• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

Both Tevez and Mascherano on the bench for West Ham, how can a team like that afford to leave players that good out of the starting lineup.

Cos they have not played a game in the league, but I expect them to come on at Half Time, this will be because they would have had a chance to watch the pace of the English Game, and hopefully allow them to have a better performance...

West Ham Trail Aston Villa by 1 goal to nil...

Fair point, but I'd counter it with the fact that a club like West Ham doesn't sign talent like that every day so they should make the most of it while they still have it.

Well its Grand Slam Sunday!!!

Liverpool Vs Chelsea

And

Manchester United Vs Arsenal

Never in the history of the premiership has the 4 best teams in the league faced each other in the same day, this is a first..

Gonna be one hell of an afternoon in front of the tele...

Arsenal have the most to lose out of today, if they don't come away with a win from Old Trafford then it's a decent shout that their ***le aspirations are over. Even this early 13 points is a hell of a gap. But given how Ferdinand was made look like a complete and utter arse the other night then I'm sure Arsenal will be relishing taking him on, plus they won't give the ball away as easily as Celtic. But it's just as easy to make a case for United, scoring goals for fun, confidence will be sky high and their recent record against the Arsenal is in their favour as well.

As for Chelsea Liverpool, think home advantage is the key component here, Chelsea unbeaten in the league there for what 2 years now, although maybe resting Gerrard the other night will prove a masterstroke by Benitez and he'll inspire them to their first league win under Benitez.

Either way 2 cracking matches in prospect.

I assume your not remembering the last 3 or 4 Utd V Arse games?

Easily the most boring games in the history of the Premiership.

well it wasn't a dissapppointing match this time round, Lehman getting the ball smack bang in the face was the moment of the match for me, great stuff all round.

Still have to wonder how that clown Graham Poll is allowed to ref such a high profile game, bizarre stuff really.

Chelsea yet again doing the business and showing plenty of character yet again. Corker of a goal for Drogba giving Reina no hope. Liverpool can have no complaints.

Blackburn off the bottom of the table with their first win against Man City. Scoreless at White Hart Lane between Fulham and Spurs, although going on reports their fans don't sound too pleased. First league goals for Duff and Martins as Newcastle pick up a rare win in London, still don't know what the story is with Given, doesn't bode well though when your keeper is stretchered off, just hope he's fit for the qualifiers otherwise we're double ducked, more so than the norm that is.

I watched the double header earlier, Chelsea v Liverpool & Man U v Arsenal.

Both games where really enjoyable & unpreditable. Both games could of easy ended as draws.

Drogba showed that he is a good player, as long as he stays on his feet. Arsenal deserved a win today & this should help them kick start they're season.

All Round Better Performance by Liverpool, I wouldnt rule them out of the ***le race, this is going to be one of the closest ***le races for a long time... I still have face, Chelsea looked very vunerable still and not the team they were last season, united showed that they can lose, and arsenal showed they can scrap out a result..
Liverpool showed some real potential, they had 4 or 5 chances that they should of finished...

Don't really see why Ballack was sent off... and I only saw the highlights, but Graham Poll makes Tappe Henning look like a genius.

Ballack should get an extra 3 match suspension for what he did

Dirty ,premeditated and there should be no place in footy for **** like that.

As for the game i thought we were very dissapointing again, poor finishing and a failure to keep the ball with the extra man really let us down. Chelsea deserved the win and i dont see anyone challenging them again this year.

I like the look of our squad this year, but i dont think we can really challenge the likes of Chelsea for another year.Given time, i think the Kuyt Bellamy partnership could be one of the best in the EPL.

But two penaltie shouts and hitting the post twice would have won us the game on another day.
[/b]

POINT OF ORDER : One of the hitting-the-post none-goals (Ie a shot off target) led directly to the Hibbert none-penalty so it wouldn't of. Let's put that one to bed right now. ;) :p

If we are going on paralell universes then Ballack wouldn't have been sent off 'cause Sissoko wouldn't have been running round like a headless chicken fouling anything that moves and wouldn't have been on the pitch to stamp on.

Chelsea had a decent penalty claim of their own and it does seem pretty rich for Liverpool to be whingeing about penalties considering the numerous dodgy ones they themselves have received.

Guys, I read and heard on the radio that the BBC would make some revelation about the way the premiership clubs were managed. This was supposed to happen during their Panorama emission. So what did happen?

Guys, I read and heard on the radio that the BBC would make some revelation about the way the premiership clubs were managed. This was supposed to happen during their Panorama emission. So what did happen?
[/b]

Much ado about nothing. Lots of wannabe agents talking about who'll take bribes. Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp both look fairly drity but nothing concrete

*Watch it here*

If we are going on paralell universes then Ballack wouldn't have been sent off 'cause Sissoko wouldn't have been running round like a headless chicken fouling anything that moves and wouldn't have been on the pitch to stamp on. [/b]

Let's go back further in time - Riley got conned for Sissoko's first yellow card.

Latest posts