• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

Finnan has been the most consistant Right Back in the Premiership for the last couple of Seasons...

Neville isn't the worlds best, neither is Finnan. [/b]

Agreed with that...

Im sorry but noone in the world is more consistent in the world than Neville at right back. Especially the past few years. No right back has won more than him with the exception of Cafu but he should have retired long ago and his wins where with Brazil.

A team wins prizes not individuals...

What has Neville won in the last 3 years???

Well I give you...

Steve Finnan, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup. Also 2 Times Champions League Finalist...

But Seriously I consider Zambrotta and Alves as the Two Best in the World at this current point in time...

But like I said Neville is in the Top 10 as well as the Underated Steve Finnan

What have they all won in their careers compared to Gary Neville? If they are that good and hes that bad Man Utd would of signed them

Daniel Alves - 24 Years Old
* 2005–2006 UEFA Cup
* 2006 UEFA Super Cup
* 2005–2006 UEFA Cup Most Valuable Player
* 2006 UEFA Super Cup Most Valuable Player

Zambrotta - 30 Years Old
* Juventus
o 2 Serie A champion (Scudetto): 2001-02, 2002-03 (Juventus stripped of 2004-05 & 2005-06 ***les due to 2006 Serie A scandal)
o 2 Serie A runners up: 1999-00, 2000-01
o 2 Supercoppa Italiana: 2002, 2003
* Italy
o Euro2000 runners up
o World Cup winner 2006

Its not a case of them being signed by Manchester United, its a case of them wanting to go to Manchester United, which not every player wants to... Look at Ronaldinho he turned down Manchester United...

No its a case of united wanting to buy them, Ronaldihno opted for the money of Barca and he has turned them around all credit to them and him.

Alves has the capability to better Neville, i quite like him but he needs to get out of Sevilla. They may be having a good season but so did Sociedad not long ago

Eh? He didn't 'choose the money' as United ofered him more then Barca. He wen't to Barcelona because he wanted to be there.

Eh? He didn't 'choose the money' as United ofered him more then Barca. He wen't to Barcelona because he wanted to be there.
[/b]

"Mes Que un Club"

Barca are a special case...I think every other footy supporter in the world looks to Barca with envy. The way they are so instrinsically linked with the Catalan identity. By the people, for the people.

I'd pick Barca over any club other than the blues. Celtic are the only team that comes close for me but that's all tied up with sectarian bigotry & republican bullsh*t.

They may be having a good season but so did Sociedad not long ago [/b]

How can you compare Sociedad's flash in the pan to Seville? Like Lyon, they have been growing in momentum season by season for the past three seasons and they are a special, special team.

So that's it for another season, all sorted out today although I don't think that will be the last we hear about this season. Glad to see Sheffield United going down, can't stand Warnock, he's a prized pillock, no doubt they'll take an action against the Premier League but hopefully it'll bankrupt them as there can only be one outcome to that sort of case. Wasn't too impressed with Whelan's comments either after the game, should keep his mouth shut.

In total, total agreement with you there. Warnock is a gobshite.
[/b]

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke to be honest LOL!!!

Arrogant ******....
[/b]

Erm....go on.........what's he done exactly?

Is it that he's a fairly vocal manager of a team that isn't a big-four media dariling.

I suppose people should just know their place at the table eh?

<div class='quotemain'>
In total, total agreement with you there. Warnock is a gobshite.
[/b]

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke to be honest LOL!!!

Arrogant ******....
[/b]

Erm....go on.........what's he done exactly?

Is it that he's a fairly vocal manager of a team that isn't a big-four media dariling.

I suppose people should just know their place at the table eh? [/b][/quote]

Its because he comes out with the most ridiculous things ever, rather than blaming his teams poor performance he blames the Referee's... He believes he is a bigger club than what he is...

Also You may find it difficult to believe but Liverpool Don't get much press coverage unless they do well in Europe... Have you ever listened to the Biased commentry when we are Chelsea or actually any other premiership team they always talk up the other team, and really the same could be said for Everton... Teams in Liverpool are not liked by the national media...

But Neil Warnock should know when to shut up... Any Decision that goes against his side whether its correct or poor he comes out and complains about the referee or his assistants... he will be not be missed in the premiership... Dave Whelan is another one who should know when to keep his gob shut, should never of spoken out about the Tevez deal, as it was decided by an Independant Commission, and they made the ruling not the FA/Premier League...

Its because he comes out with the most ridiculous things ever, rather than blaming his teams poor performance he blames the Referee's... He believes he is a bigger club than what he is...

Also You may find it difficult to believe but Liverpool Don't get much press coverage unless they do well in Europe... Have you ever listened to the Biased commentry when we are Chelsea or actually any other premiership team they always talk up the other team, and really the same could be said for Everton... Teams in Liverpool are not liked by the national media...

But Neil Warnock should know when to shut up... Any Decision that goes against his side whether its correct or poor he comes out and complains about the referee or his assistants.
[/b]

Seems to me you are outlining top four manager behaviour from a none-top four manager.

This biased commentry you speak of doesn't actually exist. The media loathe Chelsea & Utd...the liverpool and Arsenal bandwagon is lazy journo heaven. That's a side issue though. Warnock does nothing that Bentiez, Mourinho, Ferguson & Wenger do week in, week out.

Originally posted by Neil Warnock
You just have to get over the bitterness and move on but it's difficult at the moment. Fate is fate, though. Life is like that.

Got no problem with Warnock myself. Seems a lot more relaxed since coming up into the Premiership - I have enjoyed some of his more tongue in cheek comments, and the way he has taken being at the wrong ned of the table with a pinch of salt.

I'd rather Wigan had gone down.

Got no problem with Warnock myself. Seems a lot more relaxed since coming up into the Premiership - I have enjoyed some of his more tongue in cheek comments, and the way he has taken being at the wrong ned of the table with a pinch of salt.

I'd rather Wigan had gone down.
[/b]

I like Jewell too though...a good honest manager.

It seems West Ham have broken the rules...every other club in history has had points deducted, why doesn't the London club with the millionaire backer?

The FA blew it...they took months over it, found that they'd done something wrong and then come up with some lame platitudes about not wanting to consign the fans to the drop. Fecking nonsense it is. It think the clubs at that end of the league have actually been remarkably restrained.

Latest posts