• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

i dont know f*** all about soccer but i love it apart from the f***ing wankers diving and doing hollywoods, that cristiano ronaldo is such a girl isnt he! good player though but still i dont see the need to cry about something that a rugby player wouldn't even think twice about. i have watched a couple of games this season, so far arsenal look unbeatable (f*** henry is awesome)and also man u have started pretty poorly but i can sort of see they will get back into form and be strong contenders again, my top 4 are arsenal, chelsea, man u and aston villa for some reason.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Sep 9 2004, 12:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Sep 9 2004, 12:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Sep 8 2004, 11:26 PM
aston villa for some reason.
Not this time.

5th or 6th. [/b]
5th or 6th may even be pretty obtimistic this season, they dont seem to have strengthened their squad much this year, unlike some other teams that should feature for those spots on the ladder...........

Exactly - still not a team I'll enjoy playing though they're very tough to break down.

Well here's Saturday's results so far,

Sat Sep 11 2004

Barclays Premiership
Man City 0 - 1 Everton
Fulham 0 - 3 Arsenal
Newcastle 3 - 0 Blackburn
Bolton 2 - 2 Man Utd
Liverpool 3 - 0 West Brom
Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Birmingham
Aston Villa 0 - 0 Chelsea

Finally a win for Newcastle. So that was all we needed, no manager.
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Sep 11 2004, 04:37 PM
Finally a win for Newcastle. So that was all we needed, no manager.
<
What about Graeme Souness, or does he not count?

Anyway, I see City went down at home again. Could be fighting the drop this season I think.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Sep 11 2004, 05:10 PM
Souness doesn't start until Monday.
Lol, my current lack of football knowledge makes a fool out of me again
<

They're much better equipped for midtable than some of the rubbish we have in the Premiership this year.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 15 2004, 03:08 PM
They're much better equipped for midtable than some of the rubbish we have in the Premiership this year.
Eg. Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Liverpool..............
<

Results from this weekend

Sun Sep 19 2004

Barclays Premiership
Chelsea 0 - 0 Tottenham
Everton 1 - 0 Middlesbrough
Southampton 1 - 2 Newcastle

Sat Sep 18 2004

Barclays Premiership
West Brom 1 - 1 Fulham
Birmingham 1 - 1 Charlton
Norwich 0 - 0 Aston Villa
Blackburn 1 - 0 Portsmouth
Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Man City
Arsenal 2 - 2 Bolton

Rare away win from Newcastle at Southampton, cracking goal from Steven Carr. Bolton certainly pushed Arsenal with that draw at Highbury, their unbeaten record is bound to end sometime. Cracking game on the cards tomorow with Man Utd v Liverpool, the return of Rio should give Liverpool a slight edge. They've a decent record at Old Trafford anyway.

Great away win at Palace. Don't think much of Keegan as a manager though, never have done and probably never will do.

big match tonight at Old Trafford.

My prediction:

Man U 1 - 2 Liverpool
RvN............Gerrard
..................Garcia

Rio Ferdinand to get red carded.

Originally posted by woodie@Sep 20 2004, 05:51 PM
big match tonight at Old Trafford.

My prediction:

Man U 1 - 2 Liverpool
RvN............Gerrard
..................Garcia

Rio Ferdinand to get red carded.
As long as he remembers to turn up *boom boom*

Thought I would be the first to say it
<

So Man Utd get the win..........

On the performance of both sides in that match, I don't think Arsenal or Chelsea are quaking in their boots..........

Latest posts