• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Welcome thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am Josh from New Zealand. Been following the ABs since about 1990, looking forward to them hopefully finally winning the RWC again. Have never really played much rugby but I think I know the game pretty well from years of watching and following it.

Hi There

Charles from maui, Hawaii

Born in France, played two years at University out there (wing), and actually I was a super bad player due to my body shape (180 x 61Kg)...

Anyway, I support France as National, RCT in pro D2 France, Stade Francais in TOP 14 France.

Hi, guys, here's GSV, from Italy. I'm new here, and trying to have a look around.
There is so much to read, I really don't know where to start from.

See you soon elsewhere in the forum...

GSV The sensation

Hi I'm Wally and I will not rest until I sexually violate at least half of you.

Hi I' Filippo I'm from Italy and I support our national team at RWC

Hello !!!!!

I`m new member !!!

I am from Argentina !!!!!!

Hello !!!!

even if some of it is spam at least it's friendly spam! :D </span></span>
[/b]

I disagree. If someone I didn't know came up to me in public and just said "Hello" and nothing else then I'm hardly likely to think much of them.

Don't see why the same principles shouldn't apply here.

what i meant by saying hello is of course not just the one word - a sentence or two in introduction about themselves is helpful and usually the case

and you're supposed to be nice in these threads and welcome people to the forum!

besides just saying hi is different in forums - you've already got their real or profile name and usually nationality or location

Honestly, if a member bothered to post something (anything really that I couldn't have known by looking a bit to the left of their post, like where they live, their username and the club they support), I'd be much nicer. And, if I thought the members just saying 'hello', 'hallo', 'bonjour' 'ola', '...' would ever return here to see what I wrote, I'd probably be nicer too. Since I'm usually a nice sort of person.

Right now, I'm trying out the, irritate members, so they'll post something being angry with me, so i can start an actual meaningful conversation with them' tactics. It doesn't seem to be working, so I might be going back to my 'make up stories about who ever posted a simple hello, in the hope they'll read it and go 'hey, that's not true, I actually have a pet donkey and I like my coffee black'

As I said, anything really.

I know saying hello is difefrent in forum, but as each new member doesn't make their own topic like with us, I have to come up with a way to make them react faster. I can't pull out the usual 'hey, welcome to ..., make sure to read the rules and PM me or any of the other Staff members if you have any problems with anything. So what got you to join ..., and what do you hope to find here?'

People would just fail to notice. And I'm not Staff here xD

I just prefer the positive approach - being friendly and making folks feel comfortable at the beginning.

It's probably not successful either, yet I think alot of folks aren't used to the confrontational style and might feel intimidated.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to hear more out of folks too other than whining about 10 posts to get into the gaming forum and where they're from.

However, sometimes I think we take it too far with new members that actually post as well - there are alot of newcomers to the forum and to rugby and many for whom English is a second or even third language (i.e. moi)!

I believe English is a fourth to me, until I got better at it. One of the mods at the forum I'm more active in is form Mexico, and I can honestly say that his english sucks some times, but he's a great person, and at least he tries to communicate with everyone. he made mod, and he's doing a good job at it too, so it is possible to be active, introduce yourself, converse with people when you make an effort.

I can see where you're coming from though, so I'll try and be nice in the future.

Meaning, I won't post here again, since it's hard not to get irritated with some posts :)

...I'd probably be nicer too. Since I'm usually a nice sort of person. [/b]

I have seen no evidence of this alter-ego of yours.
Not only are you nasty and *****y to the newbies on this site, but you're a liar as well.

I hope you're proud of yourself... <_<

My possibly deluded Religion teacher in secondary school told the class that everyone plays different roles in different situations. So my being a nice girl is not contradicited by my *****iness here.
Quite the contrary, because I am such a nice person, I need an outlet to balance things out, and since in this place I can be somewhat more anonymous, despite my username, it's the only place I can be a *****. So the *****ier I am here, the nicer I am everywhere else :)

Try and disagree wityh that logic!

Sorry for posting here again after I said I wouldn't, the situation called for extreme measurements.

hi i 'm mico, i'm french and i love rugby video game.

and i support french team

Adishatz ! I'm fanatic rugby player and I support France team when players want playing hard !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts