• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tiger Woods 2006

U

USArugger

Anybody playing this? Just got it and I'm really liking it. Hard for me to hit straight with the analog stick, but I'm catching on. I had 2004 on PC and the mouse click swing is easier.

I am playing rivals mode now. Haven't tried to go on tour yet. Does anyone know if you should build your abilities before you start playing seasons, or can you just go out and start playing?

Excellent game. Now I only play NCAA about 40% of the time.

Originally posted by USArugger@Nov 7 2005, 10:11 PM
Anybody playing this?  Just got it and I'm really liking it.  Hard for me to hit straight with the analog stick, but I'm catching on.  I had 2004 on PC and the mouse click swing is easier.

I am playing rivals mode now.  Haven't tried to go on tour yet.  Does anyone know if you should build your abilities before you start playing seasons, or can you just go out and start playing?

Excellent game.  Now I only play NCAA about 40% of the time.
Yeah I rented it as i have owned and clocked 2004 and 2005.

On Tour the AI scores alot better...........its as though they react on your 1st round score............I have gone down to the final 3 holes in the 4th round behind....in fact......I lost 2 tournoments (out of approx 8), and in 2004, and 2005 i never lost (even on tour mode)...........2006 AI is alot better, and thats what the game needed

Its damn better than what the reviews state, but due to the Xbox 360 TW..(have u seen it...OMG OMG drule drule), I am holding out and getting that....the graphics are just too pretty and.......................GALLERIES!!!!!!!!!!!

<

USARugger.... long time, no see.

Can't ever get into Golf Games, find them boring, TW2005 was preety fun I guess for a 3 day rent.

Yeah Ripper,

It has been awhile. I was relocating to beautiful sunny Iraq. No internet for awhile. All is well here and when I'm not working I can get an hour or so on the PS2.

Looking forward to Rugby 2006 since I will have time to kill now and then.

yeah i might have a look at this prolly wont buy it. i have actually just taken up golf for a hobby, driving range a couple of times a week and a round of golf or 2 in the weekend just for a bit of fun.

i wounder how long i can keep it up
<

I'm not a golf person, but I don't mind a little play now and again. I thought about the latest PGA but, too expensive for something I'm not really interested in.

Still play 2004 regularly; their the only EA sports games that never loose their challenge.

Oh why can't they all be as sweet.

Originally posted by ak47+Nov 8 2005, 01:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 8 2005, 01:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-USArugger
@Nov 7 2005, 10:11 PM
Anybody playing this?  Just got it and I'm really liking it.  Hard for me to hit straight with the analog stick, but I'm catching on.  I had 2004 on PC and the mouse click swing is easier.

I am playing rivals mode now.  Haven't tried to go on tour yet.  Does anyone know if you should build your abilities before you start playing seasons, or can you just go out and start playing?

Excellent game.  Now I only play NCAA about 40% of the time.
Yeah I rented it as i have owned and clocked 2004 and 2005.

On Tour the AI scores alot better...........its as though they react on your 1st round score............I have gone down to the final 3 holes in the 4th round behind....in fact......I lost 2 tournoments (out of approx 8), and in 2004, and 2005 i never lost (even on tour mode)...........2006 AI is alot better, and thats what the game needed

Its damn better than what the reviews state, but due to the Xbox 360 TW..(have u seen it...OMG OMG drule drule), I am holding out and getting that....the graphics are just too pretty and.......................GALLERIES!!!!!!!!!!!

