• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

Bank of England says people shouldn't ask for pay rises as that may cause inflation yet everyone and their dog is jumping on the chance to fleece the people of this country.

What about apples new macbook air with the bigger display, M2 chip and new colours. Looks amazing but it costs £1100

What about apples new macbook air with the bigger display, M2 chip and new colours. Looks amazing but it costs £1100
Good if you like, need and can afford an apple note book. I will stick with my M1 MBA base model. No need for me to upgrade yet and they didn't limit the speed of the SSD like they did with the base M2 to nudge those to the 512GB model.

Only real advantage of getting the M2 is slightly faster processor, new design and return of MagSafe. Cheaper M1 second hand models are available in the apple refurb store for those looking for a bargain.

I've got a MacBook Pro with the M2 and it's insane, I love it
Don't know wtf kind of magic they've done to the battery on it but I forgot my charger when I was in office the other week;
8 hrs coding/running local servers etc. w/ external monitor, Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, still had battery to spare by the time I went home - my windows laptop lasts a couple of hours tops

For the far right "freedom of speech" was always synonymous with "freedom to hate". Whilst many look at this as a failing of Twitter, those on the far right and the Muskovites look at this as a success and proof of allowing free speech. Every single social media site and forum that became little more than a place where trolls spewed hatred and people were harassed has died. Ultimately most people have little desire to stay on such platforms except those who get the kick out of being disgusting individuals.

Musk is fundamentally a quite unstable man-child. Yeah he has made billions but being rich doesn't make you a good person or even necessarily that smart. In most cases the ultra wealthy are simply extremely selfish, narcissistic, abusive, manipulative and sociopathic / psychopathic. The fact that people worship someone who wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire is a mentality I can never understand.

"Alexa, if I ask you to play song and there's a version by Jimmy Nail, I meant the other one"

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Twitter employee was randomly locked out of their computer, got no response from HR or Musk about if they still had a job or not. Tweeted at Musk who eventually responded and proceeded to publicly **** all over what the person may or may not have done before then poking fun at their disability (muscular dystrophy). God the guy is an absolute ****. It's part of the recurring theme of those on the far right idolising people who are absolute shits and treat others like crap. I am so done with people who make excuses or idolise the likes of Trump, Johnson or Musk. Anyone who admits they like them is just admitting to be they are a ******* twat with no moral compass who gets a kick out of seeing others suffer.

The more you read into that Halli guy the more you realise how much of a great guy he is
Voted Iceland's person of the year for his crazy amount of charity including paying for people's Christmases and paying the legal fees of SA victims
His company was bought by Twitter and instead of taking his money as a lump sum he took it in the form of a job/salary so that he'd pay more taxes on it as he wanted to give back to the Icelandic social systems that helped him so much....as he also has muscular dystrophy, which Elon questioned whether he actually has and called him lazy

He also is (/was) on a no-fire list as his compensation would be so astronomical, as he was owed so much for the acquisition of his company

Edit: seems like musk found the do not fire post-it note
Wonder if it's the first time he's said sorry in his life

Last edited:
Isn't this just slut shaming or similar against sex industry workers? Like I don't know how it isn't a business expense for people doing that job.
Considering the tax avoidance that goes on elsewhere, especially by the likes of the Daily Mail owners it's a pathetic cheap article.

Both those figures are nuts - I'm in the wrong line of work
Its crazy the figures involved but suffers much like pro-athletes your net worth decreases massively as you get older.

Also it like youtubers and streamers, you have one layer of small amounts people making ridiculous sums. Then the next level doing alright. Then the one below of making next to nothing.

Latest posts