• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

Any update on this? My mom just bought a mesh system and is expecting great things from it. Had no idea what it was until I heard her talking about it.

Finally pulled the trigger on a set of 3 TP-Link Deco X50 mesh routers. They're WiFi 6 AX3000, but only dual band.

Super impressed with how easy the set-up was, great app that allows full control of the network (security, notifications of any new device, managing connected devices, guest wifi etc.). Speed is excellent and coverage is comprehensive. Probably could have made-do with a 2 piece set to cover my modest 3 bed house, but I found a deal on Amazon which made it worth getting the 3 piece.

Finally pulled the trigger on a set of 3 TP-Link Deco X50 mesh routers. They're WiFi 6 AX3000, but only dual band.

Super impressed with how easy the set-up was, great app that allows full control of the network (security, notifications of any new device, managing connected devices, guest wifi etc.). Speed is excellent and coverage is comprehensive. Probably could have made-do with a 2 piece set to cover my modest 3 bed house, but I found a deal on Amazon which made it worth getting the 3 piece.
good to hear, my parents say their internet has been much better and also cited the app as a great feature

I have Amazon Eero in the place I rent. Went from getting 15mb/s on a good day, more often about 1mb/s to getting 100+ regularly and even up to 200 (the speed right next to the router). Seamless connection through the whole house. Mesh networks are WAY better than using extenders.

Yeh I have a TP link power line to extend the range of my virgin Wi-Fi router to the kitchen. It's a bit crap in terms of speed only get round 50-60 Mbs download when I get 210 MBs in around the rest of the house.

Elon has bought his way onto the Twitter board,
Gonna end in tears, guaranteed

Really cannot stand him in the slightest

After 7,000 miles (roughly one years average mileage), an average EV have had less carbon footprint than an ICE vehicle.

Plus, with hundreds of less moving parts we will see EVs last longer and need replaced less frequently (which reduces footprint). Plus, when the chassis of an EV packs in, there is potential for reusing/recycling the battery.

If we all buy multiple Chelsea Tractor style EVs per household then yes, we are still screwed, but overall much of the stories about EVs are funded by legacy automakers who are crap at making EVs and are staring financial oblivion the face as they get almost 0% of the new sales in places like China and Scandinavia.

In more modern countries with more structured city planning it is likely we will see self driving cars and society moving away from vehicle ownership and maintenance and instead a sort of self driving Uber. This will massively reduce carbon footprint and there are ongoing pilots of such taxi services ongoing in China.

As the world goes down the toilet (environmentally and politically), EVs and battery development are one of the few things to be enthusiastic about in my opinion.

So how long until Trump is unbanned, then?

Also saw Musk, today, saying he wants to build hurricane escape tunnels in what is essentially swampland, because apparently tunnels are immune to above ground weather - guess that's what you get when you've got millions of people blowing smoke up your arse all day every day on social media

So how long until Trump is unbanned, then?
Yeh, that is my immediate fear when I read he'd bought Twitter. Truth Social is apparently a complete joke so no doubt given the chance Trump would jump at the chance to return to resume using it as a megaphone. Just depressing.

Yeh, that is my immediate fear when I read he'd bought Twitter. Truth Social is apparently a complete joke so no doubt given the chance Trump would jump at the chance to return to resume using it as a megaphone. Just depressing.
Why is that a fear?

If his policy is (as he has suggested) a true platform rather than defacto publisher then that is a good thing

And you can call him out on his BS, rather than confining him and his most militant and mental supporters to a complete echo chamber where there is no one to call him out?
Nah, he doesn't deserve to be on twitter. All he is there is divide. Trying to call him out on his BS is just playing right into his hands again.

Getting him back is only about money for twitter and creating controversy and traffic. Nothing to do with giving him the right to call him out.

I wouldn't mind trump returning. Apparently his constant Twitter whining was turning a fair few of his supporters off and not attracting any new ones. Let him continue to make a fool of himself.

Don't particularly care about Musk and twitter. It only matters if he allows its already incredibly lax moderator standards to fall. Trump was banned for spreading lies about the election. All having more lax moderation will do is bring in further calls for higher regulation of social media platforms. This is despite the complete lies spread across the Mail this morning after their latest complete failure to smear the current Labour leadership.

What I would like to see is less trending for me and more general trending some political movements are not making the noise twitters suggests when I look at actual numbers.

Ultimately its moving its from rich arseholes to another rich arsehole.

Latest posts