 6 points.  Before the 80's the big margins were not the common thing.  NZ victories were by slim margins....it is just a phenomena that these slim margins were mostly victories to the NZ team.  They could have very easily been NZ losses.

it still takes an incredible team to do that though, even if a win isn't by much it still means that after about a century of play you're -still-undefeated, and that's not nothing.

but besides, anyone who's worth their salt knows that SA were the team to beat for a good 80 years anyway, NZ only really became the most dominant team in world rugby in the professional era, before that the Boks were ahead by 21 tests to 18. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ Nov 25 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it still takes an incredible team to do that though, even if a win isn't by much it still means that after about a century of play you're -still-undefeated, and that's not nothing.

but besides, anyone who's worth their salt knows that SA were the team to beat for a good 80 years anyway, NZ only really became the most dominant team in world rugby in the professional era, before that the Boks were ahead by 21 tests to 18. :p[/b]
Haha yeah S.A were the team to beat for so long...well actually there were three teams that had world respect....Argentina, Brazil, and (West) Germany....whoops wrong sport.....NZ, S.A, WAL (I put them in alphabetical order). Unfortunately Wales lost the plot at the end of the 70's and the NEED to get their crap together and win a RWC damnit for the good rugby around the world. NZ had a slight edge the first 20 years 1905-1924 and the last 20 but South Africa had the upper hand in the decades in between.

Anyway I think the history of rugby around the world has more mystique than any other sport. An incredible thing considering it was an amateur sport for so long. Perhaps the 100 years it stayed as an amateur sport created the foundation of stability before the exposure to the ravages of money based professionalism.

if RU 100 years ago were smart enough to pay the players, league wouldn't exist, and union would be a much stronger game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Nov 12 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It just when put into context is seems much better.[/b]

Zimbabwe did beat the ABs, although it is not officially recorded as a test.

So, New Zealand held it until they lost to France earlier this year.

They won it back off France a week later.

South Africa won it back in Bloefontein.

Australia takes it from the Springboks in Brisbane.

New Zealand beat Australia in Wellington in the final game of the Tri Nations and has held it ever since.

France are thus far the only NH team to have held the TRF IS, and only managed a week.

This makes sense, because since the RWC 2007, 3N sides have lost just 4 times in total to the rest of the world - Wales beat Australia AI 2008; France beat New Zealand SI 2009; France beat South Africa AI 2009 and Scotland beat Australia AI 2009.

Makes depressing reading.

AND the TRFIS comes alive this weekend, as Ireland finally have a chance to strip New Zealand of the shield and claim it for themselves!
It's about time!

Realistically we're looking at the tri nations before it changes hands. Wales, Ireland and England don't have the strength to beat the all blacks in the SH at the moment/

Should be interesting come Tri Nations...I think we'll retain till then. I could be wrong.

... New Zealand STILL hold the shield after warding off Ireland and Wales successively.