• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

Completed 4 of 5 today, the one d/c was at 0-0.

Got a 42-28 epic on video.

Great so the "community" is killing the game's best feature according to some, cannot wait to jump online.

The cheevo is play one game right?

Last night I actually lost 2 games, but played through to the end (noddy badge to myself). Still experienced a bit of lag which reduces the enjoyability a bit and got my first quitter with HT 21-0 in my favor. I forgot to put down his name to name and shame him.:mad:

I've lowered the quality a bit, to cut down my stupidly long upload time.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z0BokDR3Tzw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HTKqYGYwzJU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QUITTING:

Guys as far as quitting is concerned I don't think there are actually that many on this game. It is the awful online services that were not built properly before the launch of the game.

I have played FIFA and COD for years and never lost connection.

On this joke of a rugby game I am lucky to get one full game out of 20/30 attempts. I have already emailed HB about it. Something must be done now.

I'm afriad the publicity of RWC is already a disaster and most of us with problems will be getting rugby challenge.

I had eight or nine games this morning, but only finished one, which I won 52-7, against Ireland. 'Twas a bit of a nightmare.

Avoid "Mr-Tickles69" on PSThe only game with a good connection and he quit!

My experience with online so far has been rather poor. I have played 2 full games. Attempted to play at least 10 but they dont last very long before losing connection to my opponent. The connection itself was laggy and even when playing my mate who lives literally 15 minutes down the road and the connection bar was full, still suffered a considerable amount of lag before being disconected from each other. even though neither of us actually initiated the quit. we both use a wired connection and both have a 3.5mb or there abouts internet connection. which is ample for playing any sort of games online.
The single player is almost imaculate but will only last so long, ive waited 4 years for a new rugby game but if im unable to get any tidy games online i think ill be sending this back to the shops...

The online is pretty appalling. I can never find a connection and the few times I do it has always dropped before half time and game is so laggy. Haven't played a full game online yet!

On Line Match Making?

Hi there all, long time reader of the threads. First time poster.

So how does this work? How does it choose random guy A, to play random guy B? Same skill level? Same region? And further to that, where could one find the online stats/leaderboards?

Sorry if this has been covered, there are alot of threads here..Thanks.

@killakiwi_nz - hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you need to think 1st generation in terms of online play. It seems completely random who you play against and there's no accounting for skill level (as far as I can tell). As a result, everyone wants to be a good team (NZ,OZ,SA etc) because they're not sure of the quality of their opponent, which is starting to get a little tedious. Also, even if you and I had a great game, there's not even an option to replay the match, it relies on me having to write your ID down before we start the game!

I was really looking forward to the online aspect, as the AI gets too easy and predictable very quickly, but from what I've seen so far the online play is appalling. I have a wired high-speed 30mb connection and it's so laggy, it's just unplayable and that's only if you haven't been kicked off for no apparent reason. I've posted elsewhere about this, but the things that also wind me up online are the constant need to press x
(on PS3) and wait for your opponent to do so. During conversions, you have to do this about 5 times to skip the replays and cut-scene animations which is just annoying. Also deciding on which option you want to take if you get a penalty needs to be instant as cutting to that 45 secs screen winds me up! When the square icon pops up over the player's head for a quick tap, why can't the other buttons represent the other options and get the game moving?

I'm not giving up on this game yet as I've waited a long time for it to come out, but I hope these issues get addresses soon or it'll be on ebay!

I just got the game today and won my first online match I beat S.A as Ireland 28-7. The guy finished so fair play to him because I was up 25-0 at one stage, I love the game but the lag is hard to play with.

2 Players Online

Getting this game soon, just wondering if it's possible to play with someone else online (2 Players on same console)
I know it's possible offline (Up to 4 players?)
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply, simple feature, odd that it's missing :c
Any idea if they plan to support it with a patch or something?

I have no idea, I'd like to see it happen but I really doubt it.

Can anyone from HB confirm this?

Latest posts