Achievement in directing
The Departed

Achievement in film editing
The Departed

Best motion picture of the year
The Departed

Adapted screenplay
The Departed

YEAAAAAAHHHH the only movie with a bit of rugby in it gets 4 of those little gold men :cheers:

<object height="350" width="425"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E6zAZSE3Og8"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E6zAZSE3Og8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

If ever a performance warranted a Statuette it was Forest Whittaker. Fanastically charismatic & awesomely menacing in that film.

If ever a performance warranted a Statuette it was Forest Whittaker. Fanastically charismatic & awesomely menacing in that film.
[/b]

I agree
:king: :mamba: ;)

Glad that The Departed won! Great film, great story, great location!

More Irish-American fun to come out on tv this week (in the US...hopefully it is good and will cross over) is The Black Donnelly's:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/04DAaGmHymo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/04DAaGmHymo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Here's hoping that some of you can now understand "Irish-American's."

The Departed was without a doubt the best film out this year.
And i'm sure it was the small segment of rugby in the film that won it so many accolades, rather than:
great direction, acting, storyline and script. :D :p
Scorcese deserves an Oscar at last. I'm still a little angry he didn't get anything for Taxi Driver all those years ago.

I also went to watch the Queen.
I'm an unlimited cinema card holder so i'm allowed to go see whatever i want, ok?
But honestly, it was quite a good film.
Helen's acting was not bad, but to tell you the truth, there wasn't anythin spectacular about it all.
Maybe the fact that it was this quaint british film that got the judges buzzing.

lol the rugby in it was funny, they had matt damon with a '10' on his shirt in the flanker position in the scrum!!!

Haha yeah, i noticed that too.
Scorcese certainly deserved his Oscar for this wonderful film, after being robbed a few times.

I agree with you about the queen Rugby_Cymru...it was nothing special at all really, good movie and all, but yeah, nothing overlly heart wrenching or exciting, but i guess Helen Mirren adapted to the roll very well.

I agree with you about the queen Rugby_Cymru...it was nothing special at all really, good movie and all, but yeah, nothing overlly heart wrenching or exciting, but i guess Helen Mirren adapted to the roll very well.
[/b]

Exactly. Kate Winslet has been dying for an Oscar for so many years now, but clearly top drawer, "wow, she was GOOD!" knd of acting really isn't needed to win an Oscar. So i've got a suggestion for her:

The film is called, 'Diana: The final days'

Who cares how well she acts in it. It's diana for god's sake!
Charles cheated on her, queen dislikd her, died in a car crash, people's princess....OSCAR!!!

Easy answer.

Ooh! Myabe i could star in my own film

'Harry: Prince of Rebels'

Die my hair ginger, then it's: Hunting wtih my dad, getting off with posh blonde girl, join army, go to fancy dress as nazi, get deployed in Iraq...OSCAR!!!

I'll be RICH I tells ya!
Mwahahaha!

Is that so?
I failed to pick up on that one then.

Bloody Americans, eh? ;)
[/b]
Yeah, it's sort of like when you Brits make Baseball films...you always have the catcher playing second base!

People here, outside of the Rugby Community (which is sort of underground), have no clue about the game.

Yeah, it's sort of like when you Brits make Baseball films...you always have the catcher playing second base!

People here, outside of the Rugby Community (which is sort of underground), have no clue about the game.
[/b]

Well you've just proved yourself right O'Roth, having never seen a game of baseball in my life i thought there was a catcher on every base...and scattered around the field as well.

Well you've just proved yourself right O'Roth, having never seen a game of baseball in my life i thought there was a catcher on every base...and scattered around the field as well.
[/b]

None of them can catch....that's why they have to give them big ****-off gloves! ;) :) :p

54539.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WMEXP4G9sM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WMEXP4G9sM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

whoa!
looks cool :D
cricket in holland is pretty unknown :S
and rugby is seen as fighingsports and soccer in one :p

i live in a f***ed up coutry :p

whoa!

i live in a f***ed up coutry :p [/b]

Don't Holland have an International team?

<div class='quotemain'> whoa!

[/b][/quote]

with a quick search on the net, I can proudly say we do :D :D
never heard from it though :)
rugger is getting lots of media coverage :cheers:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> whoa!

[/b][/quote]

with a quick search on the net, I can proudly say we do :D :D
never heard from it though :)
rugger is getting lots of media coverage :cheers: [/b][/quote]

Top stuff from Holland!

Latest posts