• Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
News-
It Seems The Sharks have not quite left the heat of Durban (February/March)...it seems Perth is experiencing a heat wave and the Temp hovers around 34 Celsius...that is flippin hot...

I'm sure the players will be fine in high temperatures and the Sharks have a good bench and thats where I feel they have one over on the Force. Keep Pocock honest and absorb the early pressure and I think the Sharks are good for this game and to have it set up a successful tour. They should be a good call to win against the Rebels and Chiefs as well.

I'm sure the players will be fine in high temperatures and the Sharks have a good bench and thats where I feel they have one over on the Force. Keep Pocock honest and absorb the early pressure and I think the Sharks are good for this game and to have it set up a successful tour. They should be a good call to win against the Rebels and Chiefs as well.

Agree Sharks should take those 3 wins, but how we pitch up mentally will be key. Sharks can get complacent at times, which is really frustrating to watch.
John Smit has renamed Perth...Perthfontein...think cos it is hot or cause there are many South Africans in Perth?

Agree Sharks should take those 3 wins, but how we pitch up mentally will be key. Sharks can get complacent at times, which is really frustrating to watch.
John Smit has renamed Perth...Perthfontein...think cos it is hot or cause there are many South Africans in Perth?

All the expats I know are based in Perth and call it Perthtoria. Perthfontein has a nice ring to it as well LOL.

Yeah, certainly the Force (Rebels and Chiefs as well) have what it takes to topple a bigger team that lets it guard down especially at their home ground but if we're honest those fixtures would be all but given wins for the Sharks in Durban and are still the Sharks' to lose IMO.

All the expats I know are based in Perth and call it Perthtoria. Perthfontein has a nice ring to it as well LOL.

Yeah, certainly the Force (Rebels and Chiefs as well) have what it takes to topple a bigger team that lets it guard down especially at their home ground but if we're honest those fixtures would be all but given wins for the Sharks in Durban and are still the Sharks' to lose IMO.

Ha Ha...hope to see some of them at the game...Sharks seem to get more support in Auckland from the expats...lets hope all those Bulle come out and Support an SA side in Perth.

Well said...no arguments there.

... You are dreaming with that comment pal. Reid is the best number 8 in the world right now.

What position did reid play in for the crusaders when mose tuialii and thomas waldrom were still in the team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Read

Super 14
He proceeded to play for the Crusaders in the Super 14 in 2007, and has secured his position as the starting blind-side in the team in 2008. In these few years, Read has matured as a player leaps and bounds, and was the star number 6 of the 2008 Super 14 season. He and Richie McCaw work exceptionally well together around the field, and he has become notorious for his copy-book tackles made all game long, his superb speed and running support play around the field, and his outstanding ability in turning the ball over in ruck situations.

The only reason Reid played at 8 for the AB's was because there were no other decent 8's around.......but yes i agree he is now the best 8 in world rugby and also one of my favourite players. He goes allright for a kiwi.

Last edited:
First home match for the Force, first match on tour for the Sharks... Nothing can be said about this but I truly hope we can snatch a win in Perthoria

Force to beat the Sharks by 11

Hope 4 u it comes true, but if i were a neutral i would even say you dreaming...But who really knows...u might be correct.

My Prediction, Sharks by around 10...o'connor's penalty kicks will keep force in the game, Force won't score more than 1 try...which they might not even achieve. Sharks have not conceded at try yet...and played Blues...tells a lot about The Sharks D.

First home match for the Force, first match on tour for the Sharks... Nothing can be said about this but I truly hope we can snatch a win in Perthoria

Don't worry...we will...

Hope 4 u it comes true, but if i were a neutral i would even say you dreaming...But who really knows...u might be correct.

My Prediction, Sharks by around 10...o'connor's penalty kicks will keep force in the game, Force won't score more than 1 try...which they might not even achieve. Sharks have not conceded at try yet...and played Blues...tells a lot about The Sharks D.

Don't worry...we will...

It does say a lot about the Sharks D, but more importantly (unfortunately for me), its says a lot about The Blues inability with the basic applications of rugby on a regular basis.

Of course there was some luck in it that the Blues didn't score a try but the Blues did have their chances just like their first match against the Crusaders

"Temp hovers around 34 Celsius...that is flippin hot..."

