• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

Looks like Glazier is well and truly going to get his hands on Man Utd now that Magnier and McManus have sold up. Could we see the departure of Fergie, the renaming of Old Trafford, the selling of the best players? Hope so.
<
<
<

Man City have finally announced Stuart Pearce as the new manager.

About time too, Phsyco has done a top job since taking over the role, guiding the club from mid-table mediocrity to pushing for a European place, and fully deserves to be awarded the full-time appointment.

I'm glad for him, he's better than 99% of the free agent mangers floating about like Peter Reid, Robson, Howard Wilkinson etc.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 11 2005, 06:38 PM
I'd agree with that, does take some players a while to adjust to the pace in the premiership, could still be a problem for the likes of Cissé and Alonso come next season.
Alonso has been up with Premiership pace since day one, he won't have any problems because he hasn't had one in the first place.

Cisse is getting there, I expect him to explode very shortly.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 13 2005, 05:08 AM
Looks like Glazier is well and truly going to get his hands on Man Utd now that Magnier and McManus have sold up. Could we see the departure of Fergie, the renaming of Old Trafford, the selling of the best players? Hope so.
<
<
<
If the Bucs are anything go by, Man U are screwed

West Brom survive

bye bye to Palace, Norwich and Southampton

KEY PREMIERSHIP POSITIONS (1658 BST)

UEFA CUP RACE PTS GD GS

7 MIDDLESBROUGH 55 + 7 53

8 Man City 52 + 8 47
9 Tottenham 52 + 6 47

RELEGATION PTS GD GS

17 WEST BROM 34 -25 36

18 Crystal Palace 33 -21 41
19 Norwich 33 -35 42
20 Southampton 32 -21 45

AAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot believe Robbie Fowler missed a penalty! One shot costs us a European place.
<

Ah well, Pearce will have us challenging for Champions League places next season
<

Palace have conceded too many late goals this season to stay up and again it costs them today. As for Norwich you can't expect to have much hope of staying up if you can't win away from home.

Gutting way to finish the season for Man City, ironic with Fowler actually showing some decent enough form as well.

Typical as soon as I question Cissé he goes and scores twice today.
<
Not a bad time to pick up a couple of goals. Whether he'll start in Istanbul though remains to be seen.

Originally posted by Mrs SHRLFC@May 19 2005, 02:11 PM
Hoorah August 26th UEFA Cup draw - we'll be there!
Oh dear! Does this mean we have another red supporter on the board now then?
<

I've always favoured Everton out the Merseyside teams myself
<

Thought Martin O'Neill might be on his way to the premiership but he will be taking a break from football. Looks like Strachan is on his way to Parkhead, thought he'd be lined up for another job in the premiership.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+May 19 2005, 05:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ May 19 2005, 05:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mrs SHRLFC
@May 19 2005, 02:11 PM
Hoorah August 26th UEFA Cup draw - we'll be there!
Oh dear! Does this mean we have another red supporter on the board now then?
<

I've always favoured Everton out the Merseyside teams myself
<
[/b]
No, Bolton fan, is the Missus!

Ah, Bolton. The retirement village for ex-international players from across the globe........

Originally posted by woodie@May 16 2005, 04:05 AM
West Brom survive

bye bye to Palace, Norwich and Southampton

KEY PREMIERSHIP POSITIONS (1658 BST)

UEFA CUP RACE PTS GD GS

7 MIDDLESBROUGH 55 + 7 53

8 Man City 52 + 8 47
9 Tottenham 52 + 6 47

RELEGATION PTS GD GS

17 WEST BROM 34 -25 36

18 Crystal Palace 33 -21 41
19 Norwich 33 -35 42
20 Southampton 32 -21 45
You missed Villa 10th the most important team

No doubt conrad! For a team that couldnt score a try at the beggining of the year they have made giant strides. Without injuries aswell they actually do have a tad of depth. I was skeptical of kirrundrani at the start but now im a fan, wallabies have needed a big powerful center since the days of mortlock.

Latest posts