• Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Georgia

• Namibia

• Total voters
<div class='quotemain'> Wallabies!!!!

Remember we played crap leading up to and including the early rounds of the last world cup.. [/b]

Then beat the All Blacks and went into the final with home advantage... And still didn't win!!!! :bleh!:

Sorry... :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]

Yes.. Its true :cryy:

capslock.jpg

wales could win it, because they could play England in the quarters (assuming they make it out of the group stage) and the have proved that they can beat England. After that they'll need a bit of luck, but it's not impossible. New Zealand will probably wn it though.

wales could win it, because they could play England in the quarters (assuming they make it out of the group stage) and the have proved that they can beat England. After that they'll need a bit of luck, but it's not impossible. New Zealand will probably wn it though. [/b]

I'd say they need a lot more than luck to win the world cup. I really dont see Wales having the class to beat:

1. Australia to come first in the pool

2. England in the quarter

3. NZ in the semi

4. Boks/France/Australia(assuming point 1) in the final

In fact, i think they might have a real problem just beating Fiji...

<div class='quotemain'> wales could win it, because they could play England in the quarters (assuming they make it out of the group stage) and the have proved that they can beat England. After that they'll need a bit of luck, but it's not impossible. New Zealand will probably wn it though. [/b]

I'd say they need a lot more than luck to win the world cup. I really dont see Wales having the class to beat:

1. Australia to come first in the pool

2. England in the quarter

3. NZ in the semi

4. Boks/France/Australia(assuming point 1) in the final

In fact, i think they might have a real problem just beating Fiji... [/b][/quote]

Most - i can't say all, but most - of your post was wrong.
Wales have the class. That is undoubted. Australia only just beat our 2nd team.
Fiji won't be able to compete wtih our forwards.

Anyway, to sum it up: -

Points 1 and 2 you're wrong
Points 3 and 4 you (in regards to the boks) you're right. I have more confidence in wales beating france than Australia, but they have the ability to do either.

If Aus come 1st in their pool, I thought that would put them in the same side of the draw as the All Blacks? Which would mean they'd face the All Blacks in the semifinals..

Have to go with the All Blacks, although their odds are so short I’ll be betting on the Bocks and I may have a bit of Wales are we are a juicy 33/1

If its one thing previous world cups has shown is you throw out the form guide the minute it starts..

I think New Zealand will win it.
Hopefully England will be able to get past the group stages though...

new zealand will meet australia in the semi finals given that australia wins england if england gets out of pool play south africa will have a much easier run to the finals its going to be either nz and sa or aus and sa in the finals if its nz and sa % of nz winning is 60% if its aus and sa i think sa will win with a 70% chance

Huh, only 8 votes (me included) for Die Bokke, this must be a pommie forum - kidding, just kidding, i`ve seen pommies manage worse in the vote zone

Anyway, getting serious, the only thing i`am worried is about the team we are going to play in the final!

as much as I'd like it to be Australia, sadly I don't think we'll be able to come through. I predict that either new zealand or France will win it this year.

I vote for France and I hope there will win this world cup but the All Blacks have a wonderfull team...

I think if the Bokke makes the Semis they will win it other wise it will be NZ or Aus or Eng :blink:

You need a world class fly-half to win a world cup...

1987 = Grant Fox

1991 = Michael Lynagh

1995 = Joel Stransky/Andrew Mehrtens

1999 = Stephen Larkham

2003 = Johnny Wilkinson/Stephen Larkham

2007 = Butch James???... i don't think so.

You need a world class fly-half to win a world cup...

1987 = Grant Fox

1991 = Michael Lynagh

1995 = Joel Stransky/Andrew Mehrtens

1999 = Stephen Larkham

2003 = Johnny Wilkinson/Stephen Larkham

2007 = Butch James???... i don't think so.
[/b]

Pretorius?

France have 2 world class fly halves :blink:
+ home advantage
+ the best preparations of any of the teams
+ new-found discipline (which ABs don't have)
+ SERGE BETSEN!

New Zealand are most likely to win, but a few teams are capable of beating them. It wouldn't surprise me if for the second world cup running, a team plays awful until the semis, then beats the All blacks but loses the final. I think the All Blacks will win it because their real enemy is their own mindset, something Henry is taking care to ensure is right come crunch time.

Latest posts