• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Thin Blue Line

It says in that article that he'll be held in a segregation wing like the others.

If they didn't he'd be dead in hours. Now, will they be able to 100% ensure his safety? No, but they'll keep him relatively safe for a a hell of a lot longer than had he gone into general population.
Can't say I know or have ever been inside a prison. And I wouldn't say good luck to either. They made their bed and have to face whatever life is like as an ex copper (splashed all
Over media) rapist will be.

Can't say I know or have ever been inside a prison. And I wouldn't say good luck to either. They made their bed and have to face whatever life is like as an ex copper (splashed all
Over media) rapist will be.
Oh I agree. I hope he gets some karmic justice coming his way.

Probably the least surprising news in the world apart from the fact an offcial report actually had guts to come out and say it.

I'm surprised it went far enough to say the Met should be effectively disbanded if changes aren't made. The report definitely isn't pulling its punches.

I'm surprised it went far enough to say the Met should be effectively disbanded if changes aren't made. The report definitely isn't pulling its punches.
Again nothing we didn't actually know the shock is the report actually said it.

"Institutionally racist". So nothing much has changed since the Macpherson report.

Disband the Met? And what? have two different forces serve the capital? Isn't that one of the main reasons they didn't catch Jack the Ripper? She is saying this is the recommended ultimate sanction if they don't get their act together.

The Met is made up of people and mostly men at the end of the day. They are no doubt desperate to recruit, but their recruitment/vetting process is **** and they are failing to pick up racist, misogynistic and homophobic officers. And not sacking officers found guilty but just allowing them to carry on.

I am just not sure disbanding is the ultimate answer. No doubt fundamental reform is needed.

Not only the Met, but Hillsborough also highlighted how rotten South Yorkshire police were and how West Midlands covered up for them. Neither were disbanded afterwards and am sure mysogeny, homophobia, racism still exits within those forces.

The reputation of the police in this country has taken a battering for sure.

"Institutionally racist". So nothing much has changed since the Macpherson report.

Disband the Met? And what? have two different forces serve the capital? Isn't that one of the main reasons they didn't catch Jack the Ripper? She is saying this is the recommended ultimate sanction if they don't get their act together.

The Met is made up of people and mostly men at the end of the day. They are no doubt desperate to recruit, but their recruitment/vetting process is **** and they are failing to pick up racist, misogynistic and homophobic officers. And not sacking officers found guilty but just allowing them to carry on.

I am just not sure disbanding is the ultimate answer. No doubt fundamental reform is needed.

Not only the Met, but Hillsborough also highlighted how rotten South Yorkshire police were and how West Midlands covered up for them. Neither were disbanded afterwards and am sure mysogeny, homophobia, racism still exits within those forces.

The reputation of the police in this country has taken a battering for sure.

1) I think it's more separating London policing and national policing as I believe counter terrorism and parliamentary protection etc... also fulls under the Met.

2) Vetting needs to improve for sure, but no matter how perfect someone will always slip through the net. It's the fact that when complaints or even worse police reports are made and nothing is done that is truly shocking.

3)) This is definitely true. If anyone thinks it's just the Met then they are blind.

At this stage they had better find her because otherwise it's been a complete waste of police time and resources. Yes, it would be wonderful to actually give closure, but there are plenty of other children and missing people who haven't be given nearly as much attention by the police and quite possibly some could have been found and saved.

Latest posts