• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Worst Welsh Team Ever?

GarethGriffiths

Academy Player
Admittedly, I have 'borrowed' this team from another site, but after looking through it and analysing it I find it very hard to disagree with this line-up:

15. Matt Cardey
14. Jason Jones-Hughes
13. Simon Hill
12. Andy Marinos
11. Richard Diplock
10. Adrian Davies
9. Ryan Powell
1. Christian Loader
2. Ken Waters
3. Jeremy Pugh
4. Andy Allen
5. Greg Prosser
6. Glen George
7. Brett Sinkinson
8. Paul Arnold

Bench:

16. Ian Buckett
17. Rhys Thomas
18. Peter Francis
19. Robin Sowden-Taylor
20. Alun Carter
21. David Bishop
22. Richard Wintle
23. Shane Howarth

Dai bish was one of the most underrated scrum halfs in Wales and he was unfairly shafted by Welsh team selectors back then instead golden boy rob Jones who had a father in law as a selector was made no1 in Wales , bish was twice the player rob Jones ever was

Have to say I liked Bish, he's only in due to the absence of any other 'suitable candidate'.

I recall he got one bad red card once upon a time.

Rob Jones was one I disliked (though not because of rugby) but criticise him and people tend to think 'what the heck - he was as good as Howley/Moon...'

Dai bish was double the player rob Jones ever was all rob had was a good long pass he was awful tbf but was the golden boy meant that bish was shafted big style his one and only start he was the sole try scorer again st the Aussies in a losing test and his reward was to dropped , yes he wasn't completely law abiding bit his talent outshown that ! One of the biggest tragedies in WRU history and now it looks like Webb will be shafted in similar fashion

There's plenty of one/two cap wonders that could probably get in there. Warren Fury at scrum half for example. Olly Kohn in the second row?

A little unfair on Howarth who was a decent player, ignoring the fact that he wasn't Welsh that is! Jones-Hughes was a centre wasn't he?

Howarth was very decent , Rupert moon terrible , rob jones only marginally better! One of the worse I remember was derwyn Jones (think he was a policeman) tall guy in the lineout and that was it , slow , ponderous couldn't pass, atrocious!!!

One of the worse I remember was derwyn Jones (think he was a policeman) tall guy in the lineout and that was it , slow , ponderous couldn't pass, atrocious!!!

In pre lineout lifting days, he may not have been dynamic, but was pretty effective, like Richard West, Martin Bayfield and Richard Metcalfe and no doubt many more. Useful enough that I remember South Africa (Kobus Wiese IIRC) knobbling him pretty blatantly early on in a test match.

I'd throw Will James' name into the hat. He was a steady enough club player, but not an international IMO. IIRC he won a few caps around the 2007 RWC.

Will James is Glaws so.... lol ;)

Jones-Hughes IIRC was mainly a centre but did play on the wing for Wales at least once, possibly replacing Nick Walne (another forgotten player).

Howarth did okay (barring the eventual ineligibility) but I always thought that Kevin Morgan and Rhys Williams were better options at #15. Just my opinion anyway.

As for Moon, better off on the gogglebox ;)

Latest posts