Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Everyone in the South African conference knows how difficult it is to win in Durbs.

So do Aussie and Kiwi sides, have to turn up with respect because thats the 1st step to beating the Sharks or any side in Super Rugby for that matter.

A little fact i just read up on..."The Sharks have beaten the Blues in their last six matches and the Blues have not won in Durban since 2004." Anyone want to rethink their original predictions?

Nope - i'll go with my original prediction of a Blues win.

But please do note (in response to a previous post of yours): I am not a Sharks "hater", I'm a Blues Supporter.

Just thought i'd have some banter with you Durbanites before we give you the bash on the weekend ;)

Nope - i'll go with my original prediction of a Blues win.

But please do note (in response to a previous post of yours): I am not a Sharks "hater", I'm a Blues Supporter.

Just thought i'd have some banter with you Durbanites before we give you the bash on the weekend ;)

Good to know...thanks bud, Enjoy the game...only 30% chance of rain so hopefully it stays dry today.

At Kings Park for the 14:30 Vodacom cup game

It's fairly hot, bunches of humidity and no ominous looking clouds (well there is a big one a few kilometers off the coast, but they should head over the Bluff and miss the stadium)
Bar the humidity, tis a perfect day for rugga

New Zealanders can't play a forwards dominated game, because NZ don't have any proper Blindside flanks ideal for ball carrying and adding weight to a well excecuted maul.
<_< your either on the **** or taking it.

Speaking of proper blindsides, Kaino is the best going round at the moment

It's hot enough that the ref is ordering water breaks, hope it cools down for the main game

Sharks XV doing very well, dominating the game, Bulls had very little possesion
8-3 to the Sharks, 32 minutes gone

Man o man, WHAT A MATCH!!! The way we started off was amazing. Magnificent first half, the Blues got back into it a little bit in the second half and we should really be grateful for Ndungane's try saving tackle on Ranger. One other thing I have to get off my chest: Great kicking this match from Lambie. Not only the penalties and conversions but also the place kicking from the 22, especially that ball around the 60th minute where we were seriously under pressure and he kicked it 60 metres in field and it bounced for a line-out 5 metres from the Blues tryline.

Mealamu had some trouble with an injury but the scrums were still amazing from both sides.

The Sharks passing was absolutely refreshing comparing it to the other matches I've seen this weekend with that quick hand-to-hand ball passing in the first half which almost resulted in a try but Lambie.

Alberts also should have passed the ball to McLeod in the second half when 3(!) Sharks were heading towards the try line against only 1 defender. Bad, bad decision making there from Alberts, who will be Smith's replacement in the World Cup I assume

109KG Kaino V Alberts 118kg...we know who won that battle today...
Again your game can't be forward dominated...u needs your backs to win the games 4 u guys.

Great win, but should have scored at least 2 more tries, made some errors...

The ball was slippery because of the humidity. I always play with a base layer because the long sleeves can help in the case of a slippery ball. These games should be won. Bonus points can be won against the Rebels, Force, Highlanders and Lions. Also I think Alberts had a shocker of a match. He can do much better

Well havent seen the full game only highlights, I tried to stay up but fell asleep and it looked like a good game. Dissapointed we lost but we lost to a good side.

Same from this end. We won against a good team. Beating the Crusaders last week and with Kaino, Toeava, Rokocoko, Williams, Mealamu and Ranger they have a pretty good team who can go on and win it this year. They just need some more luck with the attacking flow. I am so proud we haven't given away any tries in 2 full games and we are going on tour now. Western Force, Rebels, Chiefs and Crusaders... I am pretty sure we can beat the first 2 and we should take at least a point in each of the NZ matches.

...........and keiren Reid(originally a blindside flanker before switching to 8 to accomodate the AB's), Adam Thompsonand Vito is one for the future.

109KG Kaino V Alberts 118kg...we know who won that battle today...
Again your game can't be forward dominated...u needs your backs to win the games 4 u guys.

Yet Kaino is still a class above and contributed the Blues forward dominance in the second half. He didn't have the same impact with ball in hand but the again the Sharks unlikely the Blues were actually tackling.

Missed the first half but from what I can tell it was a complete non event, some good attacking intent from both sides but absolutely no execution. Appropriate in the end that only an intercept and an accidental double deflection from a grubber separated them

Boring South Africa style of play????? The Bulls are the only team that can be called boring. The other teams always try to keep ball in hand. Last week it rained in Durban so no chance of a nice running game. I agree that the Boks gameplan is flippin boring...it needs to be based on keeping possession and building momentum with the big Forwards. Also Sharks are coached by a New Zealander...so maybe it is the boring New Zealand style u talking about? Think it over....New Zealanders can't play a forwards dominated game, because NZ don't have any proper Blindside flanks ideal for ball carrying and adding weight to a well excecuted maul.

Plumtree is a great coach...he has mixed physical South African play with the ball in hand approach of New Zealand. You should be proud to have such a great ambassador such as Plum. Very Happy he has made Durban his home; Plumtree...what a Legend!!!!

This post... I dont have words for this situation.

Surprised Lambie made his kicks, because during warm-up he missed nearly every kick at the postys

Am I correct in saying the 19 was Lambert Groenewald? Announcer was verty clear when he said "number 19 is on for Kankowksi"

Decent game, but not as good as the Vodacom match that preceded it (Sharks won 30-18 IIRC)
More stupid mistakes from McLeod, if he is going to try and make those little darts, he needs to do it when there is at least one supporting player around

The crowd was awfully unhappy with Mr. Jaco Pyper's performance with the whistle
Haven't a chance to see the replays of Eugene van Staden's little grubber, from where I was it looked as though the ball bounced off the Blued player's foot, and then hit his hand

By the way, for the record, Stephen Brett is terrible. I've said it consistantly over the past two years, and I'll say it again. Stephen Brett is awful. Joe Rokocoko had a good game though.

My Mistake- Alberts is 119KG.

Sharks Roundup-

Sharks XV Beat Blue Bulls 30-19 in Durban.

Good performers were Kobus De Kock, Mark Richards, Adrian Jacobs, Marcell Coetzee and Francois Kleinhans. Adi man of Match...set up the last 2 winning tries with great acceleration and quick hands.

The Sharks beat Blues 26-12 in Durban.

Top Performers- hard to pin point players...was a solid team effort.

News-

The Sharks squad that Leave today or have already left for their 4 match tour. They will miss the high Humidity of March and return to a lot less Humid Durban. They are also going to see some very nice weather in New Zealand this time of year.

The Touring squad is.
Willem Alberts
Meyer Bosman
Jacques Botes
Anton Bresler
Craig Burden
Keegan Daniel
Bismarck du Plessis
Jannie du Plessis
Alistair Hargreaves
Conrad Hoffmann
Adrian Jacobs
Ryan Kankowski
Patrick Lambie
Louis Ludik
Charl McLeod
Tendai Mtawarira
Lwazi Mvovo
Odwa Ndungane
JP Pietersen
Jacques-Louis Potgieter
John Smit
Riaan Swanepoel
Steven Sykes
Stefan Terblanche
Herbst/Chadwick....Van Staden injured his AC Joint and will be out for around 6 weeks.

The almost fit Jean Deysel will first be playing a Vodacom Cup game or two and might be flown over, but it is expected that he will join the Superrugby squad when they return. If A looseforward were to get injured though Deysel could make an earlier return. Tian Meyer should also be flown over if one of our 2 scrummies go down with injury.

By the way, for the record, Stephen Brett is terrible. I've said it consistantly over the past two years, and I'll say it again. Stephen Brett is awful. Joe Rokocoko had a good game though.

Agree 100%...he has always been a weaklink. Luke will hopefully be at 10 next week.

I tend to ignore JJR's posts, they're always so heavily Sharks/South Africa bias, that it's not worth it.

Good on ya...i would too...

Same from this end. We won against a good team. Beating the Crusaders last week and with Kaino, Toeava, Rokocoko, Williams, Mealamu and Ranger they have a pretty good team who can go on and win it this year. They just need some more luck with the attacking flow. I am so proud we haven't given away any tries in 2 full games and we are going on tour now. Western Force, Rebels, Chiefs and Crusaders... I am pretty sure we can beat the first 2 and we should take at least a point in each of the NZ matches.

If Chiefs keep going like they are we should take them too, but you never know what to get with them. Crusaders is also still bit unknown since the Earthquake...it will disrupt their preparations 4 sure. We have a very nice draw this year.

Must give props to the Blues...they did really well, but Brett screwed it up and Humidity made it difficult for them to keep ball in the contact points. Think they playing the Lions in Jo'burg...awesome conditions for the Blues style...Lions are very much improved, but they keep wasting chances and i think the Blues will take the Lions to be Honest.

To Emphasize my Blindside Flank point and Dominated forwards game.

SA- Alberts-119kg Deysel-113kg Danie Rossouw- 120kg Francois Louw- 113kg...then lighter Burger 112kg and Juan Smith 107kg.
NZ- Kaino-109kg, Read?-105kg...could be more, but that is what stats say. Who else? Need Luaki back in team.
Aus- Elsom, similar to Juan Smith weight...then who? Palu plays 8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts