• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

rumuors have it that real madrid are gunning for tevez, apparently there willing to table a bid in the 22 million mark.

I may as well bring up the case again about Everton's good ole match fixing against Manchester United, and their 3rd party influence... Tim Howard who has agreed to move to Everton from Manchester United in the summer was not allowed to play against Manchester United but was against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and every other team even tho a deal had been agreed, so where is your good ole clubs morale stance on that... Your best keeper wasn't allowed to play because of some Gentlemen's Agreeement... what a load of crap... And also they additional money you will now recieve from Manchester United because they have won the league... Oh yeah thats honest and upheld...
[/b]

I know you aren't having much luck in this thread but that really is quite a tenuous straw you are clutching at their Charlie...we took him on a season-long loan (in which, under league rules, he woldn't have been able to play for us against Utd) but we wanted to make the deal permanent ASAP. They agreed to make the deal permanent under the gentleman's agreement that the original clause stayed in place.

The reason this went to a Liverpool based arguement was to do with the comments from Neil Warnock on their weakened side against Fulham after the Champions League Semi Final in Mid-week against Chelsea which went to Extra Time, he belived we should of fielded our best squad, which we did taking into account exhaustion...
[/b]

Come on...even you don't believe that.

<div class='quotemain'>
I may as well bring up the case again about Everton's good ole match fixing against Manchester United, and their 3rd party influence... Tim Howard who has agreed to move to Everton from Manchester United in the summer was not allowed to play against Manchester United but was against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and every other team even tho a deal had been agreed, so where is your good ole clubs morale stance on that... Your best keeper wasn't allowed to play because of some Gentlemen's Agreeement... what a load of crap... And also they additional money you will now recieve from Manchester United because they have won the league... Oh yeah thats honest and upheld...
[/b]

I know you aren't having much luck in this thread but that really is quite a tenuous straw you are clutching at their Charlie...we took him on a season-long loan (in which, under league rules, he woldn't have been able to play for us against Utd) but we wanted to make the deal permanent ASAP. They agreed to make the deal permanent under the gentleman's agreement that the original clause stayed in place.

The reason this went to a Liverpool based arguement was to do with the comments from Neil Warnock on their weakened side against Fulham after the Champions League Semi Final in Mid-week against Chelsea which went to Extra Time, he belived we should of fielded our best squad, which we did taking into account exhaustion...
[/b]

Come on...even you don't believe that. [/b][/quote]

I do actually believe that, we fielded our second string side against Fulham, but it was the best available squad, in the circumstances... If you don't understand the basics of Squad Rotation you obviously don't know anything about football, successful side rotate their squads, they do it in European Football, just because you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the G14 clubs, in the UK and Europe, because they have more money than your club have you seem to have to take it out on them, we have managed to have good investment and you basically jealous... Thats the only thing I can think off because your so retarded to realise that what I am saying is correct, you have never been in the position where you have been in the Semi Final of a European Cup, so you obviously cannot relate to Liverpool/Rafa's situation... I would put serious money that if David Moyes was in the managerial role at Liverpool, he would of rested his players from the Champions League Semi Final, I also believe that Neil Warnock would of done the same... the problem being people like you and him are very small minded...

On the Tim Howard situation how can you not deny that the loan system is stupid, I believe any player on loan should be allowed to play against the club they are on loan... I believe Scott Carson should of been allowed to play against us Yesterday... but on the Tim Howard situation you have actually agreed to a third party request that does not play, even tho a deal has been brokered and the permanant move has been agreed, I believe he should of been allowed to play against Manchester United...

why?? the deal was going to take place in the offseason. until then he was a utd player. they may have agreed about the transfer but if Howard had a long-term career threatning injury before the transfer window opened im sure everton would cancel that deal.

The Deal had been signed in the January Transfer, hence why alot of the Press in this country picked up on it... All I am trying to say is Level Playing Field... In that game it wasn't as Manchester United Knew that they would have to play their second/third choice keeper, so already had an advantage...

I feel the loan system needs to be looked at, maybe even take it to the point where you are not allowed to loan players to the same team in the league, like it was before, it would be a lot fairer that way... also it would stop the "big" clubs from buying up all the young talents and loaning them out...

I do actually believe that, we fielded our second string side against Fulham, but it was the best available squad, in the circumstances... If you don't understand the basics of Squad Rotation you obviously don't know anything about football, successful side rotate their squads, they do it in European Football, just because you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the G14 clubs, in the UK and Europe, because they have more money than your club have you seem to have to take it out on them, we have managed to have good investment and you basically jealous... Thats the only thing I can think off because your so retarded to realise that what I am saying is correct, you have never been in the position where you have been in the Semi Final of a European Cup, so you obviously cannot relate to Liverpool/Rafa's situation... I would put serious money that if David Moyes was in the managerial role at Liverpool, he would of rested his players from the Champions League Semi Final, I also believe that Neil Warnock would of done the same... the problem being people like you and him are very small minded...