<
[/b]
AK,

No kidding they imroved the AI. I played my first tournament and had a six stroke lead after the first round (I drained at least three approach shots for eagles and had 5-6 long birdie putts). I never even approached my first round score again, but the AI ramped up all the other guys' scores and I ended up in 33rd place. Not complaining, but if you have an absulutely insanely good round, they will catch back up with you.

so if you have 3 average rounds on purpose and try pull one out of your a$$ in the last might be the way to go
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 11 2005, 08:41 AM
so if you have 3 average rounds on purpose and try pull one out of your a$$ in the last might be the way to go
<
thats seems to be the plan....although for statistical purposes, all you wanna do is kill the course

playing 3 bad rounds and hitting the 4th, will inflate your avg score, putts per round etc......and when it comes to bragging rights, the records and stats in TW are KEY

true but if you keep going full for all 4 rounds you are most likely to get caught up eh

but there may be some very low scores out there

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 11 2005, 08:41 AM
<
I had a shitty first two rounds and then shot 11 under in the third round to start the final day up by one stroke. The leaders only shot -4 for the last day. Not sure if they average it and adjust after every round or what. I do know that when I shoot a really good first round I have to keep that pace up because they will never go backwards from there.

DOes anyone play as any of the players you unlock? I have never done that. I nly play as my created golfer (me).

Also, is there any point to Rivals mode other than doing the same thing again and again against different golfers and building your attributes? I know you want to get trophies. Can you win sponsorships without playing in Rivals mode? All my offers have come after winning events in Rival mode.

Also, why are the Ping clubs so shitty? I got a PING contract but I already have better clubs in my bag. Makes no sense at all...

well, rented this baby out last night, and I must say ive been converted to golf games... once I earn myself some more pennies (been saving most of my wages at the moment) this will definatly be high on my purchase list.

One thing I have found this year from my previous rentals of 04 and 05 is that putting seems to be easier, much, much easier and I found the new controls easier to master, which is both a good thing as I got frustrated before, but a bad thing as its easier to master...

Rivals mode was intresting, but I felt it could have been done better, but overall an excellent game and once I clock more time in it, It should get better.

Putting is way too easy.

I only play as myself also. I tried making the guy look like me. I got it close but then got fed up with it and just made a crazy looking dude.

This game is OK, but I'm still playing NCAA football.

yeah take nothing from the brand of equipment u can use

they arent reflective of real life brands

heck TW NIKE is rated above PING and other mad brands like Taylor Made etc

EA often have the best equipment - lol

I have investigated TW360

apparantly looks stunning and the galleries really add a good touch and atmosphere

Although 6 course would get pretty bland in career mode

based on reports thus far the 360 aint getting any pre-order from me

All my sports games are rushed and too plain and simple with features

I know its looks pretty, and thats what the rental is all about

Until it gets deeper, 360 aint getting bought

I know other non-sports games are the goods, but tell someone else not me...if it aint sports, war or racing.............GOODBYE

EA sports 360 line is not giving microsoft a good rap
Infact - alot of Madden FANBOYS want the NFL licsense back on competitive ground, so they arent subjected to things like MADDEN 360.....LMAO

All the 2K sports games have all rated better....

Originally posted by USArugger+Nov 8 2005, 09:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (USArugger @ Nov 8 2005, 09:10 PM)</div>
I was relocating to beautiful sunny Iraq.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-USArugger

I will have time to kill now and then.

erm....

na golf games, ive only got a old as demo of one, but its one of those games that you have to own at least one in the series... like a nfl, nba, fishing etc - you just have to own one.

when this games been out for a while i might go to the local eb and get 2005 for $20
<

Originally posted by sambad5+Nov 30 2005, 04:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:26 PM)</div>
Originally posted by USArugger@Nov 8 2005, 09:10 PM
I was relocating to beautiful sunny Iraq.
<!--QuoteBegin-USArugger

erm....

na golf games, ive only got a old as demo of one, but its one of those games that you have to own at least one in the series... like a nfl, nba, fishing etc - you just have to own one.

when this games been out for a while i might go to the local eb and get 2005 for $20
<
[/b]
You have a future in the media with your creative cut and paste of my post
<

Originally posted by USArugger+Dec 2 2005, 02:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (USArugger @ Dec 2 2005, 02:43 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sambad5+Nov 30 2005, 04:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:26 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-USArugger
@Nov 8 2005, 09:10 PM
I was relocating to beautiful sunny Iraq.
<!--QuoteBegin-USArugger

erm....

<
[/b]
You have a future in the media with your creative cut and paste of my post
<
[/b][/quote]
lol well - atleast break into the american media
<