The Trf Rl2 Comp!

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by sanzar, Nov 9, 2005.

1. sanzar

sanzar Guest

OK, from what I gather a lot of people on this board will be getting the game on both PC and PS2. Now, considering this, it only seems logical that we set up some sort of online tournament for both platforms with all the interested members.
    If you're interested post here and we'll start compiling a list. Also, if you have any suggestions on how you think the competition should work, add them in as well and we'll all have a vote on the preferred method.

Here's the list so far (which will be continuely updated):

PC players:

sanzar
    woosah
    Ripper
    esoj
    Morgs
    Paddy
    Wally

PS2 Players:

JJ
    Kinkon
    The G man (also known as Gay-Guy)
    gjohn85
    jinxed_nz
    knuck

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Im game......

Just signed up and registered my playstation at www.playstation.co.nz

Now they are gonna send me a CD to show how to get it up and running online. I'll have to go and buy the neccessary equipment. I have a non slim line ps2 so what else do i need (already have an ADSL modem for the computer).

Can't wait to go online.........nobody here anymore to play with.........

4. ak47

ak47 Guest

Wont be ready till next gen,

u know............it wont happen overnight............but it will happen [​IMG]

5. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i am keen for pc [​IMG]

i can't wait for it really not long to go now... well there is a bit of time but less than a month to go [​IMG] havn't had that kind of countdown since september o_O

my flatmate might be keen for playstation but we will ahve to set him up over the network for it

6. Ripper

Ripper Guest

PC for me.

My PS2 Network Adapter is reserved for Madden, Killzone and NBA 2K6.

7. -JJ-

-JJ- Guest

<- PS2.

From my online players list I think the tournaments for PS2 will be quite small but hey, we can try.

8. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i am just getting it on pc for the modding abilities [​IMG]

9. sanzar

sanzar Guest

I'm getting it on both, but I'll predominantly play the PC version because of the same reason... and of course because the game should look kick arse on my PC, which is still a relatively high end machine running with a AMD AthlonXP 3200+, 1 gig ram and an Nvidia 6800GT (got a 19" LCD moniter too [​IMG] ) ...
    I seriously can't wait till all the windfeild cup patches, 70's patches (which will be even cooler now with the option of playing the GF at the SCG!!), 80's patches etc...

10. 187

187 Guest

i went and asked around for a network adapter for my ps2 and they don't sell it no more coz it didn't really sell that well.. shattered.. trademe is my last hope!

11. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

i got everything set to go for my ps2...so im in [​IMG]

12. Nobody plays online on PS2.

Well... nearly nobody.

13. Ripper

Ripper Guest

only Americans... and me.

14. Yeah, well you suck! [​IMG]

15. esoj

esoj Guest

pc for me and pc only is that is the only thing I have. I did make a suggestion that we could have like a proper tournament with 15 players controling an nrl team each and maybe run it along side the real thing next year. only problem is some people may not have that much time so we could maybe still have the 15 teams but shorten the roud robin down from 24 rounds maybe to half like 12 maybe. I guess we can work this all out when the game comes out.

16. woosaah

woosaah Guest

^^^^^^^^^^^^I am keen for that [​IMG]

17. esoj

esoj Guest

yeah me too mate. should be able to get 15 pc players easily and have a test comp of it before maybe running it in realtim along side the actual nrl next year.

18. Paddy

Paddy Guest

im in

count me in for the PC version

19. Xbox live has taken over. And aparently if you have a slim line PS2 there should be a built-in network adaptor.

Bought one and some point, but never used it so got my money back on it.

20. Wally

Wally Guest

Hit me up a phat slice of online play on the Personal Computer.

21. EVOL

EVOL Guest

i'm in the same boat

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!