• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ulster Thread

Oddest team selection from the cowboy yet...

15 R Andrew
14 M Allen
13 A Trimble
12 S Olding
11 N Walsh
10 P Wallace
9 R Pienaar;
1 C Black
2 N Brady
3 J Afoa (Capt.)
4 N McComb
5 D Tuohy
6 C Joyce
7 A Birch
8 R Diack

Replacements (16-23): R Herring, R Lutton, A Warwick, A O'Connor, M McComish, P Marshall, D Cave, C Cochrane.

I think I like it... but I'm not sure.

that is odd
the ten 12 call is odd
but then again olding has shone when he has played, nice not to see o'connor

also where has walsh come from
he's like 27?

I always thought Wallace was a good ten no problems there and I'd prefer Trimby at 13 to earls also opens his chances to regain international form after bod goes

Walsh played for lansdowne, then Melbourne, now it seems us. Good luck to him - tho I think I might have preferred us recalling Ron weasley from the u20s

Paddy Wallace out for the rest of the season and probably a good bit of next too. Cruciate Ligament.

We have virtually a full 15 out injured at the minute!

Paddy McAllister
Adam Macklin
Johann Muller
Stephen Ferris
Sean Doyle
Chris Henry
Nick Williams
Roger Wilson
Tommy Bowe
Chris Farrell
Paddy Wallace
Jared Payne
Peter Nelson
Adam D'Arcy

Include the recently deceased and it is a full fifteen... not our season. We're going to have 20 players missing for Treviso. 20.

We might have to play NOC.

edit: Squad named, Jackson in it, guess who will be goalkicking on Friday... at least we can bench NOC safely.

Last edited:
Include the recently deceased and it is a full fifteen... not our season. We're going to have 20 players missing for Treviso. 20.

We might have to play NOC.

edit: Squad named, Jackson in it, guess who will be goalkicking on Friday... at least we can bench NOC safely.

Home or away for Treviso? They ran in 5 on Munster the other day, perhaps not to be taken too lightly.

Home or away for Treviso? They ran in 5 on Munster the other day, perhaps not to be taken too lightly.

Home. First Ravers game this season for me. Not feeling overly confident right now but hopefully our returnees and home comforts will swing this.

Home. First Ravers game this season for me. Not feeling overly confident right now but hopefully our returnees and home comforts will swing this.

The sight of the new stand sites will put a smile on your face - the Memorial end structure is already well on the way to being up - its looking well in photos.

The sight of the new stand sites will put a smile on your face - the Memorial end structure is already well on the way to being up - its looking well in photos.

Not if it's blocking my view! Booked my ticket from the Memorial End... oops. Still space to stand around there?

Not if it's blocking my view! Booked my ticket from the Memorial End... oops. Still space to stand around there?

You'll be standing on a wee path infront of it:

file.php

file.php

Ah that's fine then. Be more crowded than I like it, but let's be honest, I mainly stand there as it's closest to the beer tent and I'm lazy.

Ah that's fine then. Be more crowded than I like it, but let's be honest, I mainly stand there as it's closest to the beer tent and I'm lazy.

There are boys walking around now selling beer, hot port and whiskey. Keep an eye out.

There are boys walking around now selling beer, hot port and whiskey. Keep an eye out.

They're a godsend - but if the injury toll doesn't abate soon, I'm going to suggest they could probably make a roaring trade on cyanide pills, particularly given what we shovel out with all the absentees.

They're a godsend - but if the injury toll doesn't abate soon, I'm going to suggest they could probably make a roaring trade on cyanide pills, particularly given what we shovel out with all the absentees.
What's becoming apparent during Ulster's slip in form is the absence of Payne and Muller. They're huge difference makers in the team.

What did you make of Henderson tonight? I thought he was class.

Olding is a terrific prospect.

Henderson was superb and Peat when we spoke about Lions bolter if he gets a shot with Ireland and in QF he may do it with that form. Olding looks a nice player but is he seen as a 10 or 12. Trimble and Cave did fine too but it a worry if Ruan has injury too

I cannot begin to agree enough. Those two - along with Best, Henry and Pienaar - are the heart, soul and brain of our team. And of them, Muller is the biggest leader. With Pienaar playing like he is, Payne's possibly the most intelligent too! I suppose I should be happy that we can lose 4 of our 5 most important players, have the fifth suffer a drop in form, and still get draws against decent teams.

Olding looked sooooooo good. Even as a Jackson fan, the ginger prince is already under pressure for his shirt. Henderson is just a horrific freak of nature. At 20, he's already about the most powerful man on any rugby pitch he goes onto. That's just sick.

edit: MM - Hendo's been like that all season at 6.

Also, please no talking about Pienaar going off injured. Or Cave for that matter. Because they didn't have any cyanide pills.

IMO Olding looks more natural at 12. Dunno if others agree though.

Always loved Henderson. Have felt a bit that he can drift in and out of games hopefully he can work on that and in fairness he does seem to be improving at it.

I think that was 1 of best I've seen him play. I know he has been going well but he stood out tonight. But it must be a worry like for all the big unbeaten run at start of season the big dip in form and injuries could really undo all that work

Latest posts