• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This years Tri Nations Schedule!

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 5 2006, 08:08 PM
Actually .......my bad........ there not playing any games at Telstra Stadium

Telstra Dome only holds 50-55,000 but the atmosphere with the roof closed is amazing and as you said there's plenty of Kiwis in Melbourne so they might get close to a sell out.
Nah mate, they won't even come close. I can see the biggest regular game of the tournament being Australia v Great Britain in Brisbane, if not the biggest of them all. It will probably decide who plays in the final and Brisbane always gets the best Test crowds. I might get up for this one. I still think the tournament will fail down under though.

What Wally reckons..

Oct 14: New Zealand v Australia, 8pm, Ericsson Stadium, Auckland (19,000)

Oct 21: Australia v New Zealand, 8pm, Telstra Dome, Melbourne (16,000)

Oct 28: New Zealand v Great Britain, 8pm, Jade Stadium, Christchurch (15,000)

Nov 4: Australia v Great Britain, 8pm, Aussie Stadium, Sydney (25,000)

Nov 11: New Zealand v Great Britain, 8pm, Westpac Stadium, Wellington (12,000)

Nov 18: Australia v Great Britain, 8pm, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (36,000)

Nov 25: Final, 8pm, Aussie Stadium, Sydney. (38,000)

Melbourne is going to be embarrassing and the Christchurch and Wellington games could both turn out to be disasters if the Kiwis arn't doing well - I was generous. No sell outs, bar maybe the opener in Auckland.

Originally posted by Wally+Apr 6 2006, 01:02 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 5 2006, 08:08 PM
Actually .......my bad........ there not playing any games at Telstra Stadium

Telstra Dome only holds 50-55,000 but the atmosphere with the roof closed is amazing and as you said there's plenty of Kiwis in Melbourne so they might get close to a sell out.
Nah mate, they won't even come close. I can see the biggest regular game of the tournament being Australia v Great Britain in Brisbane, if not the biggest of them all. It will probably decide who plays in the final and Brisbane always gets the best Test crowds. I might get up for this one. I still think the whole tournament will fail down under though. [/b]
I'd agree with that

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 11:57 PM
Annoyed? Why not write an article, cockle?
Nice one Helen, that sut him up. :p

And I love the fact that Great Britain play all of their matches in a row, hopping back and forth, whilst Australia gets 2 byes... -_-

It isn't actually that expensive to fly bewteen NZ and Australia - you just have to book ahead and shop around.

I can sometimes get flights cheaper travelling to NZ from Melbourne then I can to Sydney.

The draw is crap but not for Australia!

Originally posted by BigTen@Apr 5 2006, 03:11 PM
It isn't actually that expensive to fly bewteen NZ and Australia - you just have to book ahead and shop around.

I can sometimes get flights cheaper travelling to NZ from Melbourne then I can to Sydney.

The draw is crap but not for Australia!
I'm sure that would be quite right, but most people will book with tour companies as there is a lot of planning required here. And they will bu,p up the prices, of that you can be sure.

How much are flights from Aus to New Zealand, just as a matter of interest?

yeah i agree it will be tough for the fans, but i think the crowd estimates are a bit low. but i guess we will find out.

you looking at coming down for this tour snt?

ill be going to the nz/gb game in wellington :)

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 08:04 PM
It just shows a really poor lack of consideration for the GB fans, it really does.
come on dude

Sydney to NZ - u can swim it :p

If you played in Perth you have bigger worries

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 08:27 PM
The players will be fine, but I'm told the cost for fans wishing to tour has increased by as much as £750 as a result of this hectic scheduling.
:eek:

oh now i get ya

yeah thats bad.........revenue lost for rugby league then

not sure where u got that figure from thoough

u can fly to NZ for AUD$200.00 if u plan it right

besides, you should be saving for the Ashes - not this :p

YES!

finally i wont have to listen to that dreadful noise i hear watching the tests over in the uk

what was that!?!...oh i mean the british commentry...

but then again we stuck with stupid fob 'ropo' and that annoying aussie who do the warriors games...atleast they wont be blatently bias

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 5 2006, 11:37 PM
This one is well out of my capabilities mate, financially at any rate. :(

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 6 2006, 11:37 AM
yeah i agree it will be tough for the fans, but i think the crowd estimates are a bit low. but i guess we will find out.

Those estimates are probably a bit generous, no one gives a f*** about League in NZ unless the Warriors are winning.

Do the NZRL have anything to do with organising the tournament? They thought they could sell out Eden Park.

Originally posted by Ripper+Apr 7 2006, 09:02 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Apr 6 2006, 11:37 AM

Those estimates are probably a bit generous, no one gives a f*** about League in NZ unless the Warriors are winning.

Do the NZRL have anything to do with organising the tournament? They thought they could sell out Eden Park. [/b]
damn a league game at eden park wud be special...

the only way they can fill up the garden of auckland is if:

a) the warriors win premiership and crowned nrl champs
B) they had a full strength kiwi squad full of all our healthy fit super stars
c) and they gave away 10,000 free tickets

depending on how things go with the warriors this year and our stars overseas we can sell out ericson,wellington and christchurch

Just watched the Cowboys smash the Tigers and i gotta say....

Thurston>>>>>>Marshall( injured again :rolleyes:) and Prince combined...... when is he going to get a spot in a Kangaroo jersey?? he's in rare form

Mat Bowen, is there anyone more exciting in the game??? the Aussie selectors would be crazy if they didnt select him for the ANZAC test and Tri Nations.Let him play off the bench and he'll carve NZ and GB to pieces.

popped his shoulder in the last minute of the match...then they cut to him after the game in the lockers and he was in tears....so this cud be a very long injury

Where were his forwards when Benji had to make those two tackles himself?

That's dog.

Latest posts