9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteua
13. AAC
14. Ioane
15. Hynes

Has to be.

But knowing the selectors they will pick Giteua at 10 and there will be more NSW backs in there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 5 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteua
13. AAC
14. Ioane
15. Hynes

Has to be.

But knowing the selectors they will pick Giteua at 10 and there will be more NSW backs in there.[/b]

9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Giteua
13. Ioane
14. Hynes
15. AAC

Put Cooper and O'Connor on the bench as cover but keep an eye on them, match officials might lose their laptops otherwise...

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11Mitchell
12 Giteau
13AAC
14 Iaone
15Hynes

That is a scary looking backline.

I am tempted to agree with you. Barnes is okay but Cooper has stepped up I think. O'Connor is overrated, Cross is a very poor man's Mortlock, who himslef is getting on in years. Barnes back-up 10/12 to join Mortlock and Burgess on the bench.

I would like to put Mortlock on the line up instead of the bench. Today during the Lions game he really showed some nice moves. the guy is still motivated and I reckon he can do some real damage.

9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Ioane
15. Hynes

20. Burgess
21. Q. Cooper
22. O'Connor

I still think when it clicks, a Barnes/Giteau partnership in which the two playmakers interchange is Australia's best option. There you have consistency, two kicking options, two playmaking options, good defence and it keeps the opposition guessing. This time last year almost everyone other than me was rubbishing Quade. He's good but still developing. **** the dude could be in jail in a few months time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Mar 7 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Ioane
15. Hynes

20. Burgess
21. Q. Cooper
22. O'Connor

I still think when it clicks, a Barnes/Giteau partnership in which the two playmakers interchange is Australia's best option. There you have consistency, two kicking options, two playmaking options, good defence and it keeps the opposition guessing. This time last year almost everyone other than me was rubbishing Quade. He's good but still developing. **** the dude could be in jail in a few months time.[/b]

At the end of the S14 if Cooper is still playing the way he is then he has to be Wallabies flyhalf. He's won the two games for QLD. Giteua was crap last year and he hasn't got the Brumbies backline firing either. Barnes has hardly been spectacular either for NSW and can't last 80 minutes.

9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Ioane
15. Hynes

Yeah great with that backline don't expect the ball to make it past 10 very often, Barnes kicks every time he touches it and thinks he has the accuracy of Chris Latham with his torpedo kicks.....

I think you guys need to ditch Drew Mitchell as a winger. I don't think he is fast enough. Ryan Kankowski smoked him on the weekend, and in my opinion, a winger needs to be fast enough to run down almost anyone. What about that quick guy from the reds? He looks promising. Or do you think Mitchell's playing abilities keep him in the spot?

The fact Mitchell is a try scorer, who is pretty solid in defence keeps his spot, he has pretty good attacking.
Davies isn't ready for the Wallabies yet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Mar 11 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The fact Mitchell is a try scorer, who is pretty solid in defence keeps his spot, he has pretty good attacking.
Davies isn't ready for the Wallabies yet.[/b]
Solid in defence? He single handedly lost the Force the game against the Canes last season, he is too erratic and not good enough in the best times to justify taking the risk. We really need to work on our outside backs, the only player I would pencil in for sure would be Diggers, the rest of the players are good but not great at best. 2011 here we come! <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 11 2010, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think you guys need to ditch Drew Mitchell as a winger. I don't think he is fast enough. Ryan Kankowski smoked him on the weekend, and in my opinion, a winger needs to be fast enough to run down almost anyone. What about that quick guy from the reds? He looks promising. Or do you think Mitchell's playing abilities keep him in the spot?[/b]

There has been way to much made of this "Kanko smoking Mitchell" ****. Kanko got a huge head start because Mitchell had to turn around, everyone knows Kanko is fast so he is going to take some catching no matter who you are and if you actually watch the footage Mitchell came very close to catching him. If he had another 10 meters I have no doubt he would have. To be have Kanko narrowly beat you in a forty meter dash when he has a head start is nothing to be ashamed of.
On form Mitchell is probably the best winger in Australia atm (if you count Ioane as a centre). His four tries against the Lions were a great mix of creating-somthing-from-nothing type tries and genuine finishing through great positional play and pace. He would definitely be in my line up.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ioane
14. Hynes
15. Ashley-Cooper (can't understand why anyone still entertains the thought of him as a center-can't remember ever having a good game in the centers)

20. Burgess
21. Barnes
22. O'Connor

Lol at Barnes, the Wallabies "Vice Captain" being on the bench on most people's teams.

the wallabies have been struggling they need a change, barnes isn't the change, though Cooper might need international experience

Revising a few things..

This years Australian backline picked on current form.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Lealiifano
13. Ioane
14. Turner
15. Hynes

This years Australian backline.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ioane
14. Hynes
15. Ashley-Cooper

This years Australian Barbarians backline (to face England in midweek Tests).

9. Burgess
10. Barnes
11. Davies
12. Halangahu / Lealiifano / Faingaa
13. Chambers
14. Turner
15. Kurtley Beale

BOOM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Mar 21 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Chambers?

LOL WUT?[/b]
Development mate, development. It would probably be more realistic of me to put in Mortlock, Cross or even Rob Horne, but that's not how MY team works.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Mar 22 2010, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Mar 21 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chambers?

LOL WUT?[/b]
BOOM as in BOOM they're gonna lose cuz Chambers is at 13
[/b][/quote]
Nah dude.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Mar 23 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Mar 21 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chambers?

LOL WUT?[/b]
Development mate, development. It would probably be more realistic of me to put in Mortlock, Cross or even Rob Horne, but that's not how MY team works.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Mar 22 2010, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Mar 21 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chambers?

LOL WUT?[/b]
BOOM as in BOOM they're gonna lose cuz Chambers is at 13
[/b][/quote]
Nah dude.
[/b][/quote]
Seriously, Chambers is a half decent athlete, but he'd be far better off stashed in the forwards somewhere.....

Funnily enough Chambers played exceptional today in his first start at outside centre. Kiwis.. gtfo.

Latest posts