• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Thoughts about refs in this years record?

Some people have no sense of humor....If I see a video like that, and afterwards I say BARELY touched him.....and I admit to being an Ireland fan, please take it in the spirit it was said.....

Now, the punch was WRONG. But IF that french player did stick his finger up any other player's backside(you don't know what happened before that piece of video), he would most probably get the doodoo punched out of him AGAIN. Because there's certain things you just don't do.

I think if the Ref saw that punch, he would've carded him. Did the TMO say anything?Most probably missed it?

For the most part, I think that standards have been good, in particularthe way that certain referee / TMO combinations have liaised in order to scrutinise incidents without delaying the game has been great.

My only frustration is one that I'm surprised that more hasn't been made of - the occasions when TMOs have spotted incidents, which they and the referee have reviewed and decided on the wrong (according to a citing hearing) sanction. It demonstrates conclusively that one or the other are making the wrong decision. An an arm chair fan, it's impossible to pinpoint who gets it wrong and why, but it's unfortunate that someone is making the wrong call, especially now we are reaching the business end of the tournament.

I have more sympathy for incidents that both the team of three and the TMO have missed - the TMO is just one person with one pair of eyes and god knows how many feeds (no scrum related pun intended) to keep an eye on. It's unfortunate, but understandable.

Last edited:

Latest posts