• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Magazine - Fantasy Rugby

So who else chose koch(as captain) and brits and got 6 points... fail

Not as big a fail as choosing an invite to the pub over updating my team for last week! Even worse as Sam Simmons was my captain from the week before. +1 on Brits this week though, I relied on the Rugby Magazine software rather than checking the website, does anyone know if he was down to start on the original team sheet?

In other news, are we starting to see confirmation that some of us were right re: wingers / centres? I see that the team of the week (thus far) on the dashboard has two wingers in the centre.

It's not a software issue. I don't think the game can be expected to cater for last minute drop outs.

So far, I have had Freddie Burns drop out on me twice and one each from Billy Burns, Michael Rhodes and Ellis Genge ...

It's not a software issue. I don't think the game can be expected to cater for last minute drop outs.

So far, I have had Freddie Burns drop out on me twice and one each from Billy Burns, Michael Rhodes and Ellis Genge ...

Sorry, you're quite right. For software read data. My question stands though, was it a last minute drop out?

I know that the data is faulty and having (naively) relied on it I feel hard done by.

I'm not sure how last minute it was, but Brits was in the published lineup: http://www.premiershiprugby.com/2017-2018/saracens-name-team-face-worcester-warriors/

I guess you could theoretically have some kind of warning set-up in the game to cater for last minute drop-outs, but it's not a big company employing loads of staff, so I don't think it's practically possible. Even more so if it's genuinely last minute like Genge yesterday.

A more practical solution could be that one of your subs is automatically promoted as a replacement. Even if you didn't get to replace the sub, you'd get 100% of the points from one player rather than just the 50% for just the sub.

I feel like I've been particularly unlucky with drop-outs (6 so far in 5 rounds), but everyone who picked the same players is affected and every player will have at least a few over the course of the season, so I'm taking as part and parcel of the game.

I lost 3 this weekend so far, Brits, Genge and Nowell. I don't mind that much in some ways, since it's a nice way for those who had bad picks earlier to perhaps grab a few points back.

Had the chose of ether koch or waller to buy for this weekend. Chose koch and made him captain. With brits and genge my fronnt row got me 6 points after it was doubled. To add insult to injury mako got me 10 points on the bloody bench haha. cant be helped or changed its just one of those things but damn its annoying need thomas young roko and wade to have stormers :) and ashley johnson

Whether I have a good week or bad week, I just stay stuck in 17th. :confused:

After this gameweek ive gone from 3rd to 4th and down to like 140th in the world but still not doing bad.

But my squad has had to adapt massivly started out mainly wasps and chiefs now im getting more saints and falcon players in week by week. Only way to get up the table

Whether I have a good week or bad week, I just stay stuck in 17th. :confused:

To be fair Cheryl you did start a week later than everyone else, so you should give yourself some credit for not being bottom.

We're all being hit with injuries, last minute drop-outs and players scoring unexpectedly poorly but I'd say that there are definitely a few things that can make a huge difference - the choice of captain and bench players being key.

I added a second team (not in our league) using all the lessons I've learned the hard way with my initial team and it's already outscoring the original one (both weeks so far).

Last edited:
To me the season has leveled out abit with regards to points and positions. Its not all wingers getting the points now. But are there any changes you guys would like to see? Or updates with regards to positions? Or even fines for playing a player different to their match day positions?

Just curious

Latest posts