• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tightrope to the Finals

Wally

Academy Player
Run to the semi-finals for the Super 14 contenders with two rounds remaining:

1. BULLS (43 points, +114 differential): Crusaders (home), Stormers (away)
2. STORMERS (38, +172): Sharks (a), Bulls (h)
3. CRUSADERS (34, +80): Bulls (a), Brumbies (h)
4. REDS (34, +79): Hurricanes (a), Highlanders (h)

5. WARATAHS (33, +54): Chiefs (a), Hurricanes (h)
6. BRUMBIES (32, +57): Highlanders (h), Crusaders (a)
7. HURRICANES (32, +28): Reds (h), Waratahs (a)

Looking at that we have a f**king amazing 2 rounds of rugby to go, with basically all the top teams playing each other in some form or another. Expect the sides ruled out of making a finals appearance to cause the odd upset as well.

Predict your results, tables..

Mine:
1. STORMERS
2. BULLS
3. REDS
4. BRUMBIES

With the Crusaders looking very shaky in their last two losses and the Hurricanes still with a lot of work/praying results go their way to do there's a strong possibility we won't see a single Kiwi side in the finals for the first time in history.

Last edited:
has anyone seen this site? http://www.lassen.co.nz/s14tab.php i know its pretty easy to predict what teams will get into the semis, given ur predicted results for the remaining games (since theres only 2 rounds left) but this lets u put in what u think the result for each match will be (including # of tries scored for each team) and then it calculates the final standings... therefore i predict...

1-bulls
2-stormers
3-canes
4-reds
but itll be close

For the love of rugby I just hope that the Stormers end up in 1st place, I don't think a final in Soweto will draw a big crowd:confused::rolleyes:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Soweto won't be a problem, and if it's a Bulls vs Stormers final it could be on the moon and people would still buy tickets.

Bulls Stormers game will at the time of play have been sold out for about a month right ?

How much does that happen in Super rugby anymore ?
You gotta love the Newlands and Loftus crowds, always rock up.

For me it's going to be
Stormers/Bulls
Reds
Brumbies

The reason I have the Bulls and Stormers tied is because I'm actually shaky about the prospect of the Sharks at Kings park at the moment, but I think we'll beat the Bulls on Newlands (especially on current form).
The Bulls will destroy the Saders, at Loftus I'm sure of it.

so going on points difference then, I'm thinking.
Stormers
Bulls
Reds
Brumbies

I'm expecting the Bulls and the Stormers to be 1 and 2 respectively. I have faith the Crusaders will manage to win their last two games, as they always seem to play well at this end of the season (though they are certainly up against it this weekend against the Bulls). I'm predicting the Waratahs to beat Chiefs, and the Hurricanes (at home) to beat an understrength Reds team this weekend, meaning the final round matchup between the Waratahs and the Hurricanes will determine forth place.
That would leave the final table as:
Bulls
Stormers
Crusaders
Waratahs/Hurricanes

Dream on mate there's no way the Crusaders will beat the Bulls at Loftus on Friday.

Dream on mate there's no way the Crusaders will beat the Bulls at Loftus on Friday.
While I'm in no doubt the Bulls will be the favorites for this match, the result of this match is anything but a foregone conclusion (unless you are a Bulls supporter!). The Bulls are certainly not playing to the level they were last year (though admittedly neither are the Crusaders) - I think it will be a lot closer than you think!

I'm with Bull. The Bulls can't lose there. The Sharks tried everything, but were choked to death by the juggernaut. The Saders will come out firing, but once the second half starts, the gates are going to open, and the massacre will begin.

Hmm. I am sure the Bulls and Stormers will beat the Saders and Sharks respectively, though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. That should see them through and the Stormers should at least go through with a losing bonuspoint and points differential should they fall to the Bulls in the last round. Looking at the rest, there's not much to seperate the Waratahs, Brumbies, Reds and Hurricanes. If the Saders don't beat the Bulls, they will hope these teams and teh Highlanders spoil it for the others which might still see them in if they can beat the Brumbies. Based on current form, I will predict:

Bulls
Stormers
Waratahs
Reds

with Brumbies, Blues, Hurricanes and Crusaders just missing out

Expecting to beat the Bulls at Loftus Versfield is sorta like expecting NZ to win a World Cup.
Even though it might get close, it aint gonna happen for a while.. :D

I did say whoever is at home will win between Stormers and Bulls
Bulls pull a win by less than 4 (Steyn drop hint hint?) or will it be Peter Grant? argh.

I cannot decide at all.

third to fourth is tight but

Brumbies
Canes

Brumbies look good for the Tahs, and then finish against (a possibly dangerous game) but most likely win against the Highlanders
Canes might just knock the Reds out and then beat the Waratahs in r 14
Reds fairytale run will end if they lose in town this weekend, and I (sadly) think they will

Last edited:
Bulls
Stormers
I'm not sure about 3 and 4 yet but I think the Canes will make it.

Injuries at the wrong end of the season killed the Reds. I'm adamant we would have gone on to beat the Hurricanes at 21-8 if Braid had started the game. Instead he was placed by an inexperienced player who is apparently just as stupid on the field as he is off it. Didn't see him do anything constructive. Eventually he was sent off and the Hurricanes scored three tries. Shattered.

Shiiiiiit... Oh well. We'll bounce back, take a bonus point win next week against the mullet brigade and look to the heavens for a spot in the finals.

Congrats to the canes!

IMO the Reds better make the play-offs. They have been playing great rugby this year and only due to injuries have they been struggling.

The Hurricanes were very impressive last night. I think we closed out the game very well which is what we did not do when we played the Chiefs. We should be able to beat the Tahs next week, not that I think it will be easy. If we don't make the playoffs then we will definitely have to blame that appalling mid season run.

Latest posts