On the Tim Howard situation how can you not deny that the loan system is stupid, I believe any player on loan should be allowed to play against the club they are on loan... I believe Scott Carson should of been allowed to play against us Yesterday... but on the Tim Howard situation you have actually agreed to a third party request that does not play, even tho a deal has been brokered and the permanant move has been agreed, I believe he should of been allowed to play against Manchester United...
[/b]

Squad rotation? Okay...................simple question. Did he pick that team at Craven Cottage to increase his chances against Fulham or to increase his chances against Milan.

Also going to back to the Chelsea game in 98 : Were Chelsea naive not to rest players against Bolton because he had a European tie coming up the way Raffa did against Portsmouth?

Two simple questions. No need to get all arrogant and start calling me small minded and retarded 'cause I think the game should still have a bit of integrity.

You can pontificate about chips on shoulders all you want but basically your mindset has the league as an inconvenient afterthought 'cause your manager only cares about the European games. You can sit down there and milk the midweek glory but I'm guessing you aren't paying £35 a throw plus travel expenses at the weekend to go and see a bunch af foreign no-marks make ***s of themselves. The facts are Raffa's second string is a bunch of dickheads...in the bread and butter of the Premier League, those inconvenient games he has to play at weekend, people's clubs are getting shafted 'cause of his squad selections.

As Warnock said...what goes around comes around.

As to the Howard situation we wanted to sign him, they wouldn't do the deal 'cause they'd then have to face him in a crunch at Goodison. We agreed to keep the original clause in place...so basically the net result was the same. Them's the breaks.

How can there be a third party agreement between two clubs?
[/b]

What happens is Tevez is contracted to a club but he is, in effect, owned by another entity. By this I mean the Carlos Tevez's footballing services are a product offered to the club by another company in this case Media Sports International ran by Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian.

It's against the rules 'cause it can lead to a conflict of interest Ie what if one MSI player had a chance to make sure another MSI player won the league by throwing a game.

I knew that, i was talking about the Tim Howard deal

but on the Tim Howard situation you have actually agreed to a third party request that does not play[/b]

Two teams doesnt equal a third party agreement

I knew that, i was talking about the Tim Howard deal

but on the Tim Howard situation you have actually agreed to a third party request that does not play[/b]

Two teams doesnt equal a third party agreement
[/b]

Well technically it does...there's Everton, Tim Howard and Utd, 3 parties.

It all arose 'cause we wanted him signed up ASAP so as not to get into a bidding war after the transfer window re-opened. We could tie up the deal 'cause he was already at Everton. United didn't want to do this because whilst on loan under league rules he wouldn't be able to play against them in the crunch game a few weeks before the end of the season. An advantage they didn't want to give up.

We agreed with them not to play him in this fixture in return for them signing the deal early. Ultimately, one way or the other, there was no way he was ever going to be able to play against them this season. Utd's prerogative I suppose.

Incidentally West Ham had a similar gentleman's agreement with Fulham over the permanent deal for Boa Morte....West Ham reneged on it however.

<div class='quotemain'> West Ham reneged on it however.
[/b]

Great word.

+REP.
[/b][/quote]

Victory through verbosity my friend...let slip the lexicon.

Now you're just being a sophisticated rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Now you're just being a sophisticated rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.
[/b]

Sound as a pound like la...y'knoworramean?

bayern have agreed to a transfer of about 17million pounds for Hargrieves to United... im not so sure about him... sure he was the best pom in the world cup last summer but he really didnt have much to beat. what was the point of carrick?? we paid overs for him and hes been fine as a holding midfielder this season. i would have went for ribery.

bayern have agreed to a transfer of about 17million pounds for Hargrieves to United... im not so sure about him... sure he was the best pom in the world cup last summer but he really didnt have much to beat. what was the point of carrick?? we paid overs for him and hes been fine as a holding midfielder this season. i would have went for ribery.
[/b]

Very good deal for Bayern that...I'd have paid £8m tops for him. He's a good busy midfield player & versatile with it but £17m seems a lot.

Bayern can go and splash out 6m of it on Barton and arguably get a better player albeit a right ratbag.

You're forgetting Scholes won't last many more seasons, so Uniteds forst choice paring will be Carrick and Hargreves after then. A good move in my opinion.

You're forgetting Scholes won't last many more seasons, so Uniteds forst choice paring will be Carrick and Hargreves after then. A good move in my opinion.
[/b]

Don't get me wrong it's undoubtedly a good buy....I just think the price tag is ludicrous.

Latest posts