• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Magazine - Fantasy Rugby

Damn you London Irish! Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi off injured early on and Blair Cowan red carded. :mad: Other than that and an almost completely anonymous performance from Roko, I had a good night, thanks in no small part to captain Simmons. :D

Damn you London Irish! Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi off injured early on and Blair Cowan red carded. :mad: Other than that and an almost completely anonymous performance from Roko, I had a good night, thanks in no small part to captain Simmons. :D
Thought about armand or simmonds as cap and i regret iy now. Tempted for simmonds as a season captain tbh but ive put wade this week hoping for a try fest lol but also wasps to lose as a Chiefs fan haha

yendle played 41 min yet its saying i got 0 points for him i cant work out how

Thought about armand or simmonds as cap and i regret iy now. Tempted for simmonds as a season captain tbh but ive put wade this week hoping for a try fest lol but also wasps to lose as a Chiefs fan haha

yendle played 41 min yet its saying i got 0 points for him i cant work out how
Probably earnt himself some minus points

Decent evening for me, with captain Simmonds' performance adding a particularly nice bit of icing on the cake.

2 tries from Denny justified me keeping him in and Woodburn chipped in with another try from 13 (ahem ...).

Still got 11 of my starting XV and 2 subs yet to play too.

Actually - it looks like the 4 starters and 6 subs that have played managed to outscore my entire 23 from last week :)

The Burns brothers managed to screw me over royally this weekend!

Freddie scored 0 and Billy didn't even play which is infuriating considering that I only signed him to have an actual 10 starting. In hindsight, I wish I'd just played James at 10. He got me 16 points as a sub but had I put him at 10, I would have got 32 and I could have put another player on the bench to get me something at least.

Probably earnt himself some minus points

He missed a tackle and conceded a turnover, so -3. If I'm reading the stats right (it's a shame there aren't tooltips on all the abbreviations to make it easier to interpret), Exeter didn't win a single lineout while he was on the field which seems incredible.

Edit: Kieran Brookes managed to score a zero for me in week one conceding a turnover and a penalty and missing two tackles (-7) cancelling out the six tackles and less than 60 minutes appearance points he scored.

Last edited:

I was tossing up between Woodburn, Ewers and Simmonds for my captain and guessed that Chiefs' forwards would run rampant in the sort of loose game that would suit Simmonds. Nice to get a call right! It will be interesting to see who gets the nod once Ewers and Waldrom are back to fitness for Chiefs.

It looks like I didn't get a lot out of yesterday's games, so I'm relying on my Wasps and Quins to drag me back up the table this afternoon.

I was tossing up between Woodburn, Ewers and Simmonds for my captain and guessed that Chiefs' forwards would run rampant in the sort of loose game that would suit Simmonds. Nice to get a call right! It will be interesting to see who gets the nod once Ewers and Waldrom are back to fitness for Chiefs.

It looks like I didn't get a lot out of yesterday's games, so I'm relying on my Wasps and Quins to drag me back up the table this afternoon.

Ewers
Armand
Simmonds

Kvesic on bench

Need to phase out waldrom and simmonds seems to be stepping up and holding his own. Dave dennis to lock or bench as lock cover

I'd have Kvesic over Ewers. Armand isn't a 7.

Ive only seen one game how is kvesic doing?
Ewers carrying is a powerful weapon though.

Sam simmonds though, what is he 20? He seems to be smashing it. 4 or 5 trys in 3 games? and showing what he can do? Future with england? England have gone from no depth for flankers to having curry twins, underhill and simmonds all showing they have what it takes to be future stars at such a young age.

When we get Devoto Ewers and LCD back i think thats when we start to dominate like the end of last season because them players in the 23 as well gives us more strength on the bench meaning it makes a real impact.

Really do rate ewers its a shame hes always injured, but his powerful carrying along side same simmonds power and mobility. And armand as well in attack at least i much prefer that to kvesic tbh

Ive only seen one game how is kvesic doing?
Ewers carrying is a powerful weapon though.

Sam simmonds though, what is he 20? He seems to be smashing it. 4 or 5 trys in 3 games? and showing what he can do? Future with england? England have gone from no depth for flankers to having curry twins, underhill and simmonds all showing they have what it takes to be future stars at such a young age.

Simmonds is something like 22. Obviously not old, but not as young as you'd think.

Two weeks in & I still have absolutely no clue how the scoring system works. Players I expected to bring in big points have scored low & players who don't appear to have done a lot have scored massively!

Two weeks in & I still have absolutely no clue how the scoring system works. Players I expected to bring in big points have scored low & players who don't appear to have done a lot have scored massively!

The help section explains the scoring system, correlating this to the stats for any given player can be a bit of a head scratcher though. Having only ever played the ESPN fantasy leagues, which place very heavy emphasis on tries and assists in the past, this scoring system has required a bit of an attitude adjustment. This system appears to reward all areas of the game more equally. If anything, my guess at the moment is that it rewards prolific carriers slightly disproportionately. Just a guess.

It's interesting because I think it is making me look at player performance in a slightly different way.

I can honestly say I've never waited for team announcements and injury updates as eagerly as I do now!

The stats can be very revealing when it comes to some players and help to debunk some myths here and there. However, I don't think being statistically good necessarily correlates to a good performance in real life. For example, Beno Obano is an unheralded player that's really stood out to me as one of Bath's better performers so far this season but if you hadn't seen him play and just took a look at his stats/points on the game, you probably wouldn't come away with that impression.

The props that make metres are the ones that score the most points as its a point per metre gained for them same kinda with locks but point per 4 metres. Obv try scorers.

But hookers are a tough one for me. Have to make the same metres as a back rower which is harder. Yendle let me down but im not a huge fan, hes a solid player but doesnt stand out and excell at scoring.

Sinkler....lions prop and great quality player. Ha's only got 32 points from four games. I keep keeping him thinking hes going to start smashing it lol but so far ive had him on the bench and got 16 points from 4 games haha

Sinkler....lions prop and great quality player. Ha's only got 32 points from four games. I keep keeping him thinking hes going to start smashing it lol but so far ive had him on the bench and got 16 points from 4 games haha

I know what you mean, I thought Sinckler was going to be a weapon in this game, but he definitely hasn't been so far.

In fairness, he's barely carried so far this season, so a break or two would definitely help his cause.

So who else chose koch(as captain) and brits and got 6 points... fail

Latest posts