• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

I hate to do this LOL,But...

Cristiano Ronaldo: Best of november
photo.php

Written by: Michiel van Blommestein
LONDON, Dec 9 (Sw) - Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Premiership Player of the Month award for November, while Steve Coppell has been awarded best manager.

Ronaldo has been awarded for his fine form last month, in which Manchester United were unbeaten. He gave three assists and scored twice during November.

Coppell is the only manager with Alex Ferguson to win the Manager of the Month award this term, with this one being his second. Reading have been stunning under his tutelage, with a whopping third place currently for the erstwhile relegation contenders.

Source:http://www.soccerway.com/news/2006/December/09/c-ronaldo-coppell-win-november-awards

He's been in sensational form all season. Love him or hate him (I'm still one of the latter), you can't deny he's currently the best footballer in the world.

you can't deny he's currently the best footballer in the world.
[/b]

:lol:

There are plenty of players I would rather have in my team than that petulent diving little shite.

And his crossing still often leaves a lot to be desired.

So who's better then at the moment?

And if you say Rohnaldinininininininininhio, I will ban you.

So who's better then at the moment?

And if you say Rohnaldinininininininininhio, I will ban you.
[/b]

I assume because you named him as the best footballer in the world you aren't just talking about wingers? If you like I can name a fair number of players who are better footballers than him.

Everton 1 - 0 Chel$ki

Arteta, Penalty

Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

oh well turned out to be false hope with Chelsea coming from behind and winning 3-2.

For once pressure on Man Utd this season, having to play after Chelsea for once.

Well, only saw the second half as I was watching the end of the Sale game, but may I just say (big breath);

Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock Cock

Not too sure what exactly happened there today. United never looked like scoring (Ronaldo planding everything in the bottom right corner from 25 yards out... Predictable?) while West ham held it together in defence and poached a scrappy goal after Sheringhams clever pass.

Still 2 points clear and Chel$ki are still looking poor... They'll drop points somwhere along the line and the balence will be restored.

United also will drop points down the line and have yet to go to Moscow, Emirates, Comedy of Manchester and Anfield yet.

Mourinho is certainly taking the attention off Arsène Wenger with his pathetic outburst against Johnson, he really should be taken to town over that.

Mourinho is certainly taking the attention off Arsène Wenger with his pathetic outburst against Johnson, he really should be taken to town over that.
[/b]

Moyes put him firmly in his place on that one :

"After all, he's got a big 15 stone striker up front who is quite partial to it himself.

"I saw the incident on television and I don't think it was a penalty, but it certainly wasn't a dive either.

"A few weeks ago the Chelsea keeper got caught by a Reading player who was criticised for that.

"Our player is slightly bumped, straddles the goalkepeer and jumps over him. He's missed the keeper and he gets criticised for that, so you can't win."

I was so gutted when that winner flew in...I thought Everton were superb. I haven't seen the penalty claims yet but I thought they both looked like decent shouts. I couldn't believe Jose going nuts on the touchline when it happened. The way they reacted to someone having the audacity to ahout for a penalty against them was pitiful.

SB

Bit of a fixture headache ahead for the winner of tonight's cancelled Carling Cup Quarter Final between Liverpool and Arsenal.

Most likely rescheduled date is for the day of the first leg of the semi final and with the FA Cup tie looming as well, a draw might really pack their schedule well and tight. So the winner could be faced with a replay and an extra fixture for their second leg of the semi final.

So the annual whingefest that is the christmas period gets underway today, all week the managers have been whingeing about the number of fixtures, having to manage their squads, blah di blah di blah, you only have to look at the christmas period for the rugby teams and all sympathies for the premiership teams goes out the window.

Anyway regardless of the whingeing there should be some decent fixtures over christmas, and should the teams come through their 'ordeal' then they should be well set for the rest of the season.

I'd expect Cheslea to come through quite well and probably end up top after the christmas period, that was until I saw that they and United have a relatively easy fixture list over the holidays, so probably no change at the top afterall.

Don't think Santa has been too kind to Newcastle in their fixtures but at least there's Charlton, Watford and Middlesbrough who will save our blushes.

The smaller Clubs have the rough deal when it comes to it, but at the end of the day, the bigger clubs still have to beat them by playing football... I have no worries for the christmas fixtures, feel sorry for the rugby players tho, as they have to recover so fast after a REAL physical Battle

Latest posts