Come live in Wellington (the Boland version, not the NZ one) on your average February/January day it's around 40 (if we're lucky) unless it's 43+-

Of course there was some luck in it that the Blues didn't score a try but the Blues did have their chances just like their first match against the Crusaders

Yeah but when a team drops the ball 26 times in a game you have to say they are lacking basics.
And you can come back and say "pressure" all you want, but the fact is, there is no way in the world that "pressure" accounted for every one of those dropped balls. I wouldn't even say a quarter.
That is just poor passing and catching from Super Rugby's Jeykll and Hyde team (Geez- and that used to be the Hurricanes moniker)

It had nothing to do with lack of basics, we also dropped the ball a lot. It was very humid and the ball slipped out of everybody's arms. I always wear a base layer to prevent a ball from slipping when it's wet. The fabric sticks to it a little bit. I learned that from my father in law who played with long sleeves because of that. Why can't professionals think of that?

Have to disagree with you there. Sharks didn't drop the ball 26 times did they?

Off topic...what 22 would you like to see 4 NZ in the world Cup?

It's a bit early to say yet, but I've got a fairly clear blue print in my head, with a few spaces up for debate.

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. Owen Franks
4. Brad Thorn
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw
8. Kieren Read
9. Piri Weepu
10. Daniel Carter
11. Hosea Gear
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Cory Jane/Sitivini Sivivatu
15. Mils Muliaina/Cory Jane

16. Andrew Hore
17. John Afoa
18. Chris Jack/Ali Williams
19. Victor Vito/Adam Thompson
20. Alby Mathewson/Jimmie Cowan
21. Luke McAlister
22. Israel Dagg/Mils Muliaina

Depending on form, any of those could work. I'd ideally love to see Victor Vito, Joe Rokocoko and Luke McAlister find their form in time for the RWC, but it'll be interesting to see if it happens.

It does say a lot about the Sharks D, but more importantly (unfortunately for me), its says a lot about The Blues inability with the basic applications of rugby on a regular basis.

Ok...a bit of Both then...But don't be so hard on your guys, the Humidity made it difficult to keep the ball in contact...also not in contact (S. Brett).
I see you guys causing some serious havoc in Jo'burg this weekend. The conditions if it stays dry are perfect for a fast running game...that is why Kankowski always dominates when he plays in Jo'Burg. Gets man of the match almost everytime in Jo'burg against Lions.

Last edited:
Ok...a bit of Both then...But don't be so hard on your guys, the Humidity made it difficult to keep the ball in contact...also not in contact (S. Brett).
I see you guys causing some serious havoc in Jo'burg this weekend. The conditions if it stays dry are perfect for a fast running game...that is why Kankowski always dominates when he plays in Jo'Burg. Gets man of the match almost everytime in Jo'burg against Lions.

Yes, the conditions will be better in Jo'burg but in my mind that favours the Lions possibly more than the Blues as I think an arm wrestle in heavy conditions would be a sure win for the blues whereas an open game played at pace suits both and the Lions more probably as they can keep the ball away from the Blues' great pack, Aussie style, which puts them in the game with a chance. A great deal will depend on how the ref blows the breakdown.

Yes, the conditions will be better in Jo'burg but in my mind that favours the Lions possibly more than the Blues as I think an arm wrestle in heavy conditions would be a sure win for the blues whereas an open game played at pace suits both and the Lions more probably as they can keep the ball away from the Blues' great pack, Aussie style, which puts them in the game with a chance. A great deal will depend on how the ref blows the breakdown.

Will def. be a close game...if Elton gets his kicking percentage up to 80% 4 the game it will help Lions a lot. Will be a great game to watch, just hoping weather stays Clear. I have a feeling the Lions might lose by a couple a points again; but i will be hoping they can take the Win; they do deserve some points.

Will def. be a close game...if Elton gets his kicking percentage up to 80% 4 the game it will help Lions a lot. Will be a great game to watch, just hoping weather stays Clear. I have a feeling the Lions might lose by a couple a points again; but i will be hoping they can take the Win; they do deserve some points.

For me its one of those games that could be a blow-out either way or a draw and I wouldn't be surprised; it all depends on which team is the best geared up mentally.

Latest posts