International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

For anything on new laptops, smart phones, desktops, broadband and tech related.

Apple announced new iMacs yesterday. New IPad Pro looks insane with M1 chip. don’t like the Chin though.

Bought myself an Air with M1 chip in January. Crazy how the M1 chip has superseded Intel and AMD chips.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Will probably get at least two of these, as I'm already within apple ecosystem. Constantly losing my keys and would be useful to put in the car. But know for non-apple there is the equivalent - Tiles.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Upgraded to iOS 14.5 last night on iPhone . Tried out the Face ID with mask on not realising also need to update apple watch to watch OS 7.4. Still, it works on iPhone, but not on ipad.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

So Tesla announce they are no longer accepting bitcoin as payment, citing environmental concerns.
I wonder how much Bitcoin Elon/the board owned before they announced they'd accept it, which caused the price to skyrocket?
It lost £10k off the value when they announced they'd not accept it (bounced back by £4k now, but still massively down) - odds on them selling their bitcoin before announcement, then buying back in the slump?

Ragey Erasmus

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Will probably get at least two of these, as I'm already within apple ecosystem. Constantly losing my keys and would be useful to put in the car. But know for non-apple there is the equivalent - Tiles.
If you're losing your car I don't think these will help :p

So Tesla announce they are no longer accepting bitcoin as payment, citing environmental concerns.
I wonder how much Bitcoin Elon/the board owned before they announced they'd accept it, which caused the price to skyrocket?
It lost £10k off the value when they announced they'd not accept it (bounced back by £4k now, but still massively down) - odds on them selling their bitcoin before announcement, then buying back in the slump?

Very high I'd imagine, I'd say they are on dodgy (dogey) market manipulation ground but do the laws apply to cryptocurrency?

Akker Van Der Tigs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Leicester

Aye
Crypto is a crazy investment but damn it's scary how much influence one person has over them.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

If you're losing your car I don't think these will help.

Helped me last week locate my car last week. Parked it in a big car park. Just use maps on my phone to lead me straight to my car.