• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

You think the people working there currently are working their arses off? We are paying some of the highest rates in the developed world for our services and getting **** poor value for money.

I'd say the batting average would be quite a bit higher than a public body equivalent. Unfortunately.

(I do agree with your premise - all primary infrastructure should be publically owned. But that elephant in the room needs sorted first. Look at the MET police, they have openly admitted they can't get rid of people they want to.)

I'd say the batting average would be quite a bit higher than a public body equivalent. Unfortunately.

(I do agree with your premise - all primary infrastructure should be publically owned. But that elephant in the room needs sorted first. Look at the MET police, they have openly admitted they can't get rid of people they want to.)
I'd say the inability to get rid of people is not a problem of public ownership per se and a problem of employment laws for public workers. Though linked, the 2 issues are not the same.

I'd say the inability to get rid of people is not a problem of public ownership per se and a problem of employment laws for public workers. Though linked, the 2 issues are not the same.

That I can 100% agree with.

But right now, one comes with the other. If employment law can be sorted, then my reservations disappear.

I have no doubt removing said laws would result in many good workers losing their job due to management etc not liking them or wanting a friend or family member getting the job.

I've been there and seen it for myself when I was a student. People are treated like absolute crap at the bottom rung of the work ladder.

I have no doubt removing said laws would result in many good workers losing their job due to management etc not liking them or wanting a friend or family member getting the job.

I've been there and seen it for myself when I was a student. People are treated like absolute crap at the bottom rung of the work ladder.
There is a balance to be had. Companies have got to be able to get rid of underperforming people but also shouldn't be able to get rid of people on a whim. Unfortunately only part of that is legal, the other part is the culture of the country and we have a culture in this country that the more wealthy you are, the more right you are and somehow the more entitled to things you are. A poor person isn't entitled to £100 a week to keep them from starving but a wealthy person is entitled to millions through tax dodges, exploitation etc etc.

Get a few million and say you are giving it to the needy and people go nuts. Take that same amount and say you are giving it to a select few individuals off the back of some dodgy procurement process and nobody bats an eyelid. Tax avoidance and **** poor pay cost this country vastly more than benefits (real and fraud) but your well trained daily mail reader has convinced themselves the real problem are the poor, often whilst being poor themselves. A prime example of indoctrination, making people believe that their own self interest is the exact opposite of their actual self interest.

There is a balance to be had. Companies have got to be able to get rid of underperforming people but also shouldn't be able to get rid of people on a whim. Unfortunately only part of that is legal, the other part is the culture of the country and we have a culture in this country that the more wealthy you are, the more right you are and somehow the more entitled to things you are. A poor person isn't entitled to £100 a week to keep them from starving but a wealthy person is entitled to millions through tax dodges, exploitation etc etc.

Get a few million and say you are giving it to the needy and people go nuts. Take that same amount and say you are giving it to a select few individuals off the back of some dodgy procurement process and nobody bats an eyelid. Tax avoidance and **** poor pay cost this country vastly more than benefits (real and fraud) but your well trained daily mail reader has convinced themselves the real problem are the poor, often whilst being poor themselves. A prime example of indoctrination, making people believe that their own self interest is the exact opposite of their actual self interest.
That bit is key and I can give you an example of how twisted it can be.

So one day in my student job, two people were given a task to do. One phoned in sick and the other did the best they could. They actually did really well, but that wasn't enough for management and they issued her a warning for poor productivity. That was absolute BS and she challenged it. She won and it was reversed, but she had embarrassed management to the higher ups and they were now out to get her. Every little thing she did wrong resulted in "talks" and I'm talking about tiny insignificant things.

She quickly left before they could build a case against her. That was completely wrong and they were putting her under a lot of stress.

Last edited:
That shouldn't make me so happy
Schadenfreude GIF by MOODMAN

Trouble with the system is it's geared to prevent espionage type theft of classified material, not dickheads brazenly putting it on the internet.

I could have easily walked out of work with eyes only stuff and put it out there.

The farce continues, Twitter and Musk are all over the place and don't seem to have any idea what they are doing from one day to the next. I really don't see how Musk fans can look at all this and conclude these are the actions of a guy who knows what he's doing over a guy who is acting on impulse.

Trouble with the system is it's geared to prevent espionage type theft of classified material, not dickheads brazenly putting it on the internet.

I could have easily walked out of work with eyes only stuff and put it out there.

Indeed. Ironically and paradoxically, its extremely hard to protect against your own people's stupidity compared to an adversary's cleverness.

If true it really highlights just how weird and unhinged Musk is... It's staggering really that he got where he is because he just does not seem to be functioning properly at all. Likewise with Trump... You almost wonder if the success of these people is actually built upon the competence of others and they simply have the money to get those competent people and the money to take the risks to make more money.

Imagine if this was in the USA. That wouldn't be a BB gun in his hand.

Imagine if this was in the USA. That wouldn't be a BB gun in his hand.

The law is quite hazy here in my limited googled understanding. It seems flying it low over private property could be deemed trespass. I guess the question is what is deemed a legal response to drone trespass and what is deemed "low"...

Also staggering the number of people who fire guns into the sky forgetting that what goes up comes down. A bullet falling back to ground won't do the damage of one fired from a gun but I believe they are still capable of causing injury or damage.

Latest posts