• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Setanta Challenge: USA Eagles v Munster World Cup Send-Off Match

O

O'Rothlain

card_front22.jpg

I just came across this tonight. What a great idea...especially for USA Rugby. I do believe our National Team at it's best could compete with some of the top European Clubs...we'll see. I have faith in our boys...maybe not the faith to say we're in the top ten, or would win the world cup, but faith that we pack some talent in our national ranks...at least I hope so. I regard Munster as being one of the top clubs in the world, so it will be a great match any way you look at it!

Hmm, Munster brand rugby, a great way to convert the masses there.

And Ian Dowling on the Advert? He's fat and crap and Shane Horgan has managed to make him look like a fool every time he's played him and also managed to burn him on the outside. Ridiculous.

Hopefully they will play couple of games in South Florida too
[/b]
Right, so if you read the advert, you'll notice it's a single match outside of Chicago. Sorry, buddy.

So are you American or Irish for this one?
[/b]
I'm Irish-American...either way, I win. No, seriously, though, I know guys on our national team, so I'd like to see them do well against Munster...However, I expect a Munster win...
I'm just really excited by this.
Sorry for the ambiguity.

<div class='quotemain'>
Hopefully they will play couple of games in South Florida too
[/b]
Right, so if you read the advert, you'll notice it's a single match outside of Chicago. Sorry, buddy.[/b][/quote]

I wouldn't be supprised if there's a few games played while they're out in the states as their pre-season tour. Although going all the way to South Florida, in the mid-August heat, when their main game is in Chicago will be unlikely.

already posted this, anyway who do you know on the national team O'Rothlain - doesn't Hayden Mexted play in St. Louis, is he related to Murray?

And Ian Dowling on the Advert? He's fat and crap and Shane Horgan has managed to make him look like a fool...
[/b]

Yeah, but one fat, crap leinster player making another fat, crap munster player look like a fool really isn't that impressive.

Come on, Horgan is without a doubt one of the tubbiest wingers out there.
I'm surprised he can pick up as much speed as he seems to.

From what I hear Munster will only be playing 2 pre-season tests. Not sure where/against who the second will be. Also not to put a dampner on it but I can't see a strong squad going considering the national teams preperations will be taking centre stage!

already posted this, anyway who do you know on the national team O'Rothlain - doesn't Hayden Mexted play in St. Louis, is he related to Murray?
[/b]
Hayden Mexted...and I have no clue. He is a kiwi...uhm...I mean "American." ;)
I played rugby with him with the St. Louis Bombers.

And, I think I beat you to posting this. Maybe not...I'm ultra competitive. :D
~edit~
I stand corrected...you beat me to posting this...ahhhhhhhhh! :wah:

It will be good to see Munster play the Eagles, Munster have a forward oriented game and the Eagles have some huge players. I can't wait for this one.

<div class='quotemain'>
And Ian Dowling on the Advert? He's fat and crap and Shane Horgan has managed to make him look like a fool...
[/b]

Yeah, but one fat, crap leinster player making another fat, crap munster player look like a fool really isn't that impressive.
[/b][/quote]

Shane Horgan is 6 foot 4 and 18 stone. If you want to go to his face and tell him he's fat I'll show you where Leinster train.

Maybe he's not fat but he is crap. [/b]

That's a fairly stupid thing to say. At present he's one of Ireland's most important players and he's improved hugely in the last few years.

He still can't pass or kick thoughh.

A winger is only as good as the people around him make him look with the exception of Denis Hickie and Horgan has been made to look good by those around him.

A winger is only as good as the people around him make him look with the exception of Denis Hickie and Horgan has been made to look good by those around him. [/b]

******** is he. I'm about as un-Irish and you can get, but even I don't think that. He has been one of the most improved players in Europe over recent seasons, and was one of the few to come back from the 2005 Lions tour with his reputation not only in tact, but enhanced.

I was at Twickenham a couple of years ago when Ireland claimed the Triple Crown, and his finishing on that day was world class. However much it pained me to see it.

People see him simply as a battering ram, but they guy has added a lot more to his game than that - great hands, support play, awareness and a suprising turn of pace. With Ireland's lack of depth amongst the back three at the moment, he will be a vital player come the RWC.

Don't think he's fat...he just has a bit of a wobbly D4 face (although he's from Meath or somewhere).

And I agree with Webby, he might look like he's doing nothing, but he is very strong in defense, and plays a drift defense very well. His passing needs improvement, as does his kicking, but when you are as quick as him why bother?

I used to dislike him because he broke a bouncers jaw in Galway one night. He still seems liek a bit of a twat, but I like him on the wing. Who else would ahve caught that O'Gara kick against England? Not Trimble, not Hickie.

Latest posts