• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 21 2005, 09:53 AM
Norwich are surging towards safety.
beating mediocre teams like Man Utd and Newcastle will do that

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Apr 21 2005, 10:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 21 2005, 10:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Apr 21 2005, 09:53 AM
Norwich are surging towards safety.
beating mediocre teams like Man Utd and Newcastle will do that [/b]
<
<
<

Although if they do give Pearce the job, the boys on Sky won't have half an hour every Saturday to whinge about why he hasn't been offered it.

I'd say Liverpool will be hoping that Spurs win Chelsea the championship at Arsenal on Monday, hopefully they'll celebrate a bit too much ahead of Wednesday's game.

Winning the Champions league is looking more and more like the only way they will get back into next season's tournament after losing 1-0 at Palace. Chelsea winning again this afternoon and Everton got a late draw.

Norwich and Palace doing their survival hopes no harm today, they'll be hoping for a Pompey win tomorow against Southampton.

A win for Newcastle should see survival secured for another season.
<

Well we didn't get that win but that point tonight secures our position for next season.

Can't believe the Spurs, Keane should've nailed that header, and Defoe could've done better in front of a nearly open goal.

Oh well (I know I'm a little late posting but I did watch it live at 6 35 am or whenever it was on over here)

Well done Chelsea, at least something went your way yesterday Woodie, although cant be much consolation.

Mourinho's a clever *******, already on the back of a multi million deal and he's after more. Could end in tears on Tuesday though.

Everton have secured their qualifying spot for next years champions league, could end in tears though, Liverpool would have been guaranteed their champions league position while Everton will probably fall in their qualifier. Can't understand the FA's decision espeically with the document that said last year that if a team outside the top 4 won the Champions league that they would get to defend their ***le and it would be UEFA cup football for the 4th placed team.

Man City for a UEFA Cup spot? I think so. Home form has been good of late, and if we get off to a good start I can realistically see us beating Boro, and snatching the last European place at the death.

Can't see Southampton and West Brom getting a win, Norwich still haven't won away from home and can't see that changing so Palace would have to be favourites, Charlton aren't exactly on fire at the moment.

That's gotta hurt for United, Chelsea without Drogba, Duff, Robben, Terry, Fereira, Bridge and Cech and they still win comfortably at Old Trafford.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 11 2005, 01:51 PM
The loss of Drogba is a bonus to any team, especially Chelsea!
Come next season, I predict Drogba's critics being made to eat their words. I've been a fan of his for a couple of years, since I saw him playing at Marsailles, and I think that having got some Premiership experience under his belt he will really start to repay his transfer fee next season.

I'd agree with that, does take some players a while to adjust to the pace in the premiership, could still be a problem for the likes of Cissé and Alonso come next season.

Drogba has all the attributes to become a top class striker though. Pace, power, finishing (despite his lack of goals this season), it's all there. He has all the qualities needed to give defenses serious problems, he just needs to find some form next season.

Latest posts