• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

We can include glass in ours (Cardiff), but my mum can't (Ceredigion), not sure why the disparity. Problem with that is, most of the recycling banks (glass, paper, fabric) that used to be dotted all around the place in supermarket car parks, leisure centre car parks etc. mostly seem to have gone, so the only option is to go to the local council 'official' recycling centre. Hopefully most do that on a quarterly basis or so, I collect items unsuitable for kerbside collextion and take a trip every couple months, but how many people just don't bother or don't have a car to easily do so?

You're right about council budgets though, another legacy of 12 years of austerity under Tory leadership! Well here ar least.

Where I live: black bin everyday waste, Brown recycling except paper and green bin grass and garden waste. Used to have a blue box for newspapers but they stopped collecting for that.

Have a couple of large domestic recycling centres near me. The amount of crap people dump is unbelievable.

Fly tipping a problem in certain places.

[smug]We have wheelie bins, and no sorting for the recycling[/smug]

On the other hand, there's a sneaking suspicion that it all gets sent to the incinerator, rather than recycled at all anyway :(
I don't know what happens but I'll query with the wife who works for the council on this matter. They probably won't tell her but she's usually pretty good at doing our recycling even more so than before.

Do wish people (including ourselves) were better at doing the food waste, I think it must be less than 25% take up.

The real frustrating one is garden waste which I don't understand as its a surcharge considering all the things I pay tax for I don't benefit from I don't get why I have to pay for this.

I don't know what happens but I'll query with the wife who works for the council on this matter. They probably won't tell her but she's usually pretty good at doing our recycling even more so than before.

Do wish people (including ourselves) were better at doing the food waste, I think it must be less than 25% take up.

The real frustrating one is garden waste which I don't understand as its a surcharge considering all the things I pay tax for I don't benefit from I don't get why I have to pay for this.
We've a Green on the council now, so I'm much less suspicious - if it came to her knowledge, there'd be hell to pay.

We have dogs, so the only food waste we produce is the occasional chicken carcass - and there's generally enough space in someone else's food bin for that (with permission).

Yes, it bugs me to have to pay for garden waste delivery - so we don't, especially with the size of the gardens around here. Again, though, we've 3 neighbours who consider their garden bins to be communal - once put kerbside (or they see us doing a big prune)

These are stills from an 80's movie that never was. Spoiler is an actual spoiler so only open once you've had a gander.
This is not from a movie, it's all AI generated images. Pretty obvious when you look more carefully. It's not quite there yet, with thing like hands and teeth being obvious errors, but it's pretty amazing the stuff AI images can throw up now.

These are stills from an 80's movie that never was. Spoiler is an actual spoiler so only open once you've had a gander.
This is not from a movie, it's all AI generated images. Pretty obvious when you look more carefully. It's not quite there yet, with thing like hands and teeth being obvious errors, but it's pretty amazing the stuff AI images can throw up now.

I did think the resolution looked too good for stills from an 80's film + if they'd shot that many scenes why didn't theu just release the thing! Amazing though! I'd watch that film, looks awesome!!

Got me thinking, my brother uses to work at Games Workshop, doing the artwork for books, things like this the below. He used to set-up the scene using miniatures and photograph it, then it was all painted in photoshop on Wacom tablets.

EEYLVBfWwAMP7ng

Based on that video, AI could easily generate that! Kinda cool, but equally worrying for artists, especially digital artists and visualisers.

You can always tell from looking at the hands - it's the one thing AI gets consistently really wrong. Genuinely amazing what they can generate these days, though

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 11.21.15.png

Price hikes for broadband and mobile coming in next few months for those on contract.

VM increasing mine by £6pm which is 29% more than I am currently paying. Taking the absolute **** by doubling the RPI + 3.9%. 😡

Yeah my mobile is going up by about a fiver as standard then each add on I have is about a quid each more,
**** take

Latest